Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023779 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #5340 on: August 11, 2016, 12:14:06 pm »

Ehh, I know the Vallhallans aren't shy about conscripting women, and the Cadians probably have a regiment or too, two.

The Vostroyans should have female regiments too, just as a matter of providence.

---
Shining spears are jetbike lancers.
Not that I can remember the actual wingy hawk ones.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: August 11, 2016, 12:19:11 pm »

Catachans also have women among their ranks, though I'm not sure if they have gender exclusive regiments, even.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: August 11, 2016, 12:24:16 pm »

The lack of models is probably GW not bothering to make new molds.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: August 11, 2016, 12:28:47 pm »

Chem dogs have 'em too.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: August 11, 2016, 12:29:26 pm »

Swooping Hawks are the Eldar jump troops with wings, the Shining Spears are the Aspect Warrior version of the Windrider jetbikers.

On the note of female guardsmen, most regiments are raised by their homeworld according to their own standards, so regiments are composed of women, men or both according to the culture of their homeworld, except for occasions when the Administratum needs a regiment now and abducts everyone able bodied they can hit with a shock baton and drag to a shuttle regardless of gender. Unless a world is marked as being highly patriarchal it's probably fair to assume they allow female soldiers, if only because when recruiting on such a scale having to check gender would drag things out an unnecessary amount.

The lack of models is probably GW not bothering to make new molds.

I think the only new guard model for a decade or more is the plastic Enginseer, so this is probably it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5345 on: August 11, 2016, 12:50:44 pm »

Everyone knows women can't fight 40,000 years in the future
Also, there is literally nothing that says there are no Korpswomen. Think about it, gas masks and loose trenchcoats...
Unless you think that their women are /d/ worthy breeding slaves, but that would be waaaaay fucking heretical for anyone, maybe except Fabulous Bill. At worst I can see them somehow cutting breeding organs out or someshit, or really just regular kids-in-jars.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: August 11, 2016, 12:53:08 pm »

Far as I'm aware the bluebloods and mordians don't take women.

Also I can definitely see the chem dogs and Catachans having mixed regiments.
For that post-battle tumble in the jungle.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5347 on: August 11, 2016, 12:58:32 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: August 11, 2016, 01:27:28 pm »

Everyone knows women can't fight 40,000 years in the future
Also, there is literally nothing that says there are no Korpswomen. Think about it, gas masks and loose trenchcoats...
Unless you think that their women are /d/ worthy breeding slaves, but that would be waaaaay fucking heretical for anyone, maybe except Fabulous Bill. At worst I can see them somehow cutting breeding organs out or someshit, or really just regular kids-in-jars.
As far as I was aware, it was canon that there were no Korpswomen. As in I remember people talking about it. I took issue with the idea previously on this thread even, I think, because given the irradiated hellhole of their planet, even if all of the fertile women are made into Vitae Wombs, there's gonna be a ton of infertile women too.

Hell, even you basically brought it up:

Except that reasoning goes out the window with the Korps of Krieg - Barren women should be allowed to fight then, no?
Nope. That's mutation and proably heresy. Krieg doesn't give a shit, if you aren't metting the conditions perfectly, you're used as shooting back shooting target for the actual Kriegers.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:30:39 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5349 on: August 11, 2016, 02:15:57 pm »

There is nothing in canon saying there are no Korpswomen but also nothing ever showing them (or there was, but thanks to gasmasks we may never know), making it mostly a matter of headcanon. Also, as far as irradiated hellhole goes, a lot of men would be infertile too, not to mention mutations and cancer and shit, which is exactly why they pay attention to purity. Mechanically induced infertility wouldn't be an issue, I guess, and to think of it, possibly neither could be regular one, but... we don't really know a lot, there were barely any canon works portraying Korpsmen as characters, and the only one taking place on Krieg was during final training on surface just before they were to be shipped offworld... and the protagonist was one of rejects and spent most of the time hunting an Genestealer on surface disobeying orders and shit. It's a matter of headcanon, really.

And note how tons of Krieg related writebunchofsticky often involve female Guardswomen, the concept is really attractive to fetishists... after all, uncaring muscular military German space women in gasmasks and trenchcoats...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:17:53 pm by Kot »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: August 11, 2016, 02:50:05 pm »

DON'T YOU JUDGE mE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5351 on: August 11, 2016, 03:07:24 pm »

To be honest it's actually more like shy cute animesque French maids with German accents and a thing for digging trenches in the backyard. Such is 4chan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: August 11, 2016, 03:22:29 pm »

Vitae Wombs are definitely cloning tubes, for the record. It isn't mentioned a lot, but the Imperium is seriously anti-cloning. It's one of those very few things that there's variable policy on other than accusations of Heresy.

Humans are born. Servitors are cloned.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: August 11, 2016, 04:03:25 pm »

I always assume Vitae Wombs are artificial wombs that are used to culture harvested embryos. Such tech exists in Siege of Castellax, where they're called embryo farms, and are used to grow children created from ovaries surgically extracted from female slaves.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: August 11, 2016, 04:04:41 pm »

Vitae Wombs are definitely cloning tubes, for the record.
Probably not. The technology regarding cloning is called replicae and allows for the creations to be modified with such things as total subservience. That might sound dead on like the Death Korps of Krieg, but Kriegers are made to be as subservient as they are through extremely heavy indoctrination, which would be redundant if they actually were using replicae tech. Producing that many high-quality replicae is also rather technologically impossible without some seriously radical and dangerously heretical deviation.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 824