Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: A Halo RTD: Mission One {8|8}  (Read 8191 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Halo RTD: Mission One {8|8}
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2014, 03:25:05 am »

"Stealth Team wait for us to draw their attention and then take those Jackals out, I don't care if you snipe them or get up close and snap their necks, but get them silenced quick so you can move to support us. Assault team focus on the Jackals on the buildings directly ahead of us, and the one slightly to the right and try to get them downed as quick as you can, while you're doing that I'll draw the Elite's attention to keep him preoccupied. Stealth Team give us the signal when you're ready to go, and we can move in."

Grabbing his magnum in one hand, and the knife in the other Maverick prepares to activate the cloak as the others get ready.

When the Assault team moves in activate cloak and charge at the Elite, try and get the knife into his throat before he notices I'm there but if that fails just unload with the magnum, switching to the knife if he manages to get in close.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:33:11 am by adwarf »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2014, 03:32:03 am »

"Got it."

Move in towards the side tunnel once Caldwell and Gundar does so. Once the fighting begins, exit the tunnel and shoot at the closest Jackal with my rifle.

blazing glory

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2014, 04:14:30 am »

Move into the side tunnel and wait 10 seconds after the assault team makes it's move and shoot a jackal.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2014, 08:14:02 am »

((Darn, looks like I missed the start of this. Sorry, I've been somewhat distracted lately. I assume my character will go with the assault team then, on account of my weapon?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2014, 08:25:41 am »

"Got it."

Stealth team. Wait in the side tunnel for the noise to start, then cloak, run in, and stab them. Or use gun if I have to.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2014, 11:24:22 am »

((It's a shame we're not trying to do this as stealthily as we could. Then again, it would probably take longer.))

"Just remember that your active camo will go down if you fire a gun or make any sudden movements. And it cant hold up if you start running. Take it slow and make sure you are in position before you attack. No need to rush, since they don't even know we're here yet. Also, Elites seem to have a knack for seeing through camo, so wait until he passes on patrol and hit him from behind if you can, Maverick."

Since it looks like the side tunnel leads onto a ledge, I'll go with the stealth team and provide overwatch, preferably while hidden by the tunnel wall or a large rock on the ledge.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:32:17 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2014, 11:52:55 am »

((Okay, so I'm trying to type my action here, but I'm confused. It seems like everyone who has posted an action so far is going to the side tunnel and is going to wait for the assault team. Who, exactly, compromises the assault team?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2014, 11:56:43 am »

((Looks like me, Crimson, bg,  and NAV are the stealth team. I'm just going with them to provide overwatch, since once they get near the jammer and buildings, they probably won't have line-of-sight to see what's going on elsewhere.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2014, 12:13:48 pm »

((All right then, here's hoping some of the other players will join me in being a distraction.))

"I'll just go and get shot at then. Have a good one."

Exit through the large cave. Get into some solid cover and start firing short bursts at the nearest hostile.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2014, 05:15:12 pm »

Go with the assault team

(Sorry I took so long)

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
  • Better known as Roland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 08:34:25 pm »

((Feeling like a derp. Was waiting for post no. 8, but Ranger isn't taking part in this mission. Or at least not until later.))

Holston Jackson
"Stealth Team wait for us to draw their attention and then take those Jackals out, I don't care if you snipe them or get up close and snap their necks, but get them silenced quick so you can move to support us. Assault team focus on the Jackals on the buildings directly ahead of us, and the one slightly to the right and try to get them downed as quick as you can, while you're doing that I'll draw the Elite's attention to keep him preoccupied. Stealth Team give us the signal when you're ready to go, and we can move in."

Grabbing his magnum in one hand, and the knife in the other Maverick prepares to activate the cloak as the others get ready.

When the Assault team moves in activate cloak and charge at the Elite, try and get the knife into his throat before he notices I'm there but if that fails just unload with the magnum, switching to the knife if he manages to get in close.

After the plan is set out, the Spartans split into two groups, a decoy Assault team that will charge in guns blazing, so to speak, and a Stealth team, which will sneak around the side. You opt to join the first, and find yourself waiting near the entrance of the cave. When the Stealth team gives the all clear, you activate your cloak and draw your knife, before charging out of the tunnel and straight at the Elite. {Elite:Dark:8 [7+1 for scouting +1 because charging -3 for cloaked]} You manage to close the distance to the Elite before he even has a chance to notice you. [4+1 for undetected=5 vs 4] You lunge with your knife for his neck, and though he notices you just as you do, not even the Elites infamous speed and strength can save him from your blade as it punctures his throat and he falls beneath your weight.

