Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246186 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 161 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5310 on: May 23, 2016, 02:08:13 pm »

If I had not comunicated it well enough, the Beholder is charging up it's main eye. You can tell that it has power due to it being really big and taking a turn to charge.
((Probably nothing to worry about. Unless the main eye is like a mini-deathstar. In that case, panic and hide behind whoever's closest))

((Judging by the Beholder's boss status... well, I'd say it's not dangerous like making ten essences wasn't dangerous.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: May 23, 2016, 03:15:13 pm »

If I had not comunicated it well enough, the Beholder is charging up it's main eye. You can tell that it has power due to it being really big and taking a turn to charge.
((Probably nothing to worry about. Unless the main eye is like a mini-deathstar. In that case, panic and hide behind whoever's closest))

Your hope of surviving with such a flimsy shield is adorable.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 161 Time to get out of here... Oh wait.
« Reply #5312 on: May 23, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »

Take a look around, form 3 more essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 23, 2016, 06:32:50 pm »

((Oh dear.))
Set the chance of the bigholder's eyemajjiks failing to as close to 1.0 as possible.
Also, dodge the attack, if possible, and take cover behind the wall.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:16:22 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: May 23, 2016, 07:19:48 pm »

Act One. Scene Five. Mista J. suddenly reverts from his manic state...

"ohhhh.... ow... I don't feel so good... my muse... it's gone. It's gone. Once again, it's gone..."

Mista J...shuffled off... through the castle once again. Maybe something he found could restore his muse. Zilch(no) essences.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: May 23, 2016, 07:34:55 pm »

((Oh dear.))
((I mean, I do have a sword which can't be broken by any physical means and is probably unbreakable by magic as well.))
((Judging by the Beholder's boss status... well, I'd say it's not dangerous like making ten essences wasn't dangerous.))
((Wisperlings a knowledge mage. If he says the beholder isn't dangerous like making ten essences then he's probably right. In any case I'm just enjoying the boss battle))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:38:24 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: May 23, 2016, 08:00:39 pm »

((That was a sarcastic way of saying that it's probably about as dangerous as the 10-essence stunt, not that it was less so. Sorry if it didn't come out right.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: May 23, 2016, 08:38:44 pm »

"Your fancy toys will not save you from my wrath."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:42:17 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 24, 2016, 12:00:23 am »

((That was a sarcastic way of saying that it's probably about as dangerous as the 10-essence stunt, not that it was less so. Sorry if it didn't come out right.))
((it came out right. It was as clever as it was confusing. That is to say, quite clever!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 24, 2016, 02:53:33 am »

Bad News My Great Players: I am having exams again. Which means, that updates will slow down for the time. Next turn should come out sometime this weekend.
((MORE TIME FOR MORE THINKING! At this case, i'll put extra essences into it...))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: May 24, 2016, 05:14:48 am »

((Actually I interpreted it in the other extreme. (Aka the boss beholder much more dangerous than 10 essence stunt) But now that I know that it's only as dangerous as a 10-essence stuff...[insert funny statement here]))

Epic Boss Beholder Music
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:12:16 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: May 24, 2016, 08:33:39 am »

Arriving at the scene, Jiksap was glad he didn't happen to be within that napalm field, although more for aiming reasons, since being covered in metal has the added benefit of being fireproof. Meanwhile, the Bigholder's center eye begins to glow... Oh crap. Nonononono. Magitech energy cannons make similar effects when charging. If something doesn't happen soon, they're doomed.

Enchant my crossbow with Applies Neurotoxin (shot bolts automatically apply neurotoxin on contact). Use two +1/+1 essences. Snipe that eye with a crossbow bolt!
((By the way, my char sheet no longer says "chaotic taser bolts". The bolt should have a random effect that comes with it.

Actually, my sheet doesn't mention my bolts at all. They were 20 chaotic taser bolts.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:13:01 am by thegamemaster1234 »

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: May 24, 2016, 09:27:35 am »

...but since each turn is about a minute of time...
Wait, so does that mean we've succeeded in terraforming, treasure hunting, boss fighting, mech summoning, and destroying the world all in a measly two hours and forty minutes? Yikes!

Assuming we began at 8:00 AM, we'll be on our fourth world by nightfall. We'll also be fighting Cthulu himself with a magic-proof giant robot army.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: May 24, 2016, 11:48:18 am »

Long time no see Professor Jiksap. Don't suppose you could mount this dakka-cannon on a plane or something. Sort of impossible to aim this right now and we may need to adjust where its pointed at eventually.

Speaking of which...

READY. AIM. FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeliborn

Action:

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/hold the trigger in the on position
((Dakka-cannon round 2 begin))

(( did you forget about the fact that the trigger is made of a serrated claymore , how will you hold that down without something covering your hand))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: May 24, 2016, 12:04:42 pm »

Long time no see Professor Jiksap. Don't suppose you could mount this dakka-cannon on a plane or something. Sort of impossible to aim this right now and we may need to adjust where its pointed at eventually.

Speaking of which...

READY. AIM. FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeliborn

Action:

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/hold the trigger in the on position
((Dakka-cannon round 2 begin))

(( did you forget about the fact that the trigger is made of a serrated claymore , how will you hold that down without something covering your hand))
How about using his sword? Skeliborn could place the hilt on the trigger and pull both sides.

Or he could get a summoned glass gauntlet from Gambler, but that would probably take too much time.

((If Bigholder succeeds in firing:
Bigholder used Hyper Beam!
It was super effective!
TOAM mostly disintegrated!))
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 506