Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem  (Read 15192 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2014, 05:16:04 pm »

While they're going in she finishes talking with the others.

"Ugh, someone hasn't read their Edgar Allan Poe. You know what..."

[Resolve + Composure... 1d10=5, 1d10=3... failure!]

"I'm going with Lenora, and if anyone says anything about detergents I'll eat them! Maybe we shouldn't make jokes about that, I won't eat you, I promise. Oh now I sound weird, I'll shut up now."

The vampire formerly known as Alice stares straight ahead as she's patted down and she enters the party.

"Oh don't worry Marcus I'll be on my very best behaviour."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2014, 05:18:57 pm »

Enter! And check out the party guests. Anybody I recognize? Don't make eye contact much. Wouldn't want anybody taking offense. And don't wander far away from Marcus unless, say, Nat approaches me or Marcus says I'm cramping his style or whatever.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:22:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2014, 05:19:50 pm »

Lenora tries to work out who is and isn't kindred, and looks for anyone that seems approachable.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »

Alicia looks at Charles with a hint of distaste. "... So, you the guy who got me in this. Give me info and quick. I don't like being places when my guns are further then my hands can reach."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

Alice stuck close to her... parent? Sire? What was the world for it? Despite the fact she'd just drank, her stomach almost growled at the smell of blood. She still found that freaky as hell, but it wasn't overwhelming. Guess it hadn't sunk in yet.

"So... is this a big vampire party?"  she asked him. "How many vampires are there?"

As a secondary thought she patted down her pockets for her phone, wallet and keys.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2014, 10:39:30 pm »

Enter! And check out the party guests. Anybody I recognize? Don't make eye contact much. Wouldn't want anybody taking offense. And don't wander far away from Marcus unless, say, Nat approaches me or Marcus says I'm cramping his style or whatever.
Most of the guests seem to be Kindred, with a relative handful of mortals sticking close to their respective masters. Some are more obviously Kindred than others, but whether due to physical appearances or even just smell, you can always pick out the undead from the humans. Humans smell good, like food, like really delicious food. It seems like you're going to have to get used to that, too.
As you look around, a blonde woman approaches you in a low-cut tank top and tight jeans. Just being around her seems to give you the impression that she's going to shank you violently and rip out your organs at any minute, but somehow you manage to resist the urge to run away very fast, long enough to hear her out at least.
"Hey, I'm Natalie. Nat for short. We've met before, but you were kind of unconscious at the time. Got a minute to chat?"

Lenora tries to work out who is and isn't kindred, and looks for anyone that seems approachable.
You wander around and immediately bump into someone who feels strangely familiar to you. Literally, you bump into him and almost fall over, but he grabs your arm and steadies you with a superhuman grip.
He wears a red hoodie and matching sweatpants, and his black hair is spiked up with gel and ends in blood red tips. He smiles at you, immediately recognizing you, even if you don't recognize him. "Hey there, girly. Name's Red, 'least that's what people call me, and I don't tell 'em any different. I'm your sire. That means I'm kind of like your dad, 'cept we can fuck without any weird incest vibes."

"So... is this a big vampire party?"  she asked him. "How many vampires are there?"
Bradley leans against a wall, oozing charm as always, "It's the Prince's court. Sort of like a party, but it happens once a week. Not everyone comes every time, but today it's a little crowded. No idea why. I'd say about a third of the Kindred population are here this time. Sometimes when big stuff goes down you get up to half, if not more, but that usually takes place at a bigger venue, like a theater or a church."

As a secondary thought she patted down her pockets for her phone, wallet and keys.
Your wallet is there, with everything still inside, as are your keys, but your phone is nowhere to be found.

"... So, you the guy who got me in this. Give me info and quick. I don't like being places when my guns are further then my hands can reach."
"Look, I know you're probably pretty pissed about the whole Vampire thing. I was too at first, but it's actually a pretty sweet deal. See, there are different kinds of Kindred, and I'm a Gangrel, which means you are too. We're stronger and faster than everyone else, and everyone knows it. Even older Kindred will think twice before messing with you, and that's saying something."
He takes of his beanie and runs his fingers through his messy hair, scratching a bit. "There is a catch though... Being a Gangrel means it's harder to control yourself when you get worked up. You kind of... Hulk Out, and while you feel a lot stronger, you also end up wrecking a lot of stuff you probably don't want to wreck. So my only advice to you is to be careful, and try to stay calm."
He slips his beanie back on and gives you a thumbs-up, "Like me!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 01:34:27 am »

I don't really see my old character concept being an interesting character to play. I'll write a new one in the morning. Maybe Alexander, petty thief.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2014, 03:05:20 am »

"Uh... I guess?"

Keep a careful distance from Nat just in case. Hear her out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2014, 09:32:43 am »

"Like, I don't know whether to be creeped out or reassured. So yeah, you can call me Lenora. Was I the first person you've, uh, embraced? Can any of us just turn people? Like, what's the big idea mister?"

