Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 367660 times)

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2015, 11:52:24 pm »

Well, gee thanks, now I've purchased my ''They lived happily ever after in Roomcarnage'' t-shirt and it was all for nothing!

I don't expect a nice end... but we can hope no?  What is Roomcarnage without hope?!?   ;)
hamster cheese supplies are low

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2015, 02:46:23 am »

DS, say Roomcarnage falls around the time the new release is out (and begins to be stable), do you plan to start a new playthrough?
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2015, 03:07:09 pm »

Well, gee thanks, now I've purchased my ''They lived happily ever after in Roomcarnage'' t-shirt and it was all for nothing!

I don't expect a nice end... but we can hope no?  What is Roomcarnage without hope?!?   ;)

It's actually just Roomcarnage.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2015, 03:38:13 pm »

DS, say Roomcarnage falls around the time the new release is out (and begins to be stable), do you plan to start a new playthrough?

I do plan on starting another story, yes. It is doubtful that I will begin a new tale anytime soon after Roomcarnage finally crumbles to its end. If Roomcarnage is anything like Weatherwires, I will probably be burnt out when it finishes.

But yes. There will be more.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2015, 10:37:28 pm »

I do plan on starting another story, yes. It is doubtful that I will begin a new tale anytime soon after Roomcarnage finally crumbles to its end. If Roomcarnage is anything like Weatherwires, I will probably be burnt out when it finishes.

But yes. There will be more.

Breaks between stories are healthy I think - you get a rest, and time can lead to more creativity later on. I don't write these stories, but I GM games and I put a lot of effort into them.  After a campaign, I usually take a year long break.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2015, 08:30:07 am »

this fortressed a)failed or b)stiill going?

a) can i have last save?
b)msg me
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2015, 10:03:04 pm »

a) can i have last save?
b)msg me

Still going!

Yes, it's been about a month and a half since my last update. I've been quite busy with work - but hopefully now that the semester is over I'll be able to devote more time to storytelling. The singular reason why there's been such a delay is save corruption - after I finished recording the chapter, and had gotten about halfway through the writing, I discovered that the new save file had been made unusable. As a result, I was forced to revert to a recent autosave - not a huge loss, but I had to trash a sizable portion of my narration, which was pretty disheartening. I still haven't gotten around to re-recording the section of the chapter that needs to be replaced - I'm planning on getting to that soon, though.

So, Gwolfski, I'll include the most recent autosave when I release the next chapter.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:47:59 pm by DS »
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2015, 09:25:53 pm »

I can't wait for you to add to this! I've only read six chapters, but i have a whole summer to catch up!
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 28, 2015, 02:20:20 pm »

a) can i have last save?
b)msg me

Still going!

Yes, it's been about a month and a half since my last update. I've been quite busy with work - but hopefully now that the semester is over I'll be able to devote more time to storytelling. The singular reason why there's been such a delay is save corruption - after I finished recording the chapter, and had gotten about halfway through the writing, I discovered that the new save file had been made unusable. As a result, I was forced to revert to a recent autosave - not a huge loss, but I had to trash a sizable portion of my narration, which was pretty disheartening. I still haven't gotten around to re-recording the section of the chapter that needs to be replaced - I'm planning on getting to that soon, though.

So, Gwolfski, I'll include the most recent autosave when I release the next chapter.

Ouch!  That is indeed frustrating... but I hope you can forge ahead.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 28, 2015, 02:58:46 pm »

a) can i have last save?
b)msg me

Still going!

Ouch!  That is indeed frustrating... but I hope you can forge ahead.

I must. Roomcarnage is certainly the greatest story I've ever written, and it deserves to be completed. The dwarves of the Momentous Dye have a fate to fulfill, and I will ensure that it eventually befalls them.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 28, 2015, 06:51:53 pm »

What is that other tileset/renderer that you use?

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 28, 2015, 08:51:26 pm »

I definitely haven't used any tilesets other than the default rectangular ASCII. The isometric visualizer, which I haven't used in some time, is Stonesense. The 3D renders I use for the chapter headers are created with Fortress Overseer.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 28, 2015, 08:56:34 pm »

Oh, ok, its called stone sense.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 28, 2015, 10:31:48 pm »

I must. Roomcarnage is certainly the greatest story I've ever written, and it deserves to be completed. The dwarves of the Momentous Dye have a fate to fulfill, and I will ensure that it eventually befalls them.
Hear, hear! Hear, hear!

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2015, 05:24:52 pm »

I'm sorry, but, not to take away from roomcarnage, but weatherwires was amazingly good
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44