Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69976 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 24 - FLOWCHART and building graphics.
« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »

design outline written down, as in "could be send to me in a PM" ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2014, 01:21:27 pm »

design outline written down, as in "could be send to me in a PM" ?

On paper, but yes i could type it up easily enough :)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2014, 01:29:21 pm »

I suspect it's on the back of a bar napkin right now. :)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2014, 01:37:19 pm »

Ok, I'll spill my idea for a Plump Helmet Man myconid civilization. :)

They create large underground farms where they grow specific plants. The plants are not cooked or distilled, but then used in reactions to create more plump helmet men and also individual castes, as well as used in reactions to create "spells".

They tend to use poisons heavily and have a thriving apothecary-geared civ.

The silly Plump Helmet Man "fun" thing got me thinking about that ... if they rebel then they must have intelligence and if they have intelligence then they have a civ. So what sort of civ thrives down there with them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #499 on: August 02, 2014, 01:51:00 pm »

Man, I always wanted to make a small, easter-egg race. Axolotlmen or Plump Helmet men were my choices...

Btw, I got something new for you guys: How about more easily readable item descriptions? They have linebreaks now, instead of a wall of text.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:00:41 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 02, 2014, 01:58:21 pm »

Readable text? Whoa, bud. That's getting crazy.  :)

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 02, 2014, 02:01:02 pm »

The silly Plump Helmet Man "fun" thing got me thinking about that ... if they rebel then they must have intelligence and if they have intelligence then they have a civ. So what sort of civ thrives down there with them.

Riverrun had a Plump Helmet Man mayor for a while :D
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #502 on: August 02, 2014, 02:01:34 pm »

Dev Log - Day 25

I fixed the torches, finished the military castes, the garrison, tested, packed and uploaded V.1 of the humans. I started a thread for a succession fort that I plan to start tomorrow. You can find it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141663.0

New additions are:
Military Garrison

Ring the alarm to wake up sleepers and stop parties. Good to get ready for attacks.

You can train civilians to become a guard or marksman. This costs 2500 gold and changes their caste. Guards learn armor and shield twice as fast and improved willpower, toughness and recuperation. Marksmen learn ranged weapon skills twice as fast and have improved focus and recuperation, as well as an improved range of 5 tiles. Both can enter martial trances and like fighting.

Civilians can also become a squire. This is free, but squires do not learn any skills but combat skills. They get 1 free skill increase in all combat skills, leadership and military tactics, can enter martial trances and like fighting. They learn all combat skills twice as fast. After 2 years they will transform into a knight.

Knights have increased strength, toughness and endurance, get 2 free skill increases in all combat skills and heal slightly faster. After 2 years they transform into paladins.

Paladins get another 2 free skill increases in all combat skills, all the boni that knights had, and feel no fear, exertion or pain. They will never flee and fight to the death.

I meddled a bit with an idea by scamtank, about adding tags with the string dump replaces, which results in readable item descriptions, coins, engravings...

I added IndigoFenix script: timestream, which allows to control the game speed. More on that in the manual, once its done.

You can get V1 either here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8735 or at the first page of this thread. Please let me know your ideas for the tutorial fort, which I will start soon. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:03:45 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 25 - FINAL HUMAN RELEASE and GAME SPEED!
« Reply #503 on: August 02, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »

PS: Knights and Paladins need about an ingame week to transform, thats leftover from testing. The test reaction in the still are still there as well.

PPS: Found a bug: Units that use trueTransform dont get the natural skills of the new unit. Even though a squire has the natural skills, a human that is transformed into a squire wont get them. -.-

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 02, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »

Time to take me some break then and see if I can't make a decent human village this time.

without poo-flinging monkey attacks 3 times a year.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 02, 2014, 03:40:30 pm »

Meph - Were you planning on allowing some sort of trade based coin production? I've been looking through and every method I've seen is cash-negative. There is no value on labor for selling really. Even the clothing merchant now is only revenue neutral when turning bought thread into clothing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #506 on: August 02, 2014, 05:37:23 pm »

Meph - Were you planning on allowing some sort of trade based coin production? I've been looking through and every method I've seen is cash-negative. There is no value on labor for selling really. Even the clothing merchant now is only revenue neutral when turning bought thread into clothing.
I tried to avoid leaving exploits open, with 2 merchants next to each other, a workstep or two, netting you unlimited gold. If I understand you correctly you want to buy something, refine it, and sell it for higher profit. That should be possible, but only in very rare cases that I missed. Selling finished weapons and armors should be good.

Buying pets, butchering them, making leather, meat, clothing, bone-items... that could also work.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 02, 2014, 06:00:01 pm »

My economic model:

Hunt - Sell meat and leather
Farm - Set aside special farms and sell a specific type of alcohol (you could sell them all, but why bother?)

This will have you ROLLING in cash. (Unlike in real life, where farming is the best method to go broke.)

Sometimes for fast infusions of cash, I use prepared food to buy cloth and booze from caravans and then turn around and sell that too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #508 on: August 02, 2014, 06:03:36 pm »

So... drinks and plants produce too much money you say?

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 02, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »

So... drinks and plants produce too much money you say?

Absolutely not. :)

And it fits your idea of being a castle or outpost. We would be expected to provide not only for ourselves, but to contribute to the greater human economy as a whole.

I simply save crafted goods for the caravan where I will get a price bump in accordance to my skill, and sell raw materials to the merchant stalls who don't care about quality.

I've managed to get some villages so far that actually produced nothing on their own once they got rolling. They survived by simply buying and selling.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37