Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1253176 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 77 Cold war
« Reply #1440 on: April 23, 2015, 08:08:04 pm »

PREPARE TO USE LIGHTNING ON DRAGON
Wow, I think this turn might be a triple kill!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 23, 2015, 10:10:06 pm »

"Crimson, might I suggest not overextending your focus? If you lose focus while making one of those essences, you might make another explosion. You may be metal, but I and Kahel are still fleshy. If you two will follow me, I'm going to head to that small forest. I think I know of someone else who might be able to help us."

((I'm headed to James' hex. You guys should hopefully come with.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 24, 2015, 07:55:27 am »

"Crimson, might I suggest not overextending your focus? If you lose focus while making one of those essences, you might make another explosion. You may be metal, but I and Kahel are still fleshy. If you two will follow me, I'm going to head to that small forest. I think I know of someone else who might be able to help us."
"Alright, I'll follow."

Follow Jase. Two essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 24, 2015, 09:16:17 am »

"NAV, I have an idea. It's a crazy idea, but if it works I might be able to get you back the mech and destroy the dragon. I need you to summon an omnisound device (allows any sound to be played from it, allowing a musician to play an entire song with one instrument) that is enchanted to causes songs played on it to affect the world based on what they are about (ie. playing "Let It Go" would disarm someone)."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 24, 2015, 12:46:41 pm »

"I'm sorry, what was your name again? And who's Nav?
You're going to have to explain your plan a lot better than that. Because it sounds like you want me to summon a powerful magical artifact for a mage I don't even know, with just the vague promise that it will all work out. How do you expect this "omnisound device" to kill the dragon or get my mech back?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 24, 2015, 07:55:53 pm »

((I'm headed to James' hex. You guys should hopefully come with.))
"Okay. Guess I'll decrease the number by one.

Follow Jase and create four essences instead.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 26, 2015, 04:18:24 pm »

Turn 78

"HAY DRAGON! Did you not hear me!? I even planed to give you him after I smashed his head!"

If I have any wounds, bandage them with a piece of cloth from what I am wearing.

If not create 3 metal essences

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [4]
POT [3]
CMP [4+1-2=3]
POT [2+1-2=1]

Dragons care little for others, a fact that Flare experienced firsthand as after that swipe that sent him flying dragon completely ignored his presence. But Flare did not want to go back in just now; after all, with his weapon broken he had lesser chance to kill No before dragon attacks again. This flight left feromancer with no more than bruises, and he did not want to test his own aerodynamics again.

"I'm fighting a losing battle. Hey dragon, are you certain you want to kill me? My abilities might be useful to you, I could aid you until I am the only one left."

If the dragon speaks to me and allows me to become his chief minion, high priest, second in command mook, whatnot, then sit down and make 3 Evil Eye essences.
If anything else... use 1 shard for Potency and 2 for Competency and cast a curse on the dragon that causes him to take any damage I would take. ((It's worth a shot.))

PREPARE TO USE LIGHTNING ON DRAGON

LUCK [10]
CMP [6+1=7]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [2]
POT [6]
CMP [1+1-2=0]
LUCK [8]

CMP [2]
POT [3+2=5]

Dragon leaned in carefully towards pleading mage. It carefully positioned its head right next to No and did something seemingly impossible. It whispered something to No, who was almost too surprised by being larger than a house whispering to listen, yet anyone else would had had hard time discerning that anything was even said, let alone what exactly. As dragon proudly raised its head towards the sky once more, something seemingly exploded just to the right. Dragon turned its head to see Romanticarnus, seemingly leaking lightning from his hands into the ground. Dragon moved its head towards No again. "Is this some sort of local greeting or welcoming ritual? Because I honestly can't tell." No did not answer immediately, partially because he too was surprised by Sorceror appearing out of nowhere and partially because he was too busy experiencing sight of magical auras from failed essense.
{No, Can see magic 3,turns}

At this rate, everyone's going to be the dragon's minion and nobody who is hostile to the dragon will be left on the map.

Also, either that dragon is an albino, or this world does not correlate scale color to breath type.

Sit against a tree near NAV. Make two more control essences.

"So, you're the mage in the forest the oracle was talking about?"

James sits next to Marcus.
"Yep, I'm the mage in the forest. Helped grow it, some even say I can speak to the trees. Don't know about any oracles though. The name's James, healer and summoner."
James shakes Marcus' hand.
"You need anything?"

3 more summoning essences.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [4+2=6]
CMP [2]
POT [5+2-1=6]

CMP [1+1+1=3]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [3+1+1-1=4]
POT [1+1+1-1=2]
CMP [6]
POT [4]

James and Marcus watched as the strange sorceror wandered off towards the dragon, before deciding that it was not for them to judge his actions and returning to discussing strange weapons and tools.

