Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1245938 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 159 One down, five to go
« Reply #5220 on: May 16, 2016, 05:54:22 pm »

The Bigholder suddenly perks up, with a slight gleam behind its eyes.

"Die."

Pm'd action.

I'm back, baby.

((Yes, DG gave me permission to do this. By the way, what did I miss while I was gone?))
((You didn't miss much.))

((If your new character is literally the Bigholder(1000 eyes), I am going to shank it. Then I'm going to shank it again and again and again and again ...))

Action Changed
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: May 16, 2016, 06:08:42 pm »

"Die."

Pm'd action.

I'm back, baby.

((Yes, DG gave me permission to do this. By the way, what did I miss while I was gone?))

((If your new character is literally the Bigholder(1000 eyes), I am going to shank it. Then I'm going to shank it again and again and again and again ...))

Action Changed
You're lucky that I'm just the Bigholder. I submitted a character and set him on essence-creating autopilot before I left. Sadly, he wasn't actually created (apparently). If he was... the Bigholder would be the least of your problems.

I had a spell idea prepared for each of you. Jase would be my best friend and hate all of your guts, Skelliborn would be forevermore unable to competently wield a sword, James would be writhing on the floor in agony as his body rotted apart, Crimson would explode, David would rise from the dead and serve me as a zombie, Shias would be marked for death by all of nature and/or mauled by a space-bear, King Coal would come back (still in dragon form)... Ah, what could have been (that didn't even include the numerous buffs I would have had!).

I'll give an Internet cookie to anyone (who isn't/wasn't a member of F.E.C.E.S.) who can guess what my affinity would have been.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:10:25 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: May 16, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »

{Cut down the gloating, I do not allow auto creating essences because of this specific reason.

Also, to clarify, ATHATH gets to pick the eye and the target, but I promise to keep him from taking it out on just one mage.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: May 16, 2016, 06:29:41 pm »

Finish the ritual. Summon the tree.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: May 16, 2016, 08:08:53 pm »

"Die."

Pm'd action.

I'm back, baby.

Action Changed
You're lucky that I'm just the Bigholder. I submitted a character and set him on essence-creating autopilot before I left. Sadly, he wasn't actually created (apparently). If he was... the Bigholder would be the least of your problems.

I had a spell idea prepared for each of you. Jase would be my best friend and hate all of your guts, Skelliborn would be forevermore unable to competently wield a sword, James would be writhing on the floor in agony as his body rotted apart, Crimson would explode, David would rise from the dead and serve me as a zombie, Shias would be marked for death by all of nature and/or mauled by a space-bear, King Coal would come back (still in dragon form)... Ah, what could have been (that didn't even include the numerous buffs I would have had!).

I'll give an Internet cookie to anyone (who isn't/wasn't a member of F.E.C.E.S.) who can guess what my affinity would have been.
((What? No spell for me? I'm hurt. Hurt, I say!))
((Was the affinity Irony?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: May 16, 2016, 08:09:39 pm »

"Die."

Pm'd action.

I'm back, baby.

Action Changed

((Tiss Tiss Athath's not actually created character. Skelliborn may not be able to weild a sword but that's not my character's name (Skeliborn). If you're going to go for trash talking, get your facts straight.))
((For that matter,  if your going to go Inversion mage, you should have started before there was a luck mage who can counter you))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: May 16, 2016, 09:10:11 pm »

((Yeah, that Inversion affinity was posted publicly I think. And ATHATH, you could still have a character that could actually be Jase's friend.  Hell, he didn't even have an issue with the first Marcus other than not wanting to involve more mages than he needed to in his plan for the dragon that James then proceeded to kill. And of course I feel it is incredibly clear where the second Marcus went wrong. Like, blatantly obvious. There is an organic way to join a group and make friends that involes finding out how you can contribute to benefit the group. Walking into the tower and declaring that all mages inside should subjugate themselves to you and your god, and then proceeding to threaten one of the mages, is not that way. And trying to harm the Tower, which is the closest thing Jase has to a child, does give Jase a reason to hunt down and kill any followers of the Manipulator he encounters.  Which I guess would bar all your future characters from being friends with Jase so long as they continue to follow it. But you could still have a character that could be friends with Jase. It's just something you probably wouldn't choose to do because that would mean forgoing the benefits of the god you made up, and that might not be a character you would wish to play. But it's possible.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: May 16, 2016, 11:05:09 pm »

"Die."

Pm'd action.

I'm back, baby.

