Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52521 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #615 on: December 28, 2014, 10:30:37 pm »

Alexios' frantic babbling wasn't so much cut off by Hilde's admonition but by Aneira's reassurances and more ultimately the hug. Alexios clung desperately onto Aneira, squeezing her as he simply needed the security she was bringing. Thankfully, he calmed down somewhat (even if still quite unhappy) as he hugged her.
:"Nnnnn...:

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 28, 2014, 10:33:47 pm »

Holding Alexios closer, she slowly rocked him back and forth.

"I've got you. It will all be ok. Just relax now. Take however much time you need, I've got you."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 28, 2014, 10:48:59 pm »

Martyn sighed, shaking his head at the girls hugging outside the town.  He'd seen the wounds Alexia had taken, and Hilde's intervention was more than enough to prevent them from growing mortal.  He hardly saw what the healer was so upset about, or why she needed comforting over it.

Still bemused, he headed through the gates, giving the pegasus knight a nod and answering Geoffrey's question for him.

"In force, though at least one managed to escape.  You secured the town before any of them could enter, didn't you?"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:54:54 pm by Lucus Casius »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 28, 2014, 10:58:17 pm »

: "Yessir! Once I warned the civilians, they boarded up in case the gate came crashing down. Which it didn't, so good job on your people's part. I hope your group didn't lose anyone in the attack."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 28, 2014, 11:05:40 pm »

Hilde guffawed a little looking over Aneira. She would have to keep this in mind in order to tease her later. At the very least, looks like she succeeded in getting Alex to stop squirming around so much.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 28, 2014, 11:10:20 pm »

"Good work.  Save for a few injuries, then, it looks as though we've managed to fight them off unharmed."

"And 'Martyn' will suffice, for the time being.  The captain's the only one with anything approaching an official rank."

He shoulders his spear, glancing out over the battlefield.

"You're from the Lenon military proper, aren't you?  How long are you remaining attached to Godhand?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 28, 2014, 11:24:09 pm »

Lian shook her head about as she crouched from the force of the fire blast, still trying to get the light of the flash bomb out of her eyes. When she finally could crack her eyelids open, her gaze darted from the downed Alexios to the rest of the battlefield, and she shouted in an angry disbelief.
: "Low-life bastard! Get back here!" The myrmidon wasted no time in breaking from the group and rushing to the other end of the town wall. By the time she reached the corner, though, the burns around her body finally set in and she collapsed with a thud.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:40:37 pm by CrimsonEon »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 28, 2014, 11:35:29 pm »

: "Glad to hear it, si--I mean, Martyn."

She took advantage of the downtime to brush Faewynd's mane of a few leaves that got caught during her flight.

: "And yes, proud member of Lenon's Pegasus Corps. Captain Liz sent me on ahead of the rest of the platoon, so I'm stuck with Godhand until I receive new orders to the contrary. Not sure when that'll be exactly..."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 28, 2014, 11:46:16 pm »

"We're glad to have you for now, regardless.  I could've used some like y-"

"..."

"Regardless, having someone in the air is a better asset than many I could ask for.  Thank you for your help, and give my thanks to your Captain when you see her again, Miss... Er, Private...  Corporal..."

"My apologies.  What was your name?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2014, 12:09:55 am »

Aika stared at the soldier. Did they all suffer from amnesia? Was it contagious?

: "It's Corporal Aika. We've met before...well, sort of. I was bleeding out and only semi-conscious at the time."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 29, 2014, 12:27:45 am »

"I recall."

He shrugs, more apologetically than uncomfortably.

"Corporal Aika, then.  I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 29, 2014, 12:30:00 am »

Geoffrey cursed under his breath when Alexios revealed Leret had taken his artifact. It was his job to protect those under his command and he'd failed spectacularly. Oh how he wished to be back in Lenon carving wood right now. But he wasn't and being the leader meant being strong and unwavering. He walked over to Alexios and Aneira as he waited for Igor and Dakob's replies. He could see Igor parting from them here, he preferred to work alone after all, but he had no idea what the giant would do.

"Alexios, you have my sincerest apologies. As your commander my job is not only to lead but also to guard those under my command. I failed you in that regard today and, once again, I apologize." He walked off after that, leaving the two mercenaries alone.

Edward had showed up shortly before Geoffrey approached Alexios, wondering just what all the commotion was about. He heard Lian shout and then saw her run off and, rather than going after her himself, went up to Geoffrey. He wasn't going to be the one straining himself if she wore herself out.

"Hey, Geo, one of your mercs, Lian I think, just ran off after someone or something like that. She looked like she hadn't been healed yet. Was running along the town wall."

"What!? Argh, dammit..." Geoffrey cursed as he started after Lian. What if there were stragglers out there? He really be damned if he lost any of his mercs today. He found her collapsed on the ground and kneeled down beside her.

"Hey Lian, are you alright?" he asked as he lightly shook her. Dumb question? Yes, but what else was he supposed to ask?

"And now that he's out of the way..." Edward said as Geoffrey ran off. He walked over to Alexios and Aneira intending to tease them but reconsidered when he saw the state Alex was in.

"What happened?" he asked, sincerity in his voice.

Ekul tallied up all his gold and found that he'd snagged 500 gold during the battle.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 29, 2014, 12:40:57 am »

"Geo, it's not your fault. You couldn't have known he would do that or that he would be here. We'll get it back too."

"He... That thief stole his artifact and almost killed him. We're going to get it back. I don't... I don't care what the boss says, we need to get it back."

She almost glared at Ed, daring him to tease her right now.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:44:09 am by Swordstar »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 29, 2014, 12:42:31 am »

: "Ergh-...ow." Lian groaned, her off hand grasping around her belt for her sword. When she finally reached it, she pulled it off, planting it into to the ground to at least get herself up to a sitting position against the wall, "I'll be fine. Thanks, leader. Blasted kid leaving himself open..." She nodded, quietly muttering the last part while looking over the burns to her shirt and braid.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 29, 2014, 12:49:04 am »

Aika shrugged, but a wink showed that she wasn't as upset as her words might imply.

: "Don't worry about it, fella. Lucky for you I'm not the kind to hold grudges over little things like that."

: "Anyway, I've noticed you seem to be a bit more professional than most of the others here. Ex-military, maybe?"

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57