Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem  (Read 15183 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2014, 04:41:38 pm »

"Well, I guess it takes a special kind of genius to mouth off in an unfamiliar situation right after being specifically told not to mouth off, huh. I think that guy was eligible for a Darwin Award with how fucking double-dead he was back there," Alissa says to her sire, trying to inject a little levity into the situation. The whole thing feels so surreal to her, being a sort of mixture between finding oneself in a crack den and having some kind of bad drug trip despite not having taken any drugs.

"So, uh, I was just wondering, there's pretty much no way to still keep a day job the way I am, right?" she asks of Nat, already mostly knowing the answer.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:05:37 am by Harry Baldman »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2014, 11:33:07 pm »

Without the comforting, familiar weight of her knife in her belt or in her hand, Alexandria felt naked. Being naked in a place like this was not comforting, and she felt her volition slip away the longer she stayed here. Being able to stab someone meant that she had meaningful choices to make.
"Yes. Let's go."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2014, 03:47:14 am »

Lenora goes to find Red. She'll want to learn some more things before she gets her tongue ripped out or worse...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2014, 01:36:17 pm »

Allison smiled, though it was rather sickly.
"Yeah, sure. I could do with a drink."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2014, 02:19:53 am »

Sorry for the delay, guys; Shitty things have been happening. I'll try to update within the next 24 hours.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2014, 08:57:00 am »

(It's cool, I'm a slow poster. I haven't got anything on so I'll try to post more often on this.)
Alicia was too freaked to be curious, really. She was keeping it under control but everything was spilling out at her. Her head was having trouble adjusting to all the new factors spilling out at her, so she decided to do what she always did when something like this happened: get drunk. {Wait, I'm dead. How can I get drunk? Fuck, didn't they say something about that? She thought for a few minutes. {Fuck it. I'll figure it out when I get to the bar. Maybe I can try and "ask politely" someone if they know anything about Sara... That always calms me down. Or pisses me off. Either way, it's a nice distraction.

"I know place we go." said Alicia to the others. She then says to Lenora before she slinks off "Lena, Lenora, something, say at Charles he can find me at Roosevelt Way if he wants talk."
Start walking out, then start walking towards a relatively nice bar that tries not to judge I know at Roosevelt Way, near Ravenna Park. Also try to get stuff back from bouncer first.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2014, 02:17:31 am »

"So, uh, I was just wondering, there's pretty much no way to still keep a day job the way I am, right?"
Nat chuckles at the mention of a "day" job, "Yeah, I wouldn't try. It'd be hard to show up for an interview when you burn to death the second you try to leave in the morning. Not that you couldn't get something working a graveyard shift, if you really want to feel normal, but we Kindred tend to have ways of getting what we need without resulting to gainful employment. I mean, if you need a place to spend the day, I've got a pretty swanky place downtown. Or you could help out an older, richer Kindred and work up a few favors."

Lenora goes to find Red.
There's no need to find Red, because by the time the thought comes into your head, he's already running downstairs to find you. "Hey, uh, Len... Lenora? Right? Listen, we should probably get out of here soon. There's someone here who I'd rather you not meet, so the sooner we leave, the less chance you two have of running into each other."

Start walking out, then start walking towards a relatively nice bar that tries not to judge I know at Roosevelt Way, near Ravenna Park. Also try to get stuff back from bouncer first.
By the time you get back up to the door, the bouncer is back, and all you have to do is walk up to him for him to reach into the chest of drawers and pull out your guns, dangling them in front of your face. "Outside. Then you get them back." You do as he requires, and he drops the guns into your waiting hands. "Have a nice night."
Marcus is standing outside by a pristine-looking dark green pickup, already giving Alexandria her weapons back. Not the kind of car you would expect a guy like Marcus to drive, but definitely the kind of condition you would expect it to be in. It looks freshly tuned, washed and waxed, and it shines even in the dim light of the streetlamps. Marcus approaches you and hands you back any ammo you had in your guns, before saying, "We'll keep in touch. You'll find you have my number already in your phone."