Charles Milton
"Got it."

Move in towards the side tunnel once Caldwell and Gundar does so. Once the fighting begins, exit the tunnel and shoot at the closest Jackal with my rifle.
You agree to take part in the Stealth side of this operation and proceed down the smaller of the tunnels. This tunnel leads to a slightly raised ledge that overlooks the research base below. It appears as though there are several grunts hiding behind one of the labs, sleeping. Well not for long. When your fellow Spartans are in position you radio the Assault team and give them a green light. Once you see them move on your HUD, you step out of cover and take aim at the nearest Jackal, one on top of the leftmost lab. [4] You squeeze the trigger twice and while your first round hits the Jackal in the arm, your second hits the beast centre-mass. It falls to the floor, well and truly dead.

Starn Gundar
Move into the side tunnel and wait 10 seconds after the assault team makes it's move and shoot a jackal.
You follow Spartans Milton and Stewart down the side tunnel, and take up a firing position on the ledge at the end of the tunnel, you sling your shotgun across your back and draw your magnum. Once the signal is given, and the Assault team has made its, well, assault, you aim at the last Jackal scout on the left lab and pull the trigger. [5] You hear the crack of the gunfire and see the Jackal's head snap back as your bullet takes it straight in the eye.

Matthew Stewart
"Got it."

Stealth team. Wait in the side tunnel for the noise to start, then cloak, run in, and stab them. Or use gun if I have to.
((I'm going to assume you didn't notice the drop. You could make the jump no problems, but it is a tactical error to give up the high ground. Sorry if you wanted to, I can easily change it.))
You decide to partake in the Stealthier way of doing things. Along with Spartans Milton and Gundar, you proceed down the narrower tunnel, following slightly behind the other two. Once the three of you have reached the ledge, Milton gives the all clear to the Assault team, and they you see them rush out of the caves. You take aim at a Jackal that is just about to put a shot through one of your teammates. [3] Whilst your shot misses the Jackal, it does make him miss his own shot, which passes harmlessly wide of your fellow Spartan.

Jason Caldwell
((It's a shame we're not trying to do this as stealthily as we could. Then again, it would probably take longer.))

"Just remember that your active camo will go down if you fire a gun or make any sudden movements. And it cant hold up if you start running. Take it slow and make sure you are in position before you attack. No need to rush, since they don't even know we're here yet. Also, Elites seem to have a knack for seeing through camo, so wait until he passes on patrol and hit him from behind if you can, Maverick."

Since it looks like the side tunnel leads onto a ledge, I'll go with the stealth team and provide overwatch, preferably while hidden by the tunnel wall or a large rock on the ledge.
You follow the Stealth team but lag just behind, planning on providing ranged support. You end up on a ledge overlooking the research base below. Trusting the aim of your teammates, ((and also because no-one specified targets)) You decide to try your luck at the Jackal snipers on top of the base proper. Once the Assault causes its distraction, you shoot for the sniper on the corner closest to you. [4] The bullet hits the Jackal in the shoulder, and you curse before pulling the trigger again. The second shot hits the Jackal in the head. It's definitely dead now...

Oskar Hartmann
((All right then, here's hoping some of the other players will join me in being a distraction.))

"I'll just go and get shot at then. Have a good one."

Exit through the large cave. Get into some solid cover and start firing short bursts at the nearest hostile.
You are waiting at the end of the tunnel when you hear the all clear over the radio. [5]You rush out of the cave and let off a single burst of five rounds. All 5 hit the Jackal on top of the lab directly in front of you, and you see him fall off the side of the building. You then proceed to dive behind a nearby rock, and stay there as you hear a carbine shot bounce your makeshift cover.

Jack Gurney
Go with the assault team

(Sorry I took so long)

You default with the decoy team and follow them down the larger of the tunnels. Once the all clear is given, you run out of the tunnel yelling and jumping and causing a good distraction. Sadly too good a distraction, because the only thing that stops you from taking a shot form a Covenant Carbine is one of your teammates shooting at the Jackal wielding it. The bullet misses, but causes the Jackal to miss you, as the shot embeds in the ground a few metres away.

blazing glory

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »

Try to drop out of sight and get closer to the jammer.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »

Shoot one of the Grunt's methane tanks. Chain explosions! Or, if it seems like a Jackal has spotted me, take it out instead. Or take out the remaining Jackal atop the southern jammer if nobody else does.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:04:12 pm by Beirus »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »

Shoot the elite closest to me.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2014, 01:02:03 pm »

((Quick question, how does the magnum's helmet linked zoom work exactly? Could you use it to peek around a rock by just using the gun?))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7