Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57222 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #1125 on: July 07, 2014, 01:21:32 pm »

I want an actual MMO. Not this anime crump.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 07, 2014, 01:22:35 pm »

This is an actual MMO. But it could easily be far bigger then any you might have played and it has been pointed out about 100 times so far that assuming it's going to be similar to a real MMO is a bad idea.
Your expecting to just play a normal old MMO, this is not a normal MMO it's a far more advanced one that's out to ensure we can't win.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:26:11 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 07, 2014, 01:27:18 pm »

I want an actual MMO. Not this anime crump.
You want a real MMO? Here's some news; we are in DAH FUTURE! What that means, is that MMOs could have changed.
Also, enormous open world, leveling doesn't happens after killing one monster at the lower levels, it takes time, bosses are absurdly powerful, and the so-called virus is actively trying to kill those who are trying to clear the game. Hmm, I WONDER IF THE GAME CAN BE CLEARED IN UNDER A MONTH?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 07, 2014, 01:28:20 pm »

Yes. It can.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 07, 2014, 01:29:59 pm »

Anybody wanna take bets on how far KJ gets before he's dead? I'll bet a weapon or set of armor of your choice that he doesn't survive the first week on his suicidal charge to freedom.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 07, 2014, 01:30:10 pm »

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 07, 2014, 01:31:17 pm »

You know those guys who can beat I wanna be the guy on the hardest difficulty? Those guys.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 07, 2014, 01:32:12 pm »

Uhm I have no idea what you just said.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:37:30 pm by PewdsRocks »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 07, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »

You know those guys who can beat I wanna be the guy on the hardest difficulty? Those guys.
Because a platformer is so similar to fighting bosses in RPGs. Maybe I can beat Oblivion fairly quickly.I mean, I'm pretty good at Super Mario.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 07, 2014, 01:47:42 pm »

Now then, with jerkass mode over, here's what my post amounts to:
Just because a person is good at one game doesn't make them good at a different one.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 07, 2014, 02:01:17 pm »

I think his point is that if most or all 500,000 people throw themselves at the problem (not literally, equipment and whatnot needs to be made or found),  this game would be pretty damn easy.

One boss versus 500,000 people? Doesn't stand a chance.
Even if it's a small continent... It's still 500,000 people, plus any NPCs you can get on your side.

If it's 100 levels the size of a continent, it obviously won't be done in a month. Nor do I think he meant it literally, but again, if you have half-a-million people working to kill one boss and shut down the game, with NPC reinforcements... It will be done pretty damn quickly.

This is an actual MMO. But it could easily be far bigger then any you might have played and it has been pointed out about 100 times so far that assuming it's going to be similar to a real MMO is a bad idea.
Your expecting to just play a normal old MMO, this is not a normal MMO it's a far more advanced one that's out to ensure we can't win.
Dwarf Fortress?
And as kj said, anything we can do, it can do as well. Probably better.
Take a closer look at this text!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 07, 2014, 02:03:30 pm »

Just saying, getting 500k people to do something cohesively is...difficult.

That's why it'll be a long process.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 07, 2014, 02:04:58 pm »

Just saying, getting 500k people to do something cohesively is...difficult.

That's why it'll be a long process.
But if they all know about it, and it's literally life or death, they're still going to be after the same goal.
And, it will become progressively easier to clear each floor as time goes on, because you'll have already gotten equipment, people into different units, etc.
Take a closer look at this text!

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 07, 2014, 02:05:23 pm »

You won't get all 500k. You have to remember a large portion of them will be kids.

How many kids will be willing to literally risk death on it? Using SAO because it's the only example more then half the players didn't actively take part in clearing the game, fear of death stopped them.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 07, 2014, 02:06:00 pm »

You are under the impression that A) all 500,000 would be high level enough to be more than annoyances to you and B) there would be enough room in the dungeons/towers/wherever-the-boss-is-located for 500,000.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89