Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52529 times)

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #630 on: December 29, 2014, 01:25:51 am »

"Dammit. DAMMIT. DAMMIT! I'LL GET HIM NEXT TIME, I SWEAR!" Dahzel roars, filled with anger in him. "Next time we see him, we chop him down!"
Still alive, amazingly.

Elacyna

• Bay Watcher
  • Right, this is a place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 29, 2014, 03:21:04 am »

Though the battle had ended, Igor was still alarmed and in combat spirit while the dust settled down. In his state, he still felt like the enemies were ready to charge at him at any moment, though it seemed that he was... just never the enemies' attention, to his surprise. Guess Geoffrey's group took their atention.
Well, whatever it was, it worked out for him. He sheathed his sword and walked towards Geoffrey, whom left him hanging up on an answer.

"I'll be reporting for the day of work at the town hall. I hope they're still grateful for my services, even if you pulled most of the weight... this time."

"These rogues, though... they only cared about your group, then scurried away. No interest in the town at all. Do you know them?"

Igor glanced around, eyeing the peculiar figures that made part of Geoffrey's mercenaries. He let out a chuckle.

"Heh. Sorry, it's still funny to think you've gone and made a guild of your own. I thought you did well enough on your own, but I guess you made a good leader, considering this fight."

"I bet managing their pay is as thrilling as it sounds..."
It cannot be!

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 29, 2014, 03:28:01 am »

: "Ergh-...ow." Lian groaned, her off hand grasping around her belt for her sword. When she finally reached it, she pulled it off, planting it into to the ground to at least get herself up to a sitting position against the wall, "I'll be fine. Thanks, leader. Blasted kid leaving himself open..." She nodded, quietly muttering the last part while looking over the burns to her shirt and braid.

"You don't look fine to me. Can you even walk? Here," he held out his hand to help Lian up.

"Geo, it's not your fault. You couldn't have known he would do that or that he would be here. We'll get it back too."

"He... That thief stole his artifact and almost killed him. We're going to get it back. I don't... I don't care what the boss says, we need to get it back."

She almost glared at Ed, daring him to tease her right now.

"What did the thief look like, did you get his name?" There was interest in his voice now. Edward had a hunch of who it was based on his battle with the Silvertongue. I really hope it's not him though...

"I'll be reporting for the day of work at the town hall. I hope they're still grateful for my services, even if you pulled most of the weight... this time."

"These rogues, though... they only cared about your group, then scurried away. No interest in the town at all. Do you know them?"

Igor glanced around, eyeing the peculiar figures that made part of Geoffrey's mercenaries. He let out a chuckle.

"Heh. Sorry, it's still funny to think you've gone and made a guild of your own. I thought you did well enough on your own, but I guess you made a good leader, considering this fight."

"I bet managing their pay is as thrilling as it sounds..."

Geoffrey turned to address Igor while waited for Lian to (hopefully) accept his offer of help. He hoped Igor got paid for his work, it wasn't like he'd just been sitting around watching. If it came to it he'd tell the tale in Igor's favor, Edward was responsible for paying them.

"No, I don't know them. I don't think anyone here does except maybe Edward, him being the kid of some big shot merchant and all that."

"Well, it was either this or go wherever my old group was going. I didn't want to be more than a country away from Theo due to payments and whatever."

And thanks, I'm glad you think so at least."
His mood dipped again, he just couldn't help but feel entirely responsible for Alexios' current position.

"Oh, believe me it was. Thankfully Edward's in charge of that too now. He might be our employer but he does enough work to be my second in command. He lacks experience but he's got plenty of knowledge, probably one of those kids that has an education."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:05:42 am by F.O.E. »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 29, 2014, 03:47:42 am »

He was silent for a moment after her question was asked, shifting uncomfortably and adjusting the grip on his spear, as if he believed he might soon come under attack.  Or perhaps he was thinking of some past violence, as his eyes flickered with remembered anger and focused unseeing on something far distant.

It soon vanished, replaced by a thoughtful calm.

"Something like that."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 29, 2014, 03:48:55 am »

"I... I didn't. I don't know if Alexios did, but it was the leader of the group of thieves that attacked us. Like the one who attacked you. I don't think that was the only artifact he grabbed either... Do... Do you know where we can find him?"

She tightened her grip on Alexios, hoping against hope that their employer would be able to help her help him.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 29, 2014, 08:47:57 am »

Alexios squeezed Aneira again, before sighing and speaking up.
:"I... don't know the thief, no, but... I... should probably go heal Lian. She looks wounded."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 29, 2014, 08:54:28 am »

Distributing the five gold pouches of looted gold into some of the many hidden folds in his clothing, the treasure seeker wannabe and artifact scholar headed off to do operation 'score extra brownie points with the healers'

"Let me help you Alexios. Hilde's healing's awesome, I feel strong enough to support you myself!"

And then his countenance paled slightly at the mention of the one he is supporting speak of approaching Lian...

"Hey, Hilde can definitely take care of her, we should get you to someplace comfortable...or tend to someone else!"