Debuff=0
While True:
        if in_danger or character_interaction:
                react_accordingly()
        else:
                If Debuff<7:
                         Make_one_essence()
                         Debuff=Debuff+1
                else:
                         Make_two_essences()

Gambler began the ritual of purging, one specifically attuned to such occasions. He had learned it well over the years, he had to. Toying with luck was far more art than science, it was only a matter of time before the tide turned and winds changed. Speaking in a specific code was the hardest part to learn, it allowed one to cast even while suffering such a disadvantage, yet it was not foolproof either. Gambler sighed, as essense evaporated into nothingness.

Maybe get a bit of distance from Crimson. Or more than a bit. Actually, I'm headed to the hex James is on. Make two essences on the way.
"Alright, I'll follow."

Follow Jase. Two essences.
"Okay. Guess I'll decrease the number by one.

Follow Jase and create four essences instead.

SPD [(3+1)/2+1=3]
CMP [1+1=2]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [2]
POT [5]

SPD [(1->2+1)/2+1=2.5]
CMP [1->1+1=2]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [1->5]
POT [4]

SPD [(5-1-1=3)/2+1=2.5]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [5]
POT [2]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [4+1-2=3]
CMP [1+1-3=-2]
LUCK [10] {Power}
LUCK [10] {Chaos}

Jase went on first, as three agreed on not going all at once to minimize the chance of dragon noticing them sneaking behind it. The beast had its head near No, possibly pondering which hand to eat first, allowing Jase to sneak by undetected. Kahel was next, and he managed to go almost the whole way before dragon turned, distracted by Romanticarnus escapades. Thermomancer was forced to dive to the ground and hide to avoid detection.

Crimson was last, his metallic body and remnants of frost slowing him down, yet not impeding his mind, something he was making full use of, focusing and storing his power. He chose to get as close as he could without dragon noticing, to be able to beat the distance in short sprint over next distraction, yet it was not to be. Just as he began looking for a place to hide and was finishing his last essense, it collapsed with great fury and power. Magic blasted away dirt and stones in all directions, pushing even weighty body of force mage around. Wind howled being pushed away with great speed; it seemed as if a hurricane had manifested itself from nothingness. When magic finally ceased, Crimson noticed a very confused dragon looking right at him.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 77 Fails parade
« Reply #1447 on: April 26, 2015, 04:47:04 pm »

"Well then. Whenever you're ready. That is definitely not normal, by the way. He probably wants you dead. If you were human I would say 'be careful'. Excuse me..."

Make three more Evil Eye essences. Meditate on life and magic. Unless the dragon tries to kill me, in which case I will dodge. If anybody attacks me or the dragon, Wither Glare that someone using my chaotic essence.

((By the way, I'm apparently still blind and Flare still has all five shards. And I can see magic. I don't think that's a negative thing... but I'll take it!))

Edit: ((So disregard that action. Sending P.M!))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:04:28 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 26, 2015, 05:12:40 pm »

By the way, DreamerGhost, how many player souls was the shard that the dragon ate worth?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 26, 2015, 05:28:16 pm »

Five.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 26, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »

((So... one weak Evil Eye warlock and one powerful 25-shard frost dragon vs. three mages who could be called the most powerful in the game. I'd put my odds of survivng at about 50/50. The dragon's odds are more like 99/1.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 26, 2015, 07:19:52 pm »

((So... one weak Evil Eye warlock and one powerful 25-shard frost dragon vs. three mages who could be called the most powerful in the game. I'd put my odds of survivng at about 50/50. The dragon's odds are more like 99/1.))
((I'd correct this to 40/60 and 100/0,0001. Still, quite accurate.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 26, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »

((Yeah, since they won't be able to kill the dragon, they're going to take it out on me. In that case... how about some preemptive action... considering evil plans... considering mind magic... considering illusions...))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 26, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »

((Yeah, since they won't be able to kill the dragon, they're going to take it out on me. In that case... how about some preemptive action... considering evil plans... considering mind magic... considering illusions...))
((You may try if you want. But your chances for survival were lower in my opinion not because of players. Most dangerous are AoE spells and dragon. The sooner you put some distance from the lake - the better.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 26, 2015, 07:39:36 pm »

((I've got an idea for an AoE that will basically ruin all three of you. With all my shards in and my essences also used I might be able to pull it off.))

Edit: ((I think if I got anything other than a 10 for luck... possibly even a nine... chomp.))

Edit 2:

Ultimate threat assessment:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:03:46 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 506