And here she moves closer and says more quietly, "and um, is it normal for me to hear voices now?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2014, 09:38:32 am »

Count how many vamps are here. Might be useful to know.

So are there different kinds of vampires? You mentioned that one of them was a Nosferatu or something. Is that like a different gang or something? A different clan?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2014, 11:41:57 am »

75#msg5418075 date=1403942720]
"Uh... I guess?"

Keep a careful distance from Nat just in case. Hear her out.
[/quote]
"I'll keep it short and sweet for you. You're a Nosferatu, kinda like that creepy guy from the movie. Nosferatu usually have a thing that makes people on edge around 'em. For me, it's just this sorta feeling that I'm gonna rip out your guts and wear 'em like a scarf at any moment, and it seems like that's something you inherited from me, too. On the upside, we get some pretty nifty power at our fingertips. Next time you need to hide something on you, just focus really hard on it not being there, and nobody will be able to find it besides you. Unless they're a Kindred with Auspex, but that's a whole other thing we'll have to go into later."

"Like, I don't know whether to be creeped out or reassured. So yeah, you can call me Lenora. Was I the first person you've, uh, embraced? Can any of us just turn people? Like, what's the big idea mister?"
"well, to answer your questions in order, no, sort of, and the big idea is that there's this organization that wants to bring everything back to the old ways. Before there was the Lancea Sanctum and and the Ordo Dracul and all that shit, there was the Camarilla. I'll spare you the history lesson, because I'm sure Marcus would love to cover that part later, but suffice it to say that when the Camarilla was around, that was the golden age of Kindred. Marcus and his people are trying to bring that back, and I decided to lend a hand in recruitment. Simple as that."
"and um, is it normal for me to hear voices now?"
"Oh, yeah, about that... See, in addition to being Ventrue, (That's our Clan. Marcus is one too.) you and me are Malkovian. Some crazy mad scientist in the 1600's or something created this bloodline, and long story short, we pretty much hear the voices of every Malkovian past and present in our heads."
Red scratches at his temple, "I'm not really sure of the specifics, but sometimes the voices give some useful advice, sometimes they give out information, and sometimes they just make no fucking sense or tell jokes or something. Be careful though, sometimes they'll just up and lie to you because they think it's funny. It gets annoying sometimes but it's usually kinda helpful."
[ROLL]
"Anyway, you look pretty thirsty, girl. Want a drink? I've got some pretty tasty stuff flowin' through me, or so I've been told."

Count how many vamps are here. Might be useful to know.
You count about 30 in the main room alone, but you sense a lot more presences throughout the house. You would estimate around 60-70.
So are there different kinds of vampires? You mentioned that one of them was a Nosferatu or something. Is that like a different gang or something? A different clan?
"Oh, yeah! That was something I needed to tell you about. You see, my good looks and magnetic charm aren't just in my genes, well, mostly, but you and I are Daevas. We're like, stupidly sexy. Part of it you were just born with, and part of it comes from being in the Clan. We don't just sneak up on people in dark alleys to feed, we seduce and impress. Hell, my last Childe was a stripper who fed on dudes during backroom dances. Who could resist, right? Not only that, but we get these powers that let us convince people we're even more awesome than we actually are. I know it seems like it'd be hard to top how sexy we already are, but trust me, any time you want someone to really like you, like fall in love with you at first sight, just focus really hard on making them your bitch. We call it Majesty."

A very young-looking Kindred comes, practically gliding, up the stairs. He looks about 17, but everyone can sense that he is much, much older than he appears, and very powerful at that. He almost seems to move across the room without actually moving a muscle, shutting off the music and speaking loudly in a posh British accent. "My sister, the Prince, is now holding court in her chambers! All who wish to, or are required to attend should move to the basement for the proceedings!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2014, 01:27:28 pm »

"Oh crap, I make people feel that way as well? Damn. That's kind of... uh, weird. But-"

Alissa is cut off by the sound of what is probably at least an octogenarian in disguise.

"Uh... that's my signal, I guess? You coming as well?"

Go with the flow, see the Prince. Don't mouth off in any way whatsoever. Observe carefully. After the audience is done, maybe, I dunno, hang out with Nat and ask questions about this whole business if there's not any other more pressing matters to attend to? Go with the flow, at any rate.

((The action's pretty much standing orders for now, since I will be very much gone for the first two weeks of July.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2014, 04:29:13 pm »

"If I was no careful, I'd be dead by now..." Alicia paused for a second and considered her statement. "... I'll try to keep your advice in mind."
Head off to the basement to see what's up.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2014, 04:33:34 pm »

"Huh. I could say how that could be useful. So does that work on like, anyone? Even other vampires?"

Stick close to the sire and follow his instructions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10