Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57410 times)

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #735 on: July 05, 2014, 01:01:14 am »

Problem is maybe 10% of the players will play. The rest will hide in safe zones waiting for others to do all the dangerous work and die for them.

I think a big part of this will be finding a way to get the people to scared to risk during to do something useful.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 05, 2014, 01:39:25 am »

This being a Dwarf Fortress subforum, I suggest a survival-based MMO.  So "people" literally can't wait for others to do the dangerous work.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 05, 2014, 01:49:04 am »

This being a Dwarf Fortress subforum, I suggest a survival-based MMO.  So "people" literally can't wait for others to do the dangerous work.
Not entirely certain what you mean by that.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 05, 2014, 02:14:07 am »

Hunger and thirst being things necessary to mitigate, through hunting or farming or whatever.  Failing to manage hunger and thirst resulting in reduced strength or potential death.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 05, 2014, 07:46:35 am »

Hunger and thirst being things necessary to mitigate, through hunting or farming or whatever.  Failing to manage hunger and thirst resulting in reduced strength or potential death.

Yes also add miasma with dead corpses.

That'll rattle people's heads.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 05, 2014, 07:58:12 am »

So are everyones sheets good?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 05, 2014, 08:35:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 05, 2014, 10:03:52 am »

What exactly are Not Fleeing and Singing Ear Worms supposed to do?
Also, replace Poetry Writing. That ain't an in-game skill.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 05, 2014, 10:07:25 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Are block and heavy armor skills?
Also, this. Let's start;
Heavy Armour isn't a skill per se. Block is.
I think you mean Battle Healing with the self-healing skill, in which case regeneration.
Also, full armour set counts as one item in the Starting Inventory.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 05, 2014, 10:12:20 am »

You know, the Real Person backstory is probably more important. We'll be playing as them, after all. Anyone's character who, in this life and death situation, goes on about "my people don't get along with elves" is a SERIOUSLY hardcore RPer.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Does every bard ability need its own skill slot? Like, "The one that does this buff," "the one that does that debuff"?
Next, this;
What exactly is pyrotechnics supposed to do?
Stage Construction wouldn't exactly be a skill. More Stage Building, since you're 'building' the stage.
What is Substance Tolerance supposed to do?
From what I understand with your jamming skill, it isn't a skill. Unless you mean combining buffs with another bard-type character for even greater buffs?

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 05, 2014, 10:19:18 am »

Not fleeing is not giving into his fear and bolting out of a dungeon at the first sign of trouble.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 05, 2014, 10:21:43 am »

That isn't a skill, per se. That would be a more RP-related thing in that you would decide whether or by he has the strength of mind at the time to not flee.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 05, 2014, 10:24:36 am »

Stage Construction and Stage Building are... The same thing, you know?
Not much point getting worked up over using a different word when they're essentially the same.
Take a closer look at this text!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 05, 2014, 10:26:42 am »

Meh. Sure, he can use the word construction.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 05, 2014, 10:36:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Minor annoyances would cause enemies to come to attack him, so he can be a damage sponge for his party.

GENERATION 29:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89