Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1031552 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12150 on: January 23, 2023, 07:20:50 pm »

k
noodle
i
g
h
t
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12151 on: January 23, 2023, 07:35:56 pm »

Man it's so cleanly done. Very nice.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: January 24, 2023, 04:17:26 am »

Very good work! 10/10 would die again
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12153 on: January 24, 2023, 09:43:18 am »

Sorry if this came up before, but is it clear what exactly happens to human souls in WH40K?
Like, Eldar souls are slurped up by Slaanesh.  Unless they are imprismed (sic) and recovered.
And presumably someone who has fallen to chaos would go to their patron...
or to chaos undivided somehow?

But what if someone was, random example, a gue'vesa in service to the Greater Good?

For that matter, what happens to loyal servants of the Emperor?
From all the lore I've seen, most human souls are too weak to stick around. Eldar souls are special because of how psychically powerful their race is, so that even after death they are able to stick around - hence soul stones and the fact that their soul persists even after death. When humans die, they just fade away. If they persists as a warp ghost, it's described as more like an "echo" of the person they were, rather than the person themself.

There is the faithfultm version wherein all human souls are protected by the Emperor. And there are soulbound astropaths for whom that is 100% true, as they are literally soulbound to the Emperor. And of course the astronomicon's psyker breakfast literally join the Emperor.
The real interesting thing is figuring out what happens to powerful human psykers. These are the humans who are powerful enough to hold their soul together after death. There are examples of lord inquisitorial psykers who transfer their soul from body to body after death, and an entire sub-ordos dedicated to figuring out what death & souls mean for humanity (including ways to come back to life & draw "souls" back from the warp). Such powerful psyker souls face essentially the same perils as they did in life. All demons can see them. All demons want to eat them, possess them, or corrupt them. 'Tis a hard unlife

-Go straight for the Highbrow stuff. Eisenhorn, Gaunt. (Not Ravenor. You don't put Henry Cavill in a box.) Of the two, Gaunt would be the easier one from a "get the audience into it" standpoint, but way more expensive since it's about battles, whereas Eisenhorn is a smaller scope story that's easier to shoot and budget for.
I hope it's Gaunt's Ghosts. Bagpipes and big battles. I want the siege of Vervunhive. I want it big and bombastic

k
noodle
i
g
h
t
Deploying electronoodles

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: February 21, 2023, 09:23:45 pm »

Long have been my labours, but loud shall the lamentations of my enemies be, for a Daemon Prince leads my armies.

Spoiler: Face (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Left arm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Right arm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Back (click to show/hide)

The sigil for his shoulder pinged off into the clutter in my room when I was cutting it out, so I've not been able to find it. Should be easy enough to pop in when I find it or if I decide to get a second prince. And knowing me, I will be getting a second prince to dedicate to Khorne or Nurgle before long.

Really like how the Sons of Malice scheme looks on a prince, though his pose isn't the best for showing it off.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: February 21, 2023, 09:48:19 pm »

What a handsome boy. <3

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3r6oZb2wI

The Lion has woken up. What's next? Jaghatai and Leman Russ decide to pop back in for a reunion barbecue?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Feels like they're setting up an End-Times scenario
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Can't wait for the new setting 41K: Age of Ultramarines
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Who was it ITT, who suggested GW should be focusing in on the areas of the galaxy that have no stories, instead of just focusing in on "main characters slapping main characters" in a timeline? Yeah they had the right idea. At least however GW are making some cool steps along with the misteps

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

As much as people complained about not advancing the timeline, thousands of years in a galaxy with lots* of star systems means practically infinite possible stories.
Guess that's what RP is for. They should make more RPG books! :p

*I don't remember how many stars are in our galaxy but it's at least a hundred!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

As much as people complained about not advancing the timeline, thousands of years in a galaxy with lots* of star systems means practically infinite possible stories.
Guess that's what RP is for. They should make more RPG books! :p

*I don't remember how many stars are in our galaxy but it's at least a hundred!
And all of them fade away, so we can have a hundred episodes of Guilliman saves the day whilst Abaddon chuckles villainously. Guilliman's fine and all but they have to get rid of Abaddon. That useless fucker was not meant to be a good villain for 40k literally every character he interacts with is more qualified to lead and represent chaos. E.g. Lorgar for actually believing in Chaos and starting both the Imperial and Chaos religions that everyone follows. Perturabo for actually doing the whole "I use chaos, I don't serve it" thing Abaddon pretends to do. Or regular people like Moriana who survived for 10,000 years, were on the winning side of the Heresy and the long war, and actually seized all of their power instead of just having it constantly handed to them on a silver platter like Abaddon.

Abaddon from the start never seemed like a character. He was just Horus's big attack dog. There was never any depth. But their insistence in not killing him off, the one possible silver lining to "advancing the timeline," despite killing off the entire Imperial Guard character list, is so frustrating. Because then they have to do all this copium "Oh yeah Abaddon really is failing upwards every time he gets beat up by a geriatric eldar or regular Imperial Navy captain or guardsmen." And his one apparent trait of "he bends chaos to his will, not the other way around" is such conceited crap. The Alpha Legion and the Iron Warriors actually do this, using chaos to carry out their own agendas. But Abaddon walks around with a mark of chaos on his forehead, a mark of chaos on his flagship, only ever doing the will of chaos using the powers chaos has willingly given - and can at any moment take back.

I've heard someone else describe it as like an elite soldier leaving the marines, joining a neo-nazi group, carving a swastika on their forehead and then spending the next 100 years carrying out a neo-nazi's group agenda whilst claiming he's just using the group and hasn't bent to their will

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

The common Abaddon L
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Nah, Abaddon has the one-and-only thing that matters: Name recognition.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Amd the book leaked, or at least so I heard. Major spoilers.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 824