Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69966 times)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 25 - FINAL HUMAN RELEASE and GAME SPEED!
« Reply #510 on: August 03, 2014, 02:37:43 am »

PS: Knights and Paladins need about an ingame week to transform, thats leftover from testing. The test reaction in the still are still there as well.

PPS: Found a bug: Units that use trueTransform dont get the natural skills of the new unit. Even though a squire has the natural skills, a human that is transformed into a squire wont get them. -.-
Just a thought...is it possible to workaround the trueTransform problem by making the reaction that triggers it train up that skill?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 03, 2014, 03:16:46 am »

Terribly sorry for the double post. As they say, posting twice makes you look half as smart.

Anyway, I see a thing in the manual that's bugging me. In the General Info page for the humans, it says that you should mint all of your copper, silver and gold into coins. Isn't there nothing to be done with Ag and Cu, since it's all been standardized to use gold?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 03, 2014, 06:18:10 am »

There's a building that allows you to convert copper and silver currency to gold.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #513 on: August 03, 2014, 06:40:42 am »

No, not anymore. I changed it, everything takes gold now. Just havent proof-read the manual yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »

Dev Log - Day 26

Bit of forum support, noted down smaller bugs here and there, and played the tutorial fort. Its more work than it looks, I have to survive and build slowly step by step, while explaining everything accompanied by screenshot. ;)

We are doing well so far: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141663.0
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 26 - Testing and Tutorials
« Reply #515 on: August 04, 2014, 07:31:45 am »

Would it be possible to give the clothes merchant the option to buy a whole set of clothing instead of purchasing a set piece by piece? It seems like buying cloth and turning that into full sets would be less of a hassle than simply buying clothes ready made at the moment.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #516 on: August 04, 2014, 08:43:10 am »

Yes, thats possible.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 04, 2014, 10:50:44 am »

Is the "Add Diplomats" selection on the GUI resulting in the double diplomats, or is it something else? It's annoying, if not game-breaking, to have to go through the whole trading process twice. I haven't paid close enough attention to know if it's just the elves and humans, or others too. Seems like I saw the issue with orc caravans playing as orc also, and know I saw it with something as gnomes.

Going to try turning it off, but will take a while to have any results. New world...

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2014, 11:29:56 am »

I keep reading that anything on first GUI page doesn't require a new world gen. I just created a world using number in party at 7, then decided I wanted to speed up early progress so aborted embark, re-launched GUI, set party to 9 and re-launched game from GUI. When I got to party screen there were 7 humans, not 9.

It SEEMS it has worked without a regen before, but I don't usually change that number after creating a world, so not positive.

Maybe a file naming issue? GUI saving somewhere this version isn't looking?

Okay, tried closing anf relaunching GUI again, that made no difference.

So I wiped world and regenned it with party at 9. Embarked, had 9 in party.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:39:43 am by vonsch »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #519 on: August 04, 2014, 12:37:02 pm »

vonsch, these settings change stuff in the onload.init and the init.txt. Init stands for Initialization, so every time the .exe is initialized (started) it comes into effect.

You dont need to regen a world. But you do need to shut down DF and start it again.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 04, 2014, 01:43:05 pm »

PS: Knights and Paladins need about an ingame week to transform, thats leftover from testing. The test reaction in the still are still there as well.

PPS: Found a bug: Units that use trueTransform dont get the natural skills of the new unit. Even though a squire has the natural skills, a human that is transformed into a squire wont get them. -.-

Run naturalSkills to fix that.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 04, 2014, 01:45:36 pm »

Meph, I did that. I even closed the GUI launcher to test if it maybe wasn't writing back the changes so they could be read. The only thing that changed my party from 7 to 9 was regenning world with it set to 9 at that point. (Or I could have used dfhack, but I was trying to figure out what was up with GUI.)

And, yeah, I know GUI changes init files. In the past I have done that manually, but haven't touched them with this 1.0 humans release. And I installed it virgin in its own separate directory.

I can live with it as is, just seemed not to be working as advertised.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #522 on: August 04, 2014, 02:16:17 pm »

Dev Log - Day 27

Finished the tutorial fort. I played 2 years with 1/2 speed, so I had about 4 normal ingame years of time. I think I managed to give people a decent introduction. Together with tutorial fort, manual and the flowchart, I hope that humans will be easier to get into than the Warlocks or Gnomes.

You can find the fort here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141663.0

I also uploaded the save, for people that want to continue the story. I did note down several things I want to change, which is what I will do tomorrow. After that is manuals, manuals, release. :)

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 04, 2014, 03:11:11 pm »

I'm having a slight issue with dumping items in the most recent Human release. When I designate a garbage dump and order items to be dumped, they never are. I've tried different sizes of garbage dump, from 1x1 all the way up to 10x10, but they are never completed. All the humans have all hauling labors enabled and there are idlers.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

Your work orders. Your humans ignore refuse that is outside.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37