Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!  (Read 9411 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2014, 09:18:54 am »

"And I raise this toast for... Huh. Where was... I..."

Magno significantly slows down as he sees the desert that surrounds him now. Finally, he shrugs and signs heavily:

"Never liked those celebrations anyway"

Raise my aura to a scorching level while I try my best to judge my current position.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »

•••
< 6 >
Mark closes his eyes and focuses on his surroundings, listening to hear where only insects scurry. He sees a place, it's dark, but it looks hidden. He allows his magic to take him there, with his eyes closed. His body moves around, he knows nothing of the direction, only that he's going to a dark room where no one will see him. After minutes of walking, the temperature drops. He doesn't want to open his eyes because that'll stop the magic. He reaches his hands out and feels anything nearby. His hand makes contact with a flat surface. It's cold. He quickly retracts his hand. His body stops. He opens his eyes and can't see anything. He tries to look for an exit, nothing. He then realizes that his echolocation isn't helping him. He walks around, looking for an exit, but to no avail. Where is he...
•••
< 5 >
Lilian waves his hand to the sick goblins and yells out his greeting. Even when the goblins are sick and their faces aren't the right color, they still greet him back and smile.

(You've gained a statistical bonus! Check your status.)

•••
< 3 >
Beirus reaches into his bag and takes out some pebbles. He only grabs three when the goblin horde gets back up and yells a battle cry.
•••
< 4 >
Starn quickly runs towards the horde of goblins! He sees a goblin with a sword and latches onto it, pulling it from the grasp of the goblin. The goblin is infuriated and yells a command, or so you infer. You look around and realize it was a command...goblins circle around you, weapons at ready. Oh no.
•••
< 4 >
Divi dei raises his hands, ignoring the fact that Starn is still in the group of goblins, and forces the sand to become barriers! Each barrier, he raises higher, deepening the hole in the ground. The goblins and Starn begin falling to their grave. They land on their feet in the bottom of a sand hole. Divi dei pushes the hand down, controlling the sand to do the same. However, as soon as the sand reaches the goblins and Starn, it explodes! Sand erupts from the hole, splattering onto the ground. Was that...magic?
•••
< 3 >
Crimson walks back a few feet, he doesn't walk back any farther because he's probably the farthest from the horde. He sits down and just looks around at the desert.
•••
< 2 >
Magno announces the beginning of his speech when he looks around...this isn't his friend's ceremony. He lets out the truth and sighs in relief. He tries to raise his aura of heat, but maybe the drinks he had consumed previously had affected his magic.
•••
The goblin horde still stares at Starn, goblins in the back of the circle seem to be channeling something...are they Casters?

Spoiler: Mark Zweihander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crimson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starn Gundar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divi dei (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jason Caldwell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magno Torres (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lilian Klein (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2014, 02:38:37 pm »

Get the rest of the pebbles from my bag. Focus and prepare to shoot rocks at the goblins if they get out of that hole and atack.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2014, 02:39:57 pm »

"Guys, chill. The goblins are cool."
Try to convince both sides to not fight.
Take a closer look at this text!

blazing glory

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2014, 06:12:52 pm »

Deepen their illness to have them on the ground in pain!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2014, 06:15:05 pm »

Deeper! DEEPER! The light of the sun shall never set foot in their pit of despair!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2014, 07:30:38 pm »

"They just had to go and fight..."

Focus and prepare myself to cast a spell.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2014, 02:10:30 am »

"Dammit. I must concentrate..."

Try harder to overcome my mild alcohol poisoning and raise temperature around.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »

Nav, you have 36 hours until you will be AI'd.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:03:58 pm by Lytia »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2014, 05:23:07 pm »

Sorry, I was camping with no internet access.

If theres a way in, theres a way out. Find it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2014, 11:31:36 pm »

•••
< 4 >
Jason pulls out the last of the pebbles from his bag. He gets back into a stance, holding the stance, preparing to shoot the pebbles at the goblins if they attempt to leave the hole and engage onto you.

(You've gained a hidden statistical bonus to aiming at the goblin horde, it will be removed once you leave the stance. If you'd like to stay in the stance, you may do so, but only for three turns, just state it in your action.)

•••
< 4 >
Lilian quickly jumps in front of everyone, onto the center of desert, a few feet away from the goblin horde's hole. She quickly yells at everybody, loud enough for the goblins to hear, that they should not fight. The goblins quickly roar in disagreement, and everyone notices they sound angry. Maybe that didn't work as planned. The goblin's begin to get louder in their voice.
•••
< 4 >
Starn decides to try at engaging onto the angry goblins and focuses on deepening their weak sickness that faded away a long time ago. Luckily, nausea doesn't fade away so easily. Starn quickly feels the bond with him and the nausea and strengthens it! He pours all he can into the magic to force the goblins to the ground, he feels his energy depleting. The goblin's faces seem to change in color, now they're a light purple. They drop to the floor and begin to vomit! The color of the vomit...too disgusting to even describe. Starn quickly finds his way into a dry corner as the goblins begin to fall into a deeper nausea. Unfortunately, Starn also feels a bit tired and rests.
•••
< 5 >
Divi dei raises his hand again, aiming to lift more barriers of sand from the ground. He feels the horde of goblins, on the floor, vomiting. He decides this is the time to strike and forces his hands up, connecting the bond of the sand with his hands, moving the barrier up! Sand barriers lift from the hole, as it deepens. The horde and Starn begin to fall deeper into the ground, the vomit moving with the barriers onto the surface. As the hole deepens, so does the sickness of the goblins. The hole is now dark and sight penalties are inflicted to anything inside.
•••
< 2 >
Crimson gets into a stance of casting, but feels like nothing is happening and he decides to stand back up.
•••
< 5 >
Magnos quickly wills past his alcohol poisoning and creates an aura of moderate heat. He feels the temperature raising but knows he won't be affected. He sees the heat around him and admires it.
•••
< 5 >
Mark sits down and the cold stone and tries to find the exit. Even with all his echolocation magic, he couldn't find anything. There has to be an exit...something must be blocking him
•••
The goblin horde continues to vomit.

Spoiler: Mark Zweihander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crimson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starn Gundar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divi dei (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jason Caldwell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magno Torres (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lilian Klein (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:54:52 pm by Lytia »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2014, 11:36:46 pm »

"Everybody just go home. Is there really any point in this? You, goblins! You should be ashamed of yourselves for reinforcing a stereotype about your own kind! You brought this upon yourselves! As for the rest of you, you should feel ashamed for immediately assuming they were here to fight just because their race has a bad reputation!"

Storm off so both sides know I'm mad. Mostly the goblins, though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:38:17 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2014, 11:39:58 pm »

And now...

Put the sand down. All of it. At once.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2014, 11:50:15 pm »

((Wait, taking a stance gives me a penalty to aiming? How does that work? I'm confused.))

"Oh, sure. It's species profiling  It's definitely not because they were carrying weapons that could harm us." Jason calls to the departing Lillian.

((Action to come once I learn how I got that penalty.))

Edit: ((Alright, now action time. Although it doesn't seem like we'll be fighting the goblins any time soon.))

Stay in the stance, remember how it feels so I can take it again at some future point if I need or want to.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:58:23 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

blazing glory

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2014, 11:50:31 pm »

Try manipulate the vomit to make a shield to protect me from the sand.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10