Action Changed

((Tiss Tiss Athath's not actually created character. Skelliborn may not be able to weild a sword but that's not my character's name (Skeliborn). If you're going to go for trash talking, get your facts straight.))
((For that matter,  if your going to go Inversion mage, you should have started before there was a luck mage who can counter you))
Ding ding ding! One Internet cookie for you, sir:

((Yeah, that Inversion affinity was posted publicly I think. And ATHATH, you could still have a character that could actually be Jase's friend.  Hell, he didn't even have an issue with the first Marcus other than not wanting to involve more mages than he needed to in his plan for the dragon that James then proceeded to kill. And of course I feel it is incredibly clear where the second Marcus went wrong. Like, blatantly obvious. There is an organic way to join a group and make friends that involes finding out how you can contribute to benefit the group. Walking into the tower and declaring that all mages inside should subjugate themselves to you and your god, and then proceeding to threaten one of the mages, is not that way. And trying to harm the Tower, which is the closest thing Jase has to a child, does give Jase a reason to hunt down and kill any followers of the Manipulator he encounters.  Which I guess would bar all your future characters from being friends with Jase so long as they continue to follow it. But you could still have a character that could be friends with Jase. It's just something you probably wouldn't choose to do because that would mean forgoing the benefits of the god you made up, and that might not be a character you would wish to play. But it's possible.))
Ah, but intimidation and plotting is so much more fun. And I did try making friends the "normal" way- I am/was a member of F.E.C.E.S.. While I do admit that it's quite nice to be able to have friends that can help execute your plans (and listen to you while you gloat about your plots to them), when you have to large of an alliance, there's no one to fight. When was the last time you tried to kill a mage for their shards, Beirus? When was the last time you even got close to winning the game?

I guess what truly causes me to target you and the rest of the "Triad" (it's really more of a group of five major mages, now) is envy. You have all of this power- enough to wipe out every other mage on the map (which would give you the 100 shards you need to ascend to godhood)- and you twiddle your thumbs instead of using it. I know that if I had that power, I could use it much more efficiently, and it bothers me to no end that you just... don't.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: May 16, 2016, 11:06:08 pm »

I can't seem to work out how to add the cookie to my post.

This is a bit embarrassing.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: May 16, 2016, 11:06:19 pm »

Feed all the chaotic +1/+1 essences to the tome. +3 essences, as usual, unless something goes horribly wrong.

time for curses
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:02:05 pm by Elephant Parade »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: May 17, 2016, 05:25:27 am »

I can't seem to work out how to add the cookie to my post.

This is a bit embarrassing.
You could search imgur.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: May 17, 2016, 06:32:52 am »

I guess what truly causes me to target you and the rest of the "Triad" (it's really more of a group of five major mages, now) is envy. You have all of this power- enough to wipe out every other mage on the map (which would give you the 100 shards you need to ascend to godhood)- and you twiddle your thumbs instead of using it. I know that if I had that power, I could use it much more efficiently, and it bothers me to no end that you just... don't.

((Who are the other two, if you don't mind my asking?

n response:

I'm just going to say that I, personally, enjoy the game in a different capacity than you do. To you, the end goal is winning and/or amassing a bunch of power. To me, it's amassing power, but also running around and having fun with it. Less an emphasis on winning at all costs, more one of having fun with what's already there.

I am pretty risk-averse, which is one reason I mostly do PvE or slow-buildup power. I also prefer not to make enemies and to generally be nice, which leads to the pacifism you seem to hate.

In short: It's not a lack of efficiency, it's just a different desire within the game. Beirus is the same way, as far as I know, and probably Nav and Crimson as well. In any case, if they wanted to win the game in the first place, I think they'd already have done it. They've had plenty of time, after all.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: May 17, 2016, 07:25:51 am »

Just make sure this doesn't turn into some kind of argument over how one should play the game. I'm more into the screwing around aspect myself, but if someone wants to legitimately enter to kill people and win, there's nothing wrong about that.

I believe the goal of the team players may be opposite of the generally accepted solution: instead of killing others for shards, go kill powerful monsters which is much more glorious than picking on weaker mages. It's slower, but can be much more exciting.

(@Whisperling: I believe the other two mages are Gambler and Skeliborn, as they have joined the power team.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:49:06 am by thegamemaster1234 »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: May 17, 2016, 09:18:21 am »

((Dayum! I'm-a go get some water, 'cause this plot just got THICK!))

((As for alliances, the only alliance I'm really looking forward to is between me and thegamemaster123. Simply for the awesome mechanical possibilities and/or clockwork power armor with sword grappling hooks. From there, maybe I'll be a peaceable magician, maybe I'll be a shard-hunting warlock. I'll be playing it by ear.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: May 17, 2016, 10:52:36 am »

Well, it's not necessarily winning that I enjoy, but making and executing the mad plots that (could) bring me to victory.

I prefer fighting against other players over monsters partially because players tend to be more intelligent and fortified than monsters. I enjoy trying to get around those fortifications.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 506