The scavenger scans the premise for who looks remotely wounded and veeeery far from Lian.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 29, 2014, 09:32:13 am »

Lian looked up to Geoffrey's extended hand for a brief moment. Looking aside with a huff, she clasped it with her off hand and pulled herself up. Just as she extended her legs though, her free hand shot to her side over one of the darker burns.
: "Ngh." Lian grunted. If she was in pain, her face didn't show it. Using her sword sheath as a walking cane, she took a couple steps, "Think so. At least enough to get to Hilde."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 29, 2014, 03:59:26 pm »

"I've got him Ekul. And Alexios, you can do whatever you want, but don't push yourself too much, ok? It's alright if you need to take some time."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 29, 2014, 05:07:08 pm »

"I... I didn't. I don't know if Alexios did, but it was the leader of the group of thieves that attacked us. Like the one who attacked you. I don't think that was the only artifact he grabbed either... Do... Do you know where we can find him?"

She tightened her grip on Alexios, hoping against hope that their employer would be able to help her help him.

Edward paused at Aneira's question. He'd never been asked for help so sincerely in his entire life, not even when his father requested he go on this trip for him. It reminded Edward of his position compared to the mercs, he had resources literally at his disposal. It wouldn't hurt him at all to help them a bit.

"No, I don't. Sorry." But he wasn't going to tell them he was helping them, he could handle this issue all by himself.

Edward walked away after that, pulling up his hood as he neared the town gates. He walked passed Aika and Martyn and walked up to the house Aika had visited beforehand and then knocked on the door.

"It's me, Edward. Son of Dorinel." A few seconds later the door opened and he stepped inside.

Lian looked up to Geoffrey's extended hand for a brief moment. Looking aside with a huff, she clasped it with her off hand and pulled herself up. Just as she extended her legs though, her free hand shot to her side over one of the darker burns.
: "Ngh." Lian grunted. If she was in pain, her face didn't show it. Using her sword sheath as a walking cane, she took a couple steps, "Think so. At least enough to get to Hilde."

Geoffrey prepared himself in case Lian fell when her hand moved to her side. Thankfully she didn't, and she was even walking.

"Are you sure you should be walking though?" Geoffrey asked. "I know magic can patch you up, but the body still needs rest afterwords. Pushing yourself now isn't going to do you any favors later."

-------------------------

Mia and Garret made their way through town trying to find a healer. They had yet to find one.

"Why don't you just use the remainder of the vulnerary? The lad gave it to you expecting you to use it on me. He saw my wounds, he probably isn't expecting to get any of it back."

"Because the courteous thing to do to return what you borrowed. I'm not going to buy him a new one so using as little as possible is the next best thing."

"Hmph. You're just as stubborn and noble as your mother was."

"Yeah, whatever old man. He gave it to me so I decide-" Mia's words broke off when she suddenly spotted a bald youth. His robes told her he belonged to a church and for the most part and, at least in her experience, members of churches usually could use magic of some sort. Maybe his was healing magic.

"Hey you!" she called out as she ran up to him, leaving Garret behind. "Can you do magic? Like healing magic with staves and stuff." She pointed at Garret. "He was wounded in the battle just now and needs healing.

//Maxwell can post!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 29, 2014, 05:32:12 pm »

Staring after Ed in despair, Aneira sighed. She'd hoped... But it didn't matter now. She would still find that thief and get Alexios's artifact back.

"We don't need his help, don't worry Alexios. We'll find him ourselves if need be. Come on. Lets head into the village. You can rest there, alright?"

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 29, 2014, 09:14:12 pm »

Letting go of Alexios slowly, Ekul raised his hands and took a step back.

"Sure!"

He considered following the more academic seeming dark magic user in their current group, but decided against it. Now who else seemed less dour to hold an academic discussion with...and was wholly sane? Alexios losing his artifact has temporarily shut off his pursuit of cataloging it. Temporarily, because he hopes the guy gets it back.

"I wonder how Peter's doing...eh, he can look after himself. Probably safer in the village now that we've fended off the bandits!"

Weighing between serious matters discussed by the boss' camp and the potential military drivel of would-be revolutionary leader, Ekul opted for checking out what the town they protected was actually like.

"Boss! Permission to explore the town?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 29, 2014, 09:55:47 pm »

Lian chuckled a little.
: "I'll be fine, I said. I wouldn't be where I am if I didn't know how to take care of myself."
The myrmidon's eyes shot to where Ekul was shouting from, only to shake her head and glance back at Geoffrey briefly.
: "And leader? Don't kick yourself about Alexios. Even a brilliant commander can't help someone who won't listen. It'll sting, but this might teach the kid to look out for himself better." Lian slanted her mouth with an irritated look towards Alexios, "Or if this doesn't, I sure will." Lian sighed with a shrug before carefully limping out towards Hilde, hoping to at least patch up her burns.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 29, 2014, 11:34:05 pm »

Maxwell turns to look at the girl, a tome tucked under one arm. "Apologies, miss, but I am not a healer. Some of the sisters of my order are, but I was trained to use light magic to do the work of God. And shoot lasers. But perhaps someone at my monastery can assist you?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 30, 2014, 03:14:15 am »

He was silent for a moment after her question was asked, shifting uncomfortably and adjusting the grip on his spear, as if he believed he might soon come under attack.  Or perhaps he was thinking of some past violence, as his eyes flickered with remembered anger and focused unseeing on something far distant.

It soon vanished, replaced by a thoughtful calm.

"Something like that."
Aika blinked in surprise. The soldier had been much more evasive in his answer than he had before.

: Oh? Maybe he was a bodyguard, or some town watchman. Or who knows! Out loud, she added "Well, I know Captain Liz would prefer if I were a bit more professional. Any tips?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57