Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1024200 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Battle: Powered Carapace, marked with original regiment symbol. =I= painted over heart, actual rosette unneeded in these scenarios. Melta or Hotshot & Power Sword.

Formal: Unholy fusion of Commisar and regimental Officer dress, rosette hangs from neck. The Power Sword again.

Informal: Custom-tailored guardsmen clothing, rosette hangs from belt.  Combat knife & concealed Las pistol.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Followed by a retinue of space marines, battle-nuns, techpriest magi, every other kind of imposing badass in the Imperium. Him/herself, dressed in worn battle fatigues + rosette. There's a synthskin armored stealthsuit under the fatigues, but he/she doesn't let it on. Smokes really, really bad lho. Five o'clock shadow, if male. The retinue is in comical fear of him and obeys his every word with excessive enthusiasm.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I was going to make a snide comment about the diamond-patterned fabric's prominence, but then I realized I don't actually know what that sort of clothing is called and have spent like ten minutes trying to figure it out.

Definitely what someone who's gone from grunt to space detective and given infinite resources would come up with when told to look fancy and given no other guidelines. "I guess this is what nobles look like."
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Well, he is wearing what is basically Stormtrooper uniform with a really fucking ridiculous quilted vest.
EDIT:
Also, considering it's WH40k it's not really unreasonable to think that this is how nobles look like. :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:18:39 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

In the words of AGP: "We looked like a bunch of guardsmen dressed up in X disguises".
Also, considering it's WH40k it's not really unreasonable to think that this is how nobles look like. :P
The real secret is that even nobles don't know what nobles really look like, they've just spent the last ten-thousand years trying to outdo each other and the Emperor. He'll finally give up and doom humanity once his bling has been exceeded.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:31:12 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Emperor is decked in golden armour, sits upon Golden Throne in a palace that every square centimeter of is at least gold plated, the whole Terra proably weights twice it had before due to all the imported gold and then there is fhis huge fucking reflector illuminating Him so hard that it attracts moths from Galaxy over. Oh, and He is guarded by oiled up Golden Bananas and guys in obnoxiously yellow armour.

I think Emperor is pretty much unoutblingable.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

First were the Men of Iron.

Then were the Men of Gold.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically, the Men of Gold were supposed to come first, followed by the Men of Stone, who created the Men of Iron. I'd say that Emps lead the Men of Gold to use a ludicrious amount of gold leaf on everything, but this source said he stayed out of it.

Edit: The originally linked site wasn't very safe, so I moved it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:10:56 am by My Name is Immaterial »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Emperor is decked in golden armour, sits upon Golden Throne in a palace that every square centimeter of is at least gold plated, the whole Terra proably weights twice it had before due to all the imported gold and then there is fhis huge fucking reflector illuminating Him so hard that it attracts moths from Galaxy over. Oh, and He is guarded by oiled up Golden Bananas and guys in obnoxiously yellow armour.

I think Emperor is pretty much unoutblingable.

Ehm, what about functional titans used as columns? Are they golden plated too?
P.S Dont remember the source, but there was some bit about Rogal Dorn deciding to have titans integrated in columns, so they look like decorative statues, so in case someone manages to get in palace, he realises, that titans in columns are fully functional.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My imaginary Guardsman Inquisitor would wear a regular Guard uniform, only completely without any rank insignia, regimental tags or other signs of identification. Terrifying in their lack of bling and shiny - maybe they'd have a small rosette on their belt like in MSH's 'Informal' option, but that's it. It serves the purpose of making people underestimate them and shows that they give no fucks about anything else than doing the Emperor's holy work.

I really like that look too tho, Kot. She (I'm seeing it as a her, for whatever reason) looks like she has the attitude down.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My imaginary Guardsman Inquisitor would wear a regular Guard uniform, only completely without any rank insignia, regimental tags or other signs of identification. Terrifying in their lack of bling and shiny - maybe they'd have a small rosette on their belt like in MSH's 'Informal' option, but that's it. It serves the purpose of making people underestimate them and shows that they give no fucks about anything else than doing the Emperor's holy work.
Right. Plus that makes it all the more awesome when various blinged-out individuals like generals and planetary governors start shitting themselves as this guy enters the scene and starts ordering them about in a quiet, civil and friendly manner.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Being without the rank is the critical element of it. The guard runs on the organization of the rank system. One conspicuously going without it is a statement of extreme danger.

That said, most high-ranking people historically do not fear Inquisitors. Now, that's a foolish attitude that indeed gets a lot of them killed, but that's the Imperium for you.
No Gods, No Masters.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Being without the rank is the critical element of it. The guard runs on the organization of the rank system. One conspicuously going without it is a statement of extreme danger.

That said, most high-ranking people historically do not fear Inquisitors. Now, that's a foolish attitude that indeed gets a lot of them killed, but that's the Imperium for you.

Pretty sure Planetary Governers generally do. Full inquisitors, that is, not Interrogators.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, he could also have a lot of badass names, like Butcher of $planetname, Commander Exterminatus, the Merciless, Bane of Billions, et cetera, but he's all like, "but please, call me Steve". He could have an extraordinarily pants-shitting reputation that's all the more pants-shitting for not being matched by his looks and behaviour, is what I'm saying.
Like, this guy has transcended the need to terrify and impress people with his bling and swag because everybody already knows who he is (if they don't, it's very emphatically their problem).
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 824