Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249394 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 239 Building superweapons
« Reply #7155 on: April 18, 2017, 02:12:12 pm »

did I ever apply for this? It feels like I did, but I can't remember.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: April 18, 2017, 02:33:32 pm »

Summon a heating cube, using one +2/+1 chaotic essence and one +1 CMP chaotic essence.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: April 18, 2017, 06:24:53 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Okay then! Good! Let's get to it!"

Doktor attaches the quantum computer to the prospector, then has the prospector locate metal ores and the miner bot dig for those ores. Meanwhile, he makes 3 essences.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: April 18, 2017, 06:51:24 pm »

Is anyone else slightly concerned about the name of this turn?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: April 18, 2017, 11:54:28 pm »

resume exploring the lower level, try to figure out what the glowing emerald does
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: April 19, 2017, 10:32:53 am »

Woah, that was... interesting. If only I had used that burst of magic magic for this, the results would have been undoubtedly fun. But, well, no use crying over spilled milk. Right, back to work!

Attempt to create a magic device with a funnel-shaped input on the side, leading down to a liquid reservoir which has a tap attached at the bottom. It doesn't have to actually do anything magical yet; I'll take care of that with future spells. It should have some amount of weight, though, so it doesn't just float off. Essences: 2 +1 CMP, 2 +1 POT

((Failbird, there is no sign of any character you may have had on the character spreadsheet. DG would probably let you join, though; the more the merrier.))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:27:51 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: April 19, 2017, 01:15:44 pm »

@Failbird105: there is no player limit. And you can take in action on the same turn you enter the game so feel free to put a bolded action under your character sheet

@Superweapons: Is that the necromancer's hydra, Some robot the good doctor is making, grey goose, or some other thing I haven't noticed yet?

Either way it can probably be dismantled if need be by a team of mages.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:52:32 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: April 19, 2017, 01:56:22 pm »

"You're welcome."
Aether lava isn't in danger of destroying my tree place, right?

If not, go to tree and meet up with Grundar. Give him most of my healing items. Also amulet, armour, and mace. Tell him I'm leaving and ask him to look after things and heal people that need it while I'm gone.

Then travel north while 3 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: April 20, 2017, 09:03:42 pm »

Turn 240

3 essences

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skeliborn continued pooling power.

"Many thanks for thawing me properly. I might have done it myself, but not as well as you did. So I'll try to repay your kindess in the future."

More sword experiments. Also, essence roulette just because I'm in good shape again.

Ao decided to test himself again, to see how much power he could manage to garher. Quite a lot as it turned out, and even as magic escaped it did so peacfully, leaving his eyes ocean blue.

Summon a heating cube, using one +2/+1 chaotic essence and one +1 CMP chaotic essence.

Cuberac, remembering the cold weather in the northeast mountains and how he got through, conjured himself another heating cube. This one was smaller, warmer and a little bit soft which allowed far better grip.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Okay then! Good! Let's get to it!"

Doktor attaches the quantum computer to the prospector, then has the prospector locate metal ores and the miner bot dig for those ores. Meanwhile, he makes 3 essences.

Doktor carefully wired the quantum computer into the prospector bot and sent it on its way. Soon, the miner bot changed direction and began digging a thin tunnel through the mountain.

resume exploring the lower level, try to figure out what the glowing emerald does

Seva, now with his earth birds began exploring the mud filled rooms. What he found was mostly mud, but his left pinky managed to find a cabinet somewhere under the mud. Thankfully, due to good shoemaking, there was no harm. The emerald was proving just as enigmatic as the mud. It glowed, but that was it. Maybe it was a battery of some sorts? Did it need something to activate it?

Woah, that was... interesting. If only I had used that burst of magic magic for this, the results would have been undoubtedly fun. But, well, no use crying over spilled milk. Right, back to work!

Attempt to create a magic device with a funnel-shaped input on the side, leading down to a liquid reservoir which has a tap attached at the bottom. It doesn't have to actually do anything magical yet; I'll take care of that with future spells. It should have some amount of weight, though, so it doesn't just float off. Essences: 2 +1 CMP, 2 +1 POT

((Failbird, there is no sign of any character you may have had on the character spreadsheet. DG would probably let you join, though; the more the merrier.))

{You don't have those essences, 2 +1/+1 were used instead.}

Chorkinaan was fiddling with physicality, the bending of space and time was trivial compared to making a proper tap. It took some doing ant it was not going to impress anyone who had seen proper factory made examples but it would work. The rest of the container was far easier to do and he finished off swiftly.

"You're welcome."
Aether lava isn't in danger of destroying my tree place, right?

If not, go to tree and meet up with Grundar. Give him most of my healing items. Also amulet, armour, and mace. Tell him I'm leaving and ask him to look after things and heal people that need it while I'm gone.

Then travel north while 3 summoning essences.

{Your trees are safe}

Grundar, now far better armed and armored, waved James away as he went to explore the north. It was quite touching, especially with how James paused after every few steps to look back.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: April 20, 2017, 09:04:48 pm »

did I ever apply for this? It feels like I did, but I can't remember.

I don't see your name in the charsheet among neither among the living nor dead, so probably not. Feel free to do so now if you wish.

The update came lateish and again PM-less because I caught the Stellaris virus. Should have PM's tomorrow though.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 240 Friends separated
« Reply #7165 on: April 20, 2017, 10:31:56 pm »

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: April 20, 2017, 10:39:24 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Looks like that's working."

3 essences while mining continues.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: April 21, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »

Head into the snow. See if I can enter the colder tiles now.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: April 21, 2017, 03:04:24 pm »

One last try at the dish. 2 +1/+1 essences. If it succeeds, pour the luck in. Otherwise, two essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:43 am »

Damn, that was tricky. I suppose that's what I get for attempting mechanization without the proper schools of magic ready. Now, let's see here...

Time to make the magic device actually do something! Add a small aura at the back of the funnel-input which cancels any of my physicality enchantments on liquids poured through. (So that, say for example, if I enchanted some flowing poison to gravitate directly into the funnel, it would then return to normal gravity and drop into the basin.) Afterwards create a tripod mount or something so the device can just be stood up on its own, with the tap accessible.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 506