Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29903 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)
« Reply #345 on: September 03, 2014, 12:11:01 am »

Weirdsound, what the hell? :P I have never, ever seen rolls go this badly twice in a row. I want to cry and laugh at the same time. At least Tulwor gets to fight.

Damnit, Auratus, keep your pirates under control. I'm holding you responsible.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:16 am »

I like that the first words of this turn are "The worst day of your life."

So yeah, wow. That's... that's something. That is definitely something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 03, 2014, 09:35:30 am »

Weirdsound, what the hell? :P I have never, ever seen rolls go this badly twice in a row. I want to cry and laugh at the same time. At least Tulwor gets to fight.

Perhaps having the crit chance at 5% on both ends is a bit much...  But nothing could have stopped that nat 100 from messing up Pyrite's day.

Anyway, I think I would like to roll both combats at once, so I'm waiting on Tulwor's response to the fight.

Also, since Ketemos is the only one to have any RPs, (So far. Ketari is still sitting on her interaction), everybody can start RPing with NPCs as soon as the fights are out of the way.

Edit: Actually, I forgot Auratus only partially failed his attempt to find Haze, and also has an RP, but I'll still let everybody else RP early if they wish...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:39:57 am by Weirdsound »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 03, 2014, 12:33:09 pm »

You wish  :P

-Corusu's Wing completed its mission, but on its way back to Kiatown spotted the pirate blockade. It promptly changed course, heading in the direction of Volcano, seat of House Skullcrest, where it will likely seek aid.
Yeah... "something" tells me that we won't be able to expect help from there anytime soon. Which-ever way the battle with the dread pirates went, they surely wrought serious damages on their navy, if not the city as a whole.

On the matter of rolls, random.org also pulled some numbers on me that I found rather questionable, multiple times even. I use real dice nowadays - also got a much nicer feel to it, as far as I am concerned. Well, just saying is all.

Edit:

Right, since it came into talk this round, and I was wondering about it somewhat either way. What would being a governor of a city, or similiar circumstances that would bar one from newbellum castle for some time entail? Any assorted mali or boni to doing that?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:36:18 pm by escaped lurker »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:24 pm »

I will cross that mechanical bridge when and if we come to it.

Edit: At the very least, it means you wont be able to use the various useful castle resources.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 03, 2014, 02:06:27 pm »

This seems like quite a thread. Would it be possible for players to not be Belian gods? Like, make someone who would have far less power, or someone who actively opposes the Belians?
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 03, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »

I feel deliciously bloodthirsty. Okay, the mortals could just as well all die, but Tulwor'll be fine no matter the outcome, so it's all good fun. Still, would be nice to get expected or unexpected reinforcements. But. Well. BLOOOOOOD.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2014, 02:14:00 pm »

This seems like quite a thread. Would it be possible for players to not be Belian gods? Like, make someone who would have far less power, or someone who actively opposes the Belians?

I have something about that a few pages back. I'll look it up for you in a sec...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 03, 2014, 02:14:51 pm »

(So far. Ketari is still sitting on her interaction)

I am? I thought my interaction was talking to Patches?

Ok, then.

I feel deliciously bloodthirsty. Okay, the mortals could just as well all die, but Tulwor'll be fine no matter the outcome, so it's all good fun. Still, would be nice to get expected or unexpected reinforcements. But. Well. BLOOOOOOD.

Well, i should have 3? batches of Barkers I could assist with.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2014, 02:18:36 pm »

There's, for example, a blockading fleet that could use sinking. I'll note godly intervention might result in Orcish godly intervention. There is no possible way for Tulwor not to join the fight in a situation like this, but well.

Ah, bloody Orcs. Who here has the in-character motivation to genocide the lot of them?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #355 on: September 03, 2014, 02:29:10 pm »

Quoted for Again_Dejavu's benifit. Also see the second post on page one of this thread.

Alright. So I noticed many people have requested to be on the waitlist, even though I don't recall saying there would be one. Waitlist implies that people are waiting in some order to be let into the game, and if I simply let more players in, it will be based on how their sheet and back-story meshes with present game circumstances.

Therefore, I am introducing the Participation Pool. Not only does the participation pool serve as an index of pre-made sheets belonging to players interested in joining, but it also allows these players to each adopt an NPC. Players are allowed to control their Adopted NPCs should they end up RPing with the gods, will get a single action per turn should their NPC become an actor, and will get to join the game should their adopted NPC be elevated to godhood (and I suspect that this group of PCs might be more interested in making/elevating their own gods than begging Rexxis to send them another one should anybody die).

Participation Pool Application:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NPCs Banned From Being Adopted:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do note, the list on the Wiki is a bit out of date, and if you want an NPC mentioned, but not listed there, just ask. If you don't want to whip up a character sheet for a god just yet, I wont make you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2014, 02:35:18 pm »

There's, for example, a blockading fleet that could use sinking. I'll note godly intervention might result in Orcish godly intervention. There is no possible way for Tulwor not to join the fight in a situation like this, but well.

Ah, bloody Orcs. Who here has the in-character motivation to genocide the lot of them?

Then just make sure that there are no enemy survivors to tell the orc gods.
Kill 'em all!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 03, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »

(So far. Ketari is still sitting on her interaction)

I am? I thought my interaction was talking to Patches?

Ok, then.

I think you have two... I never rolled the strength for the second pack though, and you are due to roll for this months batch of Barkers I think. We shall see if that gives you enough to make a third.

Fakedit: Just rolled the power for that second barker pack. Random.org continues to hate, as you got a 1. Do you want to make that its own Host, or just add that onto your already existing pack?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »

I think I'll just add that onto my first pack...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4629003/

Oooh. Another fifty.

So I'll have one pack strength 7, the howlers, however many of those i have/will grow in time, and 53 spare I can make into a new pack... leaving 13 or so remaining. They can just camp out on Barker Isle.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:56 pm »

I just had you make the Barkers from scratch. You have 60 now, can use 40 to make a pack, and will have 20 leftover.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33