Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29932 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, distractions. Would it be fine if I just described the fight in a post?

I'm tempted to just have Tulwor accidentally crush her with his strength, but he doesn't fight to the death when possible against good foes. Granted, Unrest might prefer that, but that's really not his concern.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Unless you want to end it right away with a single blow, I'd rather describe Unrest's style myself.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair enough. I'll finish the fight in the next post, then. Likely will aim to mangle - nothing like the loss of an arm or leg to inspire you - but I have a good one-liner if I end up killing her instead. But before that, time for banter and whatnot, eh?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Okay, so I'm leaving sometime this morning/afternoon, and will be gone until at least late morning Saturday. I'm not sure what my internet status will be until I get back. Ideally, I would like to get a turn done Sunday or Monday, so if you can get your actions up by then, that would be great.

I understand if you want/need a bit more information from the NPCs first, and will try to accommodate.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, it might be best if you were to "officially" end their hearing. The gods in question can always ask the orcs themselves at a later point in time. Either way, there is little doubt that the PC's will have a good deal to discuss amongst themselves. Which was the main reason we got those orcs involved anyways.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm still working out exactly what to spend my miracles on, but it seems likely that I'll be using one interaction to organize/launch the assault on the Orcs, and the remainder of my actions on things that don't particularly interact with anyone else. Other interaction will probably be trying to handle that prophetic dream prayer, one miracle might be calling Samwise a rabbit but I'm far from certain on that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
OOC Post, Accidently deleted Subject Line
« Reply #321 on: August 20, 2014, 06:28:29 pm »

I suppose since Ketari is the temporary lord, that would be up to her.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Using the throne powers

Ketari creates the Watchers, Barkers modified with incredible sight, hearing, and the ability to call loud enough to be heard on the castle - by the dragon. They have different calls for enemies, allies, and unknown, but little combat ability themselves.

When you do stuff like that, tell me how many Miracles from the bank you are spending on the action please.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Just one miracle, unless it fails, but tit's not a massive alteration.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I would think that most questions of relevance have now been asked - even if, unless there is a major relevation, the talk afterwards won't change. Shall we move on to that one then? Either Ketari ends it officially, or I'll do a timecut to after she has eventually done so ;o

No, really, lets get that moving. Weird wants our turns, but much of these should hinge on what we decide now. Or how the rp between us goes, whichever.

Edit: Allright, done it just so. For the record, I also want to hurry this along a bit, as I will attend a festival tomorrow. Not sure how I will hold up on sunday afterwards... ;p
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:41:27 am by escaped lurker »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Just one miracle, unless it fails, but tit's not a massive alteration.

Then you are better off not using the throne for it. The throne takes all your actions to use, so it is best used to perform a ton of miracles at once, or truly massive miracles that would normally be difficult to perform. If that is all you want to use the throne for, you are better off doing it without the throne, so that you can get your other interaction and miracle as well.

Well, I would think that most questions of relevance have now been asked - even if, unless there is a major relevation, the talk afterwards won't change. Shall we move on to that one then? Either Ketari ends it officially, or I'll do a timecut to after she has eventually done so ;o

No, really, lets get that moving. Weird wants our turns, but much of these should hinge on what we decide now. Or how the rp between us goes, whichever.

This please. It turns out my trip will be ending early, so I can get started on a turn as early as tonight if I have the actions in.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did the Orcs take Unrest with them? Otherwise she's just gonna continue writhing on the floor while we talk... like she has been ever since the fight ended. The mental image is amazing, guys.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Can I deliver the weapons in the same action as ordering/organizing the mortals to attack?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Fair enough. I'll use it for a bunch of other miracles as well.

So what we want is:

Defence: the howlers should cover that.

Stealth: If we wwant to snatch back Chell, I'll make a cloak of hiding or something.

Storage: We could do with some kind of secure storage. I don't think just locking a door would do. So I'll transplant a barker forest sprig, grow a new grove in the castle, and have the roots form a bunch of chambers you can store stuff securely in.

I'll edit or make a new post in a bit.

Does the two miracles I woudl otherwise have just disappear then? Hmm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Does the two miracles I woudl otherwise have just disappear then? Hmm.
Yeah, I don't think it's worth it, to be honest. The primary thing the Throne can do that we can't is giga cannon something powerful by boosting the success rate well past the penalty of its combat score. Otherwise trading two miracles and an interaction for four miracles seems pretty wasteful.

Defense I'm not too worried about because of the castle's defenses, inhabitants, and the T-Cannon, but barkers should help.
Stealth cloak sounds like a good idea, though I guess it depends on exactly what situation Chell's in.
Storage I think is more important for stopping each other than outside entities, though I could see securing that doom egg better. Most of the other things are awfully people-ish and may object to being stuffed into a vault.

In related news, are these actions good? I'm a little uncertain on the scale for them.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33