Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246029 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 156 Invisible Angel of Death
« Reply #5100 on: April 24, 2016, 06:29:21 pm »

((Now then. If you don't mind, DreamerGhost, I'll do a Completely PM'd Character.))
((Ooh boy, I can't wait. This can't be good, but this can only be good.))

Well, that worked out! This is going to be a fantastic weapon, I can feel it. Now, back to business. Chorkinaan attempts once again to create a shield. same properties as before, using two +1/+1 essences. He then alters the properties of the grip of the physicality knuckles, giving it unnatural toughness just like the rest of the weapon, using no essences.

((I just love how before this turn, it was just called "wrong shield" in my inventory.))
((Also, I feel I must commend you, Beirus. That was a devilishly ingenious plan, masterfully executed. Well done.))[/b]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:11:18 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: April 24, 2016, 07:14:29 pm »

Make another one of those rings, using my two weakest chaotic essences. +2 essences.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 154 Magical styleoff/snoboff
« Reply #5102 on: April 24, 2016, 09:00:08 pm »

"I still live, so I suppose I'm well enough. Since you seem to be missing the two mages you went to join, I assume the appearance of the beast interfered with your expedition. At least you were close enough to the portal to get through it. Odd, isn't it, that they just brought us to another battlefield. I wonder how many other battlefields there are, or if we'll have need of them. But pardon my blathering. My work has been time consuming, and left little time for conversation. I guess the desire to talk just builds up. What was it you wanted to talk about?"

I sent a thing.
((I'm really sorry for taking so long to reply. I was pretty busy.))

"It sure is strange. This whole tournament is strange business. I wonder who or what could have the power to run it? Anyway I wanted to ask you if you know the fate of the old Duck Island, my companions dragged my through before I could see what happened but I should probably thank them for that. I think I managed to wake the duck so there might be some hope.

Anyway from now on I mostly plan on setting up somewhere out of the way and helping more people and hurting less. It sounds like you're working on something big, want any help or is it top secret? By the way do you know how Crimson's doing?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: April 24, 2016, 09:56:14 pm »

Fly off towards the hills in the bottom left with my birds, make 2 essences along the way
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: April 24, 2016, 11:50:29 pm »

"Greetings brother. War, unfortunately, war of wizards. It has arrived to this land. And as part of the war, I stumbled upon imps tending plants not far from here and with a careless spell set off plats observing usage of magic. They claim they have made a deal, which I find unusual. There wasn't any imps in the area I was tending before this war, and certainly not gardening demons of any kind."

Inform the local manager about the unintentional even with gardening imps. Inquire what other deals are in place. Inquire about what's going on in the forest, about lay of the land, so to speak.
Make two essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: April 25, 2016, 02:29:26 am »

((Aah vacation))
Is the stiletto lodged in Skelliborn?
If so:
    Extract it with a minimum of internal-injury-making. Apologize profusely. GOTO Else.
Else:
    Attempt to stand up, and attack again. Far more cautiously this time.
    If the beholder is distracted and is not going to attack me or Skelliborn, try to help Skelliborn.

((Truly coded version here.))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:12:50 am by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: April 25, 2016, 03:00:08 am »

((Edited turn, sorry.))
((Aah vacation))
Is Stiletto lodged=True?
If So:
    Remove stilleto with minimum of internal-injury-making possible. GOTO Else.
    Then:
           Apologize profusely.
Else:
    Stand up
    Then:
           Attack Far more cautiously this time.
           Is Beholder distracted=True?
           If so:
                  Try to help Skelliborn.

Better pseudocode?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 154 Magical styleoff/snoboff
« Reply #5107 on: April 25, 2016, 04:10:00 am »

"I still live, so I suppose I'm well enough. Since you seem to be missing the two mages you went to join, I assume the appearance of the beast interfered with your expedition. At least you were close enough to the portal to get through it. Odd, isn't it, that they just brought us to another battlefield. I wonder how many other battlefields there are, or if we'll have need of them. But pardon my blathering. My work has been time consuming, and left little time for conversation. I guess the desire to talk just builds up. What was it you wanted to talk about?"

I sent a thing.
((I'm really sorry for taking so long to reply. I was pretty busy.))

"It sure is strange. This whole tournament is strange business. I wonder who or what could have the power to run it? Anyway I wanted to ask you if you know the fate of the old Duck Island, my companions dragged my through before I could see what happened but I should probably thank them for that. I think I managed to wake the duck so there might be some hope.

Anyway from now on I mostly plan on setting up somewhere out of the way and helping more people and hurting less. It sounds like you're working on something big, want any help or is it top secret? By the way do you know how Crimson's doing?"

((It's all good. Hope nobody else will mind if we act like this conversation took place before Jase left to go get his stab on.))
((FoU, Jase did it for your equipment. Gonna try something that required an item from another mage, and you happened to be fighting Viznor, who Jase considers an ally. The font would just be a bonus, which I also have plans for.))
((Thanks, ironsnake.))