Without the comforting, familiar weight of her knife in her belt or in her hand, Alexandria felt naked. Being naked in a place like this was not comforting, and she felt her volition slip away the longer she stayed here. Being able to stab someone meant that she had meaningful choices to make.
"Yes. Let's go."
You follow Marcus out to his pristine pickup, and he gets in to grab your knife, still in its sheathe, handing it to you firmly. Just as he does, you see Alicia coming out of the house, and Marcus goes to meet her. As soon as Marcus turns his attention away, a sudden presence next to you makes you jump. A dark-skinned Kindred in darker clothes is standing next to you, smiling, his sharp teeth unnerving you. He looks you up and down and eventually speaks to you in an accent that you know is foreign, but that you can't quite place, "Hey there, girl. I haven't seen you around and kicking yet. I am your sire. They call me Joey, because most cannot pronounce my real name. I will teach you how to bend the shadows to be your ally, and how to feed without your prey ever even knowing you are there. Will you accept this training, fair-skinned girl?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2014, 02:33:04 am »

"Well, I guess I was just... uh... wondering. Hm."

Alissa would have accepted the offer readily in alternate circumstances, but to be perfectly frank, Nat really did unnerve her quite a lot.

"So, erm, is standard procedure here to just stop returning any calls? Move out someplace else? That kind of thing?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2014, 06:34:20 am »

((What about my action...?))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2014, 12:02:25 pm »

"Sounds good to me, but you're the boss."
Alexandria pockets her knife, hoping she's understood how Sire/Childe relationships worked.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2014, 12:10:12 pm »

There's no need to find Red, because by the time the thought comes into your head, he's already running downstairs to find you. "Hey, uh, Len... Lenora? Right? Listen, we should probably get out of here soon. There's someone here who I'd rather you not meet, so the sooner we leave, the less chance you two have of running into each other."
"Oh really?" says Lenora as she walks along with Red, "who's that then, another... uh childe?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:55 pm »

"Some don't like people holding their phones," said Alicia, turning on the iPhone she robbed from that guy, she forget his name. She switched out the simcard, of course. She wasn't stupid. She put it in her pocket and loaded the guns up again. It felt good having the pistols back in her hands. God knows what would happen to you otherwise. "Thanks for not stealing. I've lost track, you know if Roosevelt is near here? Only been in city few weeks."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »

((What about my action...?))
I thought you were just talking to other players. Sorry about that. Do you want to post another action or use the same one?

"So, erm, is standard procedure here to just stop returning any calls? Move out someplace else? That kind of thing?"
"Best idea is to just fade into the background with anyone you know. Don't disappear completely; that's what gets missing persons reports filed. Just tell them you're swamped with work or you got a night shift job or something and eventually stop talking to them. Plus, your little Nosferatu quirk should help people start avoiding you."

"Sounds good to me, but you're the boss."
Alexandria pockets her knife, hoping she's understood how Sire/Childe relationships worked.
Joey's white smile flashes in the night as he takes your hand. "Well then, princess, we shall be off to find you a drink." With that, he leads you off down the street, and although he moves almost unnaturally fast, you are able to keep up with little effort.

"Thanks for not stealing. I've lost track, you know if Roosevelt is near here? Only been in city few weeks."
"We're fairly close, but I know a bar that I think would be a bit more... your speed. It's closer too. Charles knows the way," Marcus looks over your shoulder, "In fact, here he is now."

"Oh really?" says Lenora as she walks along with Red, "who's that then, another... uh childe?
"Ah, no... She's my sire... Crazy as shit. Crazier than me. She knows I've sired someone new and she's not really happy about it." Red leads you out the door and down the street towards a beat up red VW Rabbit parked about a block away. "See, she's got some sort of jealousy issues. We had a fling a while back, like, 50 years ago, and when she found out I was getting with this mortal chick on the side, (Mostly 'cause I needed the food) she maimed the poor thing and put her in a coma. Ever since then she's been taking the 'If I can't have you, no one can' approach, and it's really getting on my nerves."
He gets in the car and you follow suit as he starts up the engine. Suddenly the voices scream "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" as a tall woman with long black hair and blue highlights appears in the rear-view mirror. Red jumps and throws the car into reverse, slamming on the gas, but the woman is fast, and she jumps out of the way as the car crashes into another behind it, setting off the alarm. Red curses under his breath, shifting into drive and peeling out down the street as fast as his little Rabbit can take him. The woman chases after the car, but even her vampire speed is no match for a speeding vehicle, and as she gives up, she yells after you, "Jacob! You know I'm gonna kill that slut! Get back here!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:04 pm »

Ah, no worries, but I'll take the same action.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10