Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023935 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:33:14 pm by Ghazkull »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, why... kawaii animegirl hair are streaming from his helmet? Is Kharn qt animeboy behind his suit?

Also in Mechanicus novels you encounter things like Magos streaming combat memes to his skitarii, or ancient war machines having advanced euristic kill memes.
What are the combat memes/kill memes mechanicus uses?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, and AGP updated.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

Are there any 40K stories about people breaking Imperial law and creating True AI? And the consequences thereof? Are there any rogue AIs flying around the galaxy in suborned warships, and if not, why?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The line between machine spirit and AI is very vague. For example, everybody accepts that the machine spirits of Titans essentially have sapience on a level that even exceeds human norms. They can outright talk, though typically only to the pilot.

You also have the special case of the Castigator Titan, which probably qualifies.

In truth, there may not be anything fundamentally different between high machine spirits and AI, but the former is sanctioned by the Mechanicus and at least nominally obeys humans.

As for creating AI, it doesn't happen much for the same reason it doesn't happen in reality: shit's hard, yo. 99% of the people qualified to do it are part of the Mechanicus, who know better and can sanction as machine spirits, or the Dark Mechanicus, who prefer binding daemons.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:45:53 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Wasn't there a rogue AI nanotech thing that got controlled by khorne and used as a weapon that literally made people explode in blood? Not of human origin I think, but prob still counts as an actual AI. It gets featured in that one infamous story about grey knights using some sister of battle's blood in order to protect them from it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Wait, why... kawaii animegirl hair are streaming from his helmet? Is Kharn qt animeboy behind his suit?
Kharn is Hatsune Miku

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In 30k tabletop mechanicus has contagium mechanica( sentient computer virus blowing up hostile vehicles)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

in priests/lords/gods of Mars trilogy one magos created AI, which

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
"Please enter title of less than 80 characters" is what the forum told me
« Reply #7344 on: October 31, 2016, 04:04:13 pm »

Oh yeah, and AGP updated.
Hm. What's this "All Cogboy [for those who don't read AGP, tech-priest] Party" I saw mentioned in that?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Someone decided to do a knockoff campaign concept, which is exactly what it sounds like. I haven't read it, but for something derivative people seem to like it. It's been around for a while, as it happens.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Doesn't one brain like fight back against it though?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Hahaha roflmao the shadow over immaterium ordo xenos inquisitor is exactly how I imagine the ordo xenos inquisition is lead. I reckon since the detective is a powerful psyker, and that particular ordo xenos inquisitor was in the warp, the detective somehow summoned her from the warp to deal with the local genestealer problem. A drunk Ordo Xenos Inquisitorial man-demon as it were

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't one brain like fight back against it though?
As I remember, they all tried fighting on their own after getting transfered, but  the last transfer  managed to actually do something.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Unrelated, spoiler from Pharos.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 824