Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Expanse of the Ice Empire.  (Read 2164 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Expanse of the Ice Empire.
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:04:52 pm »

Your world is a mostly peaceful place, nuzzled in the mountains of the world. The empire is in the frozen plains at the tip of the world. You have no worries aside from wild animals and creatures of the dark, and even then the crown makes sure it's citizens are protected. The capital sits in the middle of the empire, and the castle sits atop the tallest mountain of the world, overlooking the capital. You live in Ampir. The empire is extensive, but lately the number of people has grown to large, and the crown wants more land to extend into. Thats where you come in. The crown is paying settlements on the land surrounding them, so they can have the land to feed and house the people. You've been kept warm by the soldiers defending the cities, but the outside world is much colder than you could have ever expected.

Spoiler: Selling Settlements (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet;

Name:
Trait(s):
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanse of the Ice Empire.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:10:29 pm »

is this a suggestion game, or a multiplayer RP?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:53 pm »

Multiplayer.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:23:02 pm »

Oh. Count me out, then. Unfortunately, I don't have time to be in an RP.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:29:29 pm »

Character Sheet;

Name:James Chilrote
Sex:Male
Trait(s):Half Demon
Appearance:Pale and thin, some thought him a vampire, but boy did they get that one wrong.
Personality:Cocky and arrogant, his hubris lands him in trouble when he does not focus on keeping a cool head
Background:Born in the chilling wastes and left for dead, he was found and raised by an old court Wizard/Scholar (Depending on whether or not this is a full-magic world) He learned the arts of Magic/science (Again dependent on lore) And seeks to travel to the cold wastelands to develop them, all of the others call him mad, but ever since he fell in the ice cold lake near his surrogate father's villa, and surfaced unharmed, he knew he could handle any cold that it had to throw at him (would it be alright if i got ice demon blood in place of fire? if not i can rework my sheet.)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 10:33:17 pm »

Meeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh.... I guess its ok to have ice demon blood. For magic/science lore, science is pretty much ignored, and they only really research better ways to adapt crops to the cold and frost, to little avail, and magic is practiced, but isn't as heavy as most RPG mahgics. Its limited the combat spells like throwing fire, freezing enemies, and healing yourself or allies.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 11:03:56 pm »

Joining.

Name: Aeglion Mastiff
Sex: Male
Trait(s): Managerial Type, Mass
Appearance: Quite tall and broad, but not to the point of being obese. His dark hair and eyes, as well as his humorless face, overall make him quite the intimidating figure.
Personality: Despite his appearance, however, he is quite the jolly man. He has a serious demeanor when he is about is work, however, and will not tolerate subordinates who refuse to follow orders.
Background: Aeglion could be described as a simple man, if not for the fact that he would be noticed regardless of where he went. His head easily popped out of a crowd, making many people feel quite uncomfortable. Despite this fact, he had gained a reputation in the poorer areas of the capital as a man with a heart of gold, and one who spread the gold around. He sought and learned healing magic to heal the sick, becoming a saint amongst the poor of the capital. Credited with helping the people of the slums begin to actually improve in wealth and making it more lively, he has now gone outward, seeking to prove his skills to the empire.

Well, I think he is okay. The healing magic is the most I am pushing in that field though.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:44 am »

Character Sheet;

Name: Lilian Effenburg
Sex: Female
Trait(s): Vampire, Mass
Appearance: A petite young woman that reminds almost everyone she meets of a young child. Her unkempt light-brown hair falls halfway down her back, here grey eyes shine as though filled with idealistic hope, and her mouth is always turned up into a small smile - providing a stark contrast to her personality, which often surprises people.
Personality: Lilian is, well, quite the snarker. Aloof at the best of times, and downright cruel at the worst, the only time she seems to show any sort of softer side is when dealing with children - if she sees someone unnecessarily harming a child, you can bet she'll step in.
Background: An unwanted daughter born into a family of nobles, Lilian spent much of the early part of her life being literally pushed around by her siblings - as well as being kicked, hit, and in one instance burned. Through all this, she gained a higher tolerance for pain than the average person, and doesn't admit to feeling resentful, though this is where her protective instincts when it comes to children come from. While still fairly young, she mysteriously contracted vampirism, yet managed to keep it hidden from her family. As the years passed, her parents grew old and ill, and since their deaths Lilian has been traveling from village to village, feeding where she can and moving on when she no longer felt safe. And yet... Always having to leave those she found that she cared for was getting old. By creating a settlement, she hopes to secure a position of power that will allow her to stay in one place, among people, and feed only when necessary - perhaps even given permission to look into the "vampire situation", so that she may divert any suspicions about her true nature away from herself.

((Is this okay? I'm fairly* bad at this, and also assumed that vampires weren't born in this world, so, I included that bit in the backstory. Also, I'm assuming we'll be working together in the same bit of land? I may or may not - leaning towards the first - be dropping off of the internet for a while, which provides problems either way.))

((*Read: Extremely))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:18:05 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »

Not trying to be rude, but did you just drop this without saying anything? Because I've seen you participating in, and updating your, other threads. If it's due to lack of players, more are going to post if they see it on the front page and also notice you answering questions, methinks.

Also, clarification, please?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:11 pm »

Not trying to be rude, but did you just drop this without saying anything? Because I've seen you participating in, and updating your, other threads. If it's due to lack of players, more are going to post if they see it on the front page and also notice you answering questions, methinks.

Also, clarification, please?
Vampires aren't born in this world, for RP purposes its currently unknown how vampirism is spread and contracted.

You work on your own, and can own and run more than one settlement, and if you feel like doing so, can even live in someone else's settlement.

Mass just means you can take more, the title is just a title, no need to oblige it.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 09:19:51 pm »

Alright, thanks for the clarification, modified the sheet to match the Vampirism bit.
Will likely be in someone else's settlement, if only due to not enjoying maximum authority where I live in RP or meatspace, if someone allows me to.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:21:41 pm by Lyeos »

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 09:23:32 pm »

News letters go out to every town and province, and posted on every tavern wall, every guard station, and every notice board in the land. The crown needs land, or people will starve and be crowded out. Very few go, at least that'll be less competition for you.

(And finally starting.)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »

:-\ Figure out what kind of places are out there? Note anything interesting, such as nearby rivers, food sources, and other types of resources.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 10:54:17 pm »

Take note of surroundings, carefully read any nearby postings of this news. ask around for information from anyone you know that you happen to pass by.

"Mayhaps this 'expansion' of sorts could prove a good means of amassing my own wealth in the world, rather than my current mooching from father. there may even be some knowledge of my own past hidden deep in that godforsaken field of ice and snow."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 10:57:23 pm »

:-\ Figure out what kind of places are out there? Note anything interesting, such as nearby rivers, food sources, and other types of resources.

You head just outside the city gate to see whats around the immediate area. The tree line has been chopped back MILES away, but the snow isn't as bad here because the heat from town lessens it. You can see a frozen river in the distance.

Take note of surroundings, carefully read any nearby postings of this news. ask around for information from anyone you know that you happen to pass by.

"Mayhaps this 'expansion' of sorts could prove a good means of amassing my own wealth in the world, rather than my current mooching from father. there may even be some knowledge of my own past hidden deep in that godforsaken field of ice and snow."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

No one else has any other news for you, all everyone knows, and all thats posted in that the empire is buying land, and pay more the more developed the land is.

Pages: [1] 2