Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40187 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC
« Reply #540 on: June 22, 2014, 02:25:20 pm »

And if he fails his check, he gets to eat the rest of us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 22, 2014, 02:27:13 pm »

Eh, i'll probably get some minor manifestations too, only 50 exp a pop. I can use them to Telepathically make you all nicer, for example. Nice and compliant, at least.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2014, 02:29:11 pm »

You could just try not being a dick to the nice girl who's cooking for 10 people without asking for anything in return you know :P it's considered polite.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2014, 02:46:43 pm »

Or the psyker could cook.

Maybe I like cooking, huh? I have the ability to make fire with my mind and all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2014, 02:49:18 pm »

Liking to cook and actually being able to cook are 2 different things. Also, warp powered cooking? I'd rather not eat heretical food.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2014, 02:52:41 pm »

But it's delicious Khorne Flakes. Part of a balanced Breakthingsfast.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2014, 02:57:32 pm »

You could just try not being a dick to the nice girl who's cooking for 10 people without asking for anything in return you know :P it's considered polite.

ON the manual you sent me it has a quote from a imperial officer saying "He ate all three of my rations! but damn is he a good shot!" or something similar.

Also unfortunately 40k is VERY unforgiving (what my friends say) to whoever said they could overwhelm a Khorne berserk.

If we're at ground zero I'd quite like it. It'd probably turn into a hit and run mission to bite pieces off and stay alive long enough for reinforcements to arrive. That'd be a pretty fun mission.

That scenario would be pretty awesome. While we're fighting off Chaos orcs could be thrown into the mix (i heard orcs in this universe come from asteroids) and make it a thriple threat fight to the death. I'm not being sarcastic it's just going to be one of those heart pounding experiences.

Example of what could happen: We're fighting off wave after wave of Choas forces while orcs come out of nowhere and break up one of their assualts. Then after days of starving in the hills the orcs assault us and they succede to get into melee with us. Suddenly as it looks as if were about to lose Choas comes in and attacks both sides again but causes confusion.

As the Brave imperium we decide to "tactically" retreat since our commissariats were too busy being dead and continue to have a guirilla war against both sides.

or we die WAAAAY before that  ;D
This games so brutal that way.

But it's delicious Khorne Flakes. Part of a balanced Breakthingsfast.

HERESY CALL THE COMMESARIOT!

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2014, 03:00:30 pm »

Chaos marines don't come in large numbers. More like fighting off wave after wave of orks and chaos comes in.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 03:02:21 pm by PewdsRocks »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 22, 2014, 03:00:48 pm »

My grammar nazi senses are tingling.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2014, 03:11:41 pm »

Chaos marines don't come in large numbers. More like fighting off wave after wave of orks and chaos comes in.
CSMs don't come in large numbers however their thralls, and cultists sure as hell do.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 22, 2014, 03:14:35 pm »

True, but the thralls and cultists die when you shoot them in the face and it generally just seems more likely to be hordes of orks and a few marines then hordes of marines and a few orks.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 22, 2014, 03:32:39 pm »

True, but the thralls and cultists die when you shoot them in the face and it generally just seems more likely to be hordes of orks and a few marines then hordes of marines and a few orks.

What's tougher to fight orcs or chaos?

An dude they ever have in fighting?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 22, 2014, 03:33:46 pm »

Chaos by orders of magnitude.

And the Orks are at war amongst themselves as often as with the rest of us. They're split into who knows how many clans all fighting each other and everybody else.
Different chaos cults fight amongst each other as well to prove themselves to whichever daemon they worship.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 03:39:22 pm by PewdsRocks »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 22, 2014, 03:48:31 pm »

Chaos by orders of magnitude.

And the Orks are at war amongst themselves as often as with the rest of us. They're split into who knows how many clans all fighting each other and everybody else.
Different chaos cults fight amongst each other as well to prove themselves to whichever daemon they worship.
Heh, actually, it depends on how you're talking about it. 1v1? Yes, the average Daemon or Chaos Marine is way harder than the average Ork. But as a whole? They're about equally hard to scrub a world clean of, and a strong enough Warboss can give a Daemon Prince a run for his money.

But yeah, unless you're fighting a sizable WAAAGH!, then you should be alright. As much as any Imperial Guardsmen regiment, anyway. With Chaos, they might manage to summon a Greater Daemon or something, and then you're boned!

But in any case, I would say tyranids are the toughest enemies to fight on a strategic level. They never stop coming. Ever.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #554 on: June 22, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »

What's tougher to fight orcs or chaos?
They're both pretty deadly, but Chaos is far tougher once you factor in their advantage when it comes to their warp powers. Ork Wierdboyz can be pretty devastating, but they don't like using their powers because it causes them so much pain. You don't see them much. Chaos sorcery on the other hand is insanely powerful since they don't need to worry about many of the dangers that usually come with being a psyker.

Chaos have many different cults and when they're not faffing about in the Eye they fight each other a lot. The only time Orks aren't fighting one another is when they're all dead, even while they're fighting something else.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49