Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 30038 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods (Signup and OOC thread)
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 01:55:40 pm »

Are gods EVER happy? I mean, never in history has their been a god that hasn't killed a huge amount of people just because they were pissy.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 02:08:01 pm »

Hmm... my goal isn't clear because her goals aren't particularly clear. See a good show of bloodshed, I guess, without everything dying. Else, what will fit the next time? Who will make new secrets for the birds to pay her in tribute?

She'd hate Faceless' immortal serial killers, because they screw up everything else - and it's dull. She's a firm believer that everything should at least get to fight - the boar is hunted, but it can easily turn and gore the hunters.

She's also rather happy, watching everything happen. She hates birds, but it's a happy hate, because she gets to eat plenty of them and the rest live in fear of her.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2014, 07:03:17 pm »

Also, I know some people are not good at taking critique, so I'm going to resist the urge to offer unsolicited advice on sheets,
Feedback. Must get. Do want. Yeeessss...

Your sheet is pretty good, but the fact that your character is very similar to Lurker's is a rather large problem. Similar personalities and goals, and they are even both dragons of a sort. Since they are pretty much the same thing, I'm hesitant to let both characters in, and I think Lurker's application is just a bit better than yours.
Hmmm. As best I can tell, Lurker's dragon statue is attempting to fuck over all the other gods and get stronger and more worshipped than them, while the Waveflame doesn't give a fig about the others unless they specifically do something to earn a grudge, focusing more on personal acquisition of wealth (including souls) and worshippers, to feed self-indulgence and pride. Dragon gotta have its hoard, after all.
If I'm misunderstanding something I can see about further differentiating them, though.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2014, 08:27:35 pm »

The way I read it, you are after wealth and power because of pride, and he is after wealth and power because of pride AND the desire to screw the other gods. Some difference, but not a whole lot.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2014, 09:35:22 pm »

The way I read it, you are after wealth and power because of pride,
Oh no, Gloriroar is after wealth and power primarily because draconic hoarding instincts, love of comfort, possessiveness and something of an inherited desire to acquire souls combine to form a being that makes Ferengi look charitable, on top of a sensible divine attraction to having worshippers.
The pride is a seperate thing, though it does boost the desire to have worshippers, and is really more of a hindrance to Gloriroar's goals than it is a goal in itself.

I... may not have explained that very well in my sheet. Welp.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:21:58 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:01 pm »

Feedback would be much appreciated. Personality/goals might be a bit flat at the moment; for some reason I found those harder to write than I did the motivation in his backstory.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 11:37:29 pm »

@IronyOwl

Very good sheet. One of the best submitted so far.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 12:55:16 pm »

Anyway. I am closing this off to new applications. I have begun the process of picking characters.

I have decided that Pyrite and Auratus, the characters of IronyOwl and escaped lurker respectively, are both in for sure, as they each combine a well written sheet with a reasonably high chance to end up feuding with any other god that might end up in the game. The other three spots are still up for grabs, and nobody is quite out of the running. Feel free to make last minute character sheet changes [just don't change your entire character concept], or arguments as to why your character would have interesting interactions with the two characters already in the game to bolster your chances.

I am working on some stuff for school as well, so the earliest I'll make my final pick and get an intro up is tonight.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2014, 11:05:24 pm »

I will watch and waitlist, I think. This is the interestings.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 12:00:46 am »

Ill waitlist as well.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 12:08:54 am »

Link doesn't work. On the interesting side, now I know you can link to the "create thread" page.

Also I forgot to figure out a speech color. Hm.

Probably red, though I don't want to steal Ruby Dragon's obvious choice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 01:14:01 am »

Link doesn't work. On the interesting side, now I know you can link to the "create thread" page.

Link fixed

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 01:32:34 am »

Waitlist me too please :D
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 04:56:09 am »

Also I forgot to figure out a speech color. Hm.

Probably red, though I don't want to steal Ruby Dragon's obvious choice.

Now, the ruby might be the centerpiece, but else he is very much golden. Very golden, in fact.

Is it fine to have bolded words? As I really like such two-coloured schemes, and bold gives that an even nicer feel.

On that note, micelus choice of colour is unreadable on the standard scheme of this part of the forums. Might I request / suggest black glow, as it would make it readable on the light-coloured version, while not changing the look on the dark one?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33