Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246049 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 156 Invisible Angel of Death
« Reply #5115 on: April 25, 2016, 06:14:43 pm »

((Heh, I was wondering how Viznor ended up with the Tie of 117.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: April 25, 2016, 06:39:14 pm »

((The plot thickens!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: April 25, 2016, 07:16:43 pm »

((Heh, I was wondering how Viznor ended up with the Tie of 117.))
((Magic))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: April 25, 2016, 07:47:44 pm »

((Are fonts of magic something the average mage should know about? I have no idea what you two are referring to.))

They are places of natural magic, where magic of some single afinity flows into the world. It creates zones of said afinity, can be conquered and used for casting superspells. The superspells are thought up on afinity by afinity basis, but one that anyone can cast is Dominion, which uses up one of your afinities to change the font to that afinity and grant you control over that font. This grants you a teritory where you can use said afinity freely with great bonuses, but you lose the afinity when outside. Another thing that anyone can do is to swap their afinity with that of the font.

The reason why this is not in OP is because only a single mage ever managed to take one, and was then bribed to leave it alone.
((Suddenly the soul shard affinity becomes more and more of a good idea. After all:

to make a shard you get a debuff of -10.
With a Dominion you would be able to freely use the affinity freely with great bonuses. In combination with being able to put +5/+5 in essences and multiple turn rituals, Dominion is still OP.

Not to mention, you will quickly be able to upgrade the shard affinity you have and get shards exponentially.

This may be the type of BIG exploit you may want to fix dg))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:49:45 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: April 25, 2016, 08:32:14 pm »

((DG already said way back that anyone trying to do that with a Shard affinity would be hunted and ripped asunder by the personified forces of reality or something.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 155 Totaly on time
« Reply #5120 on: April 26, 2016, 02:46:07 am »

"I'll try to help, and i will test what happens too"
Drain electricity from a beholder, any of them that attacks Skelliborn (or any beholder that attacks Gambler, if no beholder attacks Skelliborn), or choose at a random beholder if no beholder attacks. Then move the electricity to another beholder following the conditions above.
1 +1/+1 essence, 1 +1/+2 essence.

((Aah vacation))
Is the stiletto lodged in Skelliborn?
If so:
    Extract it with a minimum of internal-injury-making. Apologize profusely. GOTO Else.
Else:
    Attempt to stand up, and attack again. Far more cautiously this time.
    If the beholder is distracted and is not going to attack me or Skelliborn, try to help Skelliborn.

((Truly coded version here.))
Argh. It appears that I have been wounded. But that does give me some inspiration.

Gambler, would it be ok if I moved the eternity to another dimension until we're safe?

Skeliborn

Action:
Assuming Gambler doesn't speak up, place the antigravity eldritch throwing knives in a pentagram shape surrounding the eternity. Once the pile of eternity is through, remove the throwing knives. (If the portal forms, gravity should cause the eternity to fall into the other world, which since it has no atmosphere at the moment, shouldn't be an easily livable place for life.)

If Gambler speaks up, throw the flaming toothpick sword into the Beholder's eye instead.

{Sorry about that. Yesterday was rather bussy.}
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beholder, seeing itself injured, surrounded and outnumbered, roared and rose about three meters in the air. There, its secondary eyes began glowing white and beams of light ravaged the land below. Eterna managed to escape unscathed, but was forced to vacate the throne as one of the beams washed over it. Gambler fared only slightly worse, edges of his robe were singed but he was otherwise fine. Skeliborn, lying prone on the ground, didn’t have enough time to move after Gambler rolled off him. Several beams cut into him, leaving charred flesh and smell of steak. As Skeliborn was lying on the ground unmoving in hopes that the pain will stay merely excruciating if he did, Eterna moved in to take revenge for being dethroned. Sparks of lightning gathered around the beholder, before discharging, dragging out what passed for instructions to its organs, leaving beholder floating innert in the air. The electricity had to go somwhere though, and despite Eterna's best attempts at routing it to ground {that was the last beholder}, electricity coursed down through him, leaving Eterna twitching on the ground and doubling up on the smell of burning meat. Gambler was left alone, and his attack was brutal but uncomplicated, burrying his stilleto holding arm to the elbow in beholders central eye and twisting his arm around until the creature fell to the ground lifeless. Pool of unindentifiable goop next to them began bubling in foreboding way again.

{Skeliborn, heavily burned, END roll for any roll requiring action besides casting. (You can still travel without rolls 1 hex at a time.)}
{Dest Eterna, Paralyzed, 2 turns}
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:12:14 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: April 26, 2016, 03:10:04 am »

((Sorry, but i edited the turn:
"I'll try to help, and i will test what happens too"
Drain electricity from a beholder, any of them that attacks Skelliborn (or any beholder that attacks Gambler, if no beholder attacks Skelliborn), or choose at a random beholder if no beholder attacks. Then move the electricity to another beholder following the conditions above.
1 +1/+1 essence, 1 +1/+2 essence.

))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: April 26, 2016, 05:20:23 am »

((ElephantParade didn't steal my luck. This is Karma coming back to haunt me for surviving making 10 essences at a time.))

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: April 26, 2016, 11:08:09 am »

"Hmm. It seems that Jiksap is attempting to do something. Perhaps I will join him."

Use three essences to summon three piles of bones: one from Triassic period, one from Jurassic, and one from Cretaceous.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: April 26, 2016, 12:27:13 pm »

Snip
Snap
Snop
"That got deep pretty fast. Maybe we'll find the answers one day, and maybe this tournament will end. I'm gonna get Grundar now and try to summon my tree over, if it's even still alive. It's gonna be angry that I left it alone this long.

Farewell for now. And if you ever want muscles like mine let me know, not that you seem to need to use your body much."

Find Grundar and return to the druid's forest. We've got some work to do.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: April 26, 2016, 03:19:49 pm »

Form 2 essences, try to move right.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: April 26, 2016, 03:28:29 pm »

i pray to my goddess for help as i use an essence to make the eyes of the beholders absent
(Sorry for being a peace of crap mage and not checking bay12)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: April 26, 2016, 03:38:21 pm »

Snip
Snap
Snop
Snippity
"Gaze into the aether for too long and you get philosophical, I suppose. Take care, James. Hopefully I'll see you when I return, and we can have a drink and talk about lighter subjects. Try not to let the Tower get destroyed while I'm gone."

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: April 26, 2016, 03:43:45 pm »

-snip-
Well, that explains it! Thank you DG.

((That turned out to be a good thing, what with the uberdragon and all.

And, well... it was a very tempting bribe.))
Have you reconsidered on getting an extra set of organs?
((And that's another long-standing mystery explained! Now, I wonder, how did Jase and Wayfarer ever gain knowledge of such places? Was it, perhaps, by the insight of Viznor?))
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: April 26, 2016, 04:15:09 pm »

(( Now, I wonder, how did Jase and Wayfarer ever gain knowledge of such places? Was it, perhaps, by the insight of Viznor?))
Right. Damnit. That was the other reason why it is not in OP, I would had told evryone but Viznor used magic and I didin't want him to be the only one who put in effort. Well, you still don't know how to use the fonts, or what can be found around them so all should be well.

H4zardZ1, your eddited action was retconed into the turn. Congrats on the victory. Boss comes out next turn.

Judging by the vote, Blood Power is now a thing from next turn onwards. It should be terribly useless except when you are in a bind, because a healing spell used could had as well been an essence.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:16:50 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 506