Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer  (Read 79883 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2014, 04:31:22 pm »

I think you only start missing off a very small subselection of parts. The story missions give you a billion points though, so just do one or two of those. Creative mode takes FOREVER to level up.

Pretty bad game design decision, but hey!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2014, 04:51:18 pm »

In facty you start out with 90% of the block unlocked, only some high end defensive items are locked away in the campaign such sa the Heat decoy and the laser point defense thingy and the huge propeller. Campaign mission arent that hard to do once you figure out how to do them, i mean, one mission has use fly 2 airplane to take out a sam site, i scrapped both design and went in the mission with a small ship armed with tons of missiles.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2014, 07:39:13 pm »

Got it on the bundle, and question time: Is there a way to cheat for the unlocks? I want to play a bit around with the creative mode without having to grind for a bunch of pieces (who the fuck was the "genius" that decided that the pieces should be locked even in the creative mode? :P ).

Ya it is very stupid, but the missions used to unlock them are really easy.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2014, 08:24:03 pm »

Question on designing stuff: Is there a way to make the center of mass visible? Having quite a lot of trouble trying to create stable maritime vehicles.

Is there a way to make sky fortresses move faster? Kinda annoying to relocate them as necessary.

What would be the best "design a missile" tutorial there is?

Is there a way to disconnect weapon aim from the mouse without deleting the weapon's console? Would like to use AI to fire my turreted weapons, but it's annoying that I can't quite look around without it throwing away its aim.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2014, 08:30:50 pm »

I think it always it, try shrinking the blocks.

Nope. They are a build and leave thing.

As far as I know, Aavak's series on the game.

Just go to a weapon thing that isint linked to any guns.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2014, 08:35:51 pm »

Center of mass is always shown, but sadly the bigger the ship ship the more it shifts and is easily lost in all the blocks, even when shrinking blocks only help so much. What we need is a slider to show it like the weapon arc management when setting up firing arcs on weapons where you can oversize the markers. then as you see it you slowly shrink it while following it that would be kinda more helpfull.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2014, 07:47:12 am »

Well, I just downloaded it from Steam, but it crashes on loading, as soon as the music begins. I cannot into playable. Anyone happen to know how into playable?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2014, 07:59:08 am »

A friend of mine tried playing it for the first time last night, and it crashed at startup for them, too. Apparently it worked when launched in windowed mode, though. Might be worth a try.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2014, 09:01:04 am »

A friend of mine tried playing it for the first time last night, and it crashed at startup for them, too. Apparently it worked when launched in windowed mode, though. Might be worth a try.

Tried, same deal.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2014, 11:24:53 am »

the missions used to unlock them are really easy.
Lies I tell you!
They're only easy if you work around how they were intended to be beaten.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2014, 01:22:38 pm »

Lies I tell you!

*wink*
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2014, 01:53:24 pm »

Lies I tell you!
Well if there is a wall and im on a car, i could try to go trough and survive or i can be wiser and move around it :).

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2014, 01:59:28 pm »

Now that they patched my CTD issues, I'm finding it really damn fun to design stuff. Anyone up for some co-op designing/testing?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:45 am »

Bought this yesterday. Figuring outs things.

How does one AI? Is there a written tutorial? I don't like them video tutorials.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2014, 11:17:32 am »

Bought this yesterday. Figuring outs things.

How does one AI? Is there a written tutorial? I don't like them video tutorials.
You wire the AI to stuff then stick all of the AI cards in and hope you picked the right ones.
Or you could learn what they do if you're into that kind of stuff I guess.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33