"I do not know what fate befell the Duck, but I plan on returning to find out."

Jase raises his hand to display his ring to James. "I was working on this. A prototype, but if it works, I can produce more. I believe they would be a great boon to those who would seek to protect this Tower from those who threaten it. And you are always welcome here, James. But I have not heard from Crimson since he departed before the dragon showed up. The big dragon, not the ice one."

"I have also wondered who or what would have created these battlefields. At the very least, I wonder what sort of insane being or beings would throw peaceful sorts like yourself, or explorers and experimenters like myself and Crimson, in with murderers and psychopaths. Though perhaps we are the insane ones, seeking a quick path to godhood and believing we could get there without a large amount of violence and bloodshed. I sometimes wonder if it would just be easier to go back through the portal and study the path to godhood with my remaining years. I might even obtain it if I were lucky enough. But then I think of all the things I would never see, the experiences I would never have. This place is dangerous, but exploring it is exhilarating. I wonder if perhaps the being or thing that made this place meant it as a way to dispose of dangerous mages with dreams of godhood. Or a test to make sure that only those worthy, or sufficiently bloodthirsty or psychotic, would obtain the mantle of deity. But the sort of deities that would produce are not the kind I would wish upon any existence."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: April 25, 2016, 05:11:28 am »

stilleto   = Weapon("stiletto","glass",["Antimagic","Half-Ethereal"]) #"Type", "Materials", ["MagicProperties"]
gambler    = Character("XXXXYYYY", ["Luck"], [1,3,0,1,3]) #"Player", ["Affinities"], [Stats]
skelliborn = Character("star2wars3", ["Blades"], [3,1,1,1,1]) #"Player", ["Affinities"], [Stats]
beholder4  = Creature()#Omitted, we've seen this song and dance before

if stiletto.isLodgedIn(skelliborn):
    stiletto.removeWithCare()
    for i in range(3):
        gambler.apologize(skelliborn)
gambler.standUp()
if not stiletto.isLodged(): #If Skelliborn is freshly unstabbed, or it was not lodged in the first place
    gambler.attack(beholder4)
if beholder4.isDistracted() and not (beholder4.getTarget() == gambler or beholder4.getTarget() == skelliborn):
    gambler.help(skelliborn)

Better pseudocode?
Now actual (Python) code :P
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: April 25, 2016, 04:27:50 pm »

((I was not expecting Jase's sudden contribution to Wayfarer's demise. This last assassination was even more cinematic than usual!))

the ice font
fonts of magic
The font would just be a bonus, which I also have plans for.
((Are fonts of magic something the average mage should know about? I have no idea what you two are referring to.))
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: April 25, 2016, 04:33:29 pm »

((Are fonts of magic something the average mage should know about? I have no idea what you two are referring to.))

They are places of natural magic, where magic of some single afinity flows into the world. It creates zones of said afinity, can be conquered and used for casting superspells. The superspells are thought up on afinity by afinity basis, but one that anyone can cast is Dominion, which uses up one of your afinities to change the font to that afinity and grant you control over that font. This grants you a teritory where you can use said afinity freely with great bonuses, but you lose the afinity when outside. Another thing that anyone can do is to swap their afinity with that of the font.

The reason why this is not in OP is because only a single mage ever managed to take one, and was then bribed to leave it alone.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: April 25, 2016, 05:05:38 pm »

((That turned out to be a good thing, what with the uberdragon and all.

And, well... it was a very tempting bribe.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: April 25, 2016, 05:10:45 pm »

((That turned out to be a good thing, what with the uberdragon and all.

And, well... it was a very tempting bribe.))
Have you reconsidered on getting an extra set of organs?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: April 25, 2016, 05:44:11 pm »

Have you reconsidered on getting an extra set of organs?

"Possibly. I am, however, still uncertain as to why you are so eager to perform such a modification."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 155 Totaly on time
« Reply #5114 on: April 25, 2016, 05:50:40 pm »

((Action Compilation At Beholders))
"I'll try to help, and i will test what happens too"
Shock the beholders.
((Aah vacation))
Is the stiletto lodged in Skelliborn?
If so:
    Extract it with a minimum of internal-injury-making. Apologize profusely. GOTO Else.
Else:
    Attempt to stand up, and attack again. Far more cautiously this time.
    If the beholder is distracted and is not going to attack me or Skelliborn, try to help Skelliborn.

((Truly coded version here.))
Argh. It appears that I have been wounded. But that does give me some inspiration.

Gambler, would it be ok if I moved the eternity to another dimension until we're safe?

Skeliborn

Action:
Assuming Gambler doesn't speak up, place the antigravity eldritch throwing knives in a pentagram shape surrounding the eternity. Once the pile of eternity is through, remove the throwing knives. (If the portal forms, gravity should cause the eternity to fall into the other world, which since it has no atmosphere at the moment, shouldn't be an easily livable place for life.)

If Gambler speaks up, throw the flaming toothpick sword into the Beholder's eye instead.

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 506