Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249926 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 198 Fun for all involved
« Reply #6450 on: October 27, 2016, 11:31:18 pm »

((If we go into technicalities, it's not even your body what I want. What I really want is, you know, those shards... Could you perhaps donate few?))
((If you wanted the shards of eternity you probably should have just tried trading))
((He means the soul shards, 5 of which you can't part with until you die.))
I wouldn't be so sure about that...
((I said he couldn't part with them. Parting with something means to leave it or let it go. Being parted from something is different, and I believe is what you mean.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: October 27, 2016, 11:59:48 pm »

Perform certain actions that shall remain secretive for now.
((Does my +2 to luck while spellcasting not apply to chaotic essences?))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:04:36 am by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: October 28, 2016, 02:54:28 am »

I don't know HOW I didn't notice those white flowers earlier

((Good question, those flowers have been around since the tower was created, as a backup plan in case my primary plan would fail, which it did.))

Pull the arrow off, and turn state of the pollen around Ilium same as he is. The theory is that if he's incorporeal, then incorporeal pollen would affect him just as well. Use both chaotic essences.
Since I have that favour from wind god waiting to be used, let's ask him to rouse winds within tower to keep pollen up in air for people to breathe. Keep wind up until I die or until I leave the tower.

((GM: Do essences actually make difference here? What I'm targeting is plant matter so theoretically it should be within my affinity, but...))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:28:35 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: October 28, 2016, 07:05:30 am »

I kinda feel like I goofed a bit about them. I mentioned them at almost every post when Tower was just created, but people pretty much ignored them. So I stopped mentioning them and it seemed that everyone forgot about them, including their creator. That was some 80 turns ago, so nearly a year back IRL. They were just there, like the decorative columns and windows. You'll find them if you search for one but not really unusual enough to be worth mentioning.

Karnax gazed at the pollen that floated out of the tower. Clearly, someone was attempting a mass-murder.

Normally, Karnax would leave the tower alone, but this someone had recently rejected an offer of alliance from him. He decided to interfere out of spite.

Previous turn's action: Renew my fire-protection spell and extend its effects to Mallos.
This turn's action: MOAR POWAH into the ritual. Allow it to increase the temperature of the surrounding area again; I shall burn this pollen until it is nothing but ash.

1)You are too far away from the tower for pollen to reach you.
2)The strange dome hasn't gone anywhere.

((GM: Do essences actually make difference here? What I'm targeting is plant matter so theoretically it should be within my affinity, but...))

They do, it's all proper plant magic.

Okay, that's about enough confusion. Some people got some strange stuff instead of their turns. That's because you breathed in pollen and are high as kites right now. It will continue, and possibly worsen until you wither are away from the pollen or you manage to overcome it and gain a moment of lucidity.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: October 28, 2016, 08:03:19 am »

I kinda feel like I goofed a bit about them. I mentioned them at almost every post when Tower was just created, but people pretty much ignored them. So I stopped mentioning them and it seemed that everyone forgot about them, including their creator. That was some 80 turns ago, so nearly a year back IRL. They were just there, like the decorative columns and windows. You'll find them if you search for one but not really unusual enough to be worth mentioning.

((I never forgot them. I simply didn't need them until now. And to think about it, I'm pretty sure Shias told Jase about the flowers right after alcohol mage incident and he didn't do anything about it.))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:42:50 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: October 28, 2016, 10:22:40 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Oh my! So much... diabolicalness! Good thing I'm not in the thick of that! Now then...

Doktor Diabolical enlarges his robo-bike. Afterwards, he makes two essences.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: October 28, 2016, 10:26:08 am »

Doktor Diabolical enlarges his robo-bike.

((Suck it up, ya pansy! That's a small bike, but you know what, soldier? I once rode a bike built for EIGHT YEAR OLDS! Now you get on that bike, soldier, and you RIIIIDE!!!))
[/drillsergeant]
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: October 28, 2016, 10:27:51 am »

((But sir, if I enlarge the bike, I can "augment" it!))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: October 28, 2016, 10:37:26 am »

[drillsergeant]

((Augment? Let me tell you something about augments, soldier. If I don't see your sorry ass out on the field, ON THAT BIKE, in 60 seconds, I'll be augmenting your ass with my boot!))

[/drillsergeant]

((Ok, I'm done.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: October 28, 2016, 12:27:52 pm »

"Still doing nothing? I had hoped you would be a little more lively by now. Goodbye, Blake."

Set my cube swarm to a painfully close orbit around Blake.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 197 Fresh Spring air
« Reply #6460 on: October 28, 2016, 01:34:18 pm »

Skeliborn was writhing on the ground and trying to chase away the invisible spiders that afflicted him.
((You know, I think I'll just cast a spell by playing along with the madness.))
Argh Spiders. I Am So Sick Of Spiders Right Now. I Have Better Things To Than Deal With You. Go Away. What You till Won't Leave. In That Case I Will Make You Leave. I Summon Sword Of Purification.
Summon the Sword of Purification using 5, +1/+1 essences. The idea is that in addition to purifying the spiders I will purify my character thus removing the pollen
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: October 28, 2016, 07:30:29 pm »

Yes, I know that the pollen isn't near me yet. My heat wave spreads to adjacent tiles, so I should be able to eventually affect the tower's tile.

Does the dome limit the range of my heat wave?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: October 28, 2016, 09:41:30 pm »

"All right, let's try something else.."
Expend my essence(s) on making a field that destabilizes the position of incoming projectiles.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:33:23 am by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: October 29, 2016, 10:11:18 am »

((My action backfired in a really amusing way. What Ao said, taken literally. I'll be moving to PMs for a time.

I also want to wish best luck to Shias. Kill as much as you can to see if you beat my record :P))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: October 29, 2016, 12:08:16 pm »

Have my crystal bird(been forgetting about it for a while) attack Easter, if it has any sort of magical abilities, use them on Easter if offensive, and on me or itself is defensive
Then grab him again
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 506