Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel and how do you respond to the following situation?

Screw the guy. Lie and say that he's a drug user - he certainly doesn't deserve the money.
- 0 (0%)
You can't believe this guy is getting this sort of opporunity while you have to keep busking. Grudgingly admit that he's clean, but warn the woman that he doesn't deserve the money.
- 8 (11.3%)
Good riddance. Tell the woman he's clean and be glad to be rid of him. At least you'll be bringing in a bit more money now.
- 23 (32.4%)
Happy. It's obvious the guy wasn't going to make it the way he was going, and you benefit from this as well, so you have no problem letting her know he's clean.
- 34 (47.9%)
Other (please specify)
- 5 (7%)
(New Option) Fuck this asshole! Plant some drugs in his bag, and tell the woman he's got drugs on him right now. Then call the cops and have the guy arrested. Problem Solved.
- 1 (1.4%)
(New Option) I want this jerk to feel like shit. Tell the woman he's a druggie and send her on her way. Then tell the guy what you did, rub it in, and hope he takes the hint and gets off your turf.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A question of values - what would you do if someone else would benefit?  (Read 2786 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I voted Happy, though Good Riddance also qualifies. I'm not one for seriously considering petty spitefulness and from the description I figure he might have a mental disability of some kind so I'm happy that he's getting some care when he clearly needs it. Do I think both of them are bigoted against drug-users and judge them for it? Hell yeah. But ultimately I just want him out of the way.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It was a joke. I thought the concept of making a living busking with a kazoo made that clear.
I have heard some absolutely amazing kazoo in my life, so not so much :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Other - Tell her that as far as I know, I've never seen him do drugs and that's all the proof I have. /Mathematician'sAnswer
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

GlyphGryph, were you really expecting something else from the results?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Other - Tell her that as far as I know, I've never seen him do drugs and that's all the proof I have. /Mathematician'sAnswer
Yeah that'd be my second choice. Spiced with a hint of "possibly", "I dunno" and a dash of "whatever".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the real point of this question is to inspire us all to become buskers and perform together. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Just the facts. I don't feel like lying just to get back at him at my own expense, too. It's like seeing a random guy winning the lottery except you have the opportunity to make there be a chance he won't win it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I have to confess, I have no idea what busking is and as such I cannot fully imagine myself in this hypothetical situation.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Playing instruments on a street, hoping people tip you money.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course I'd tell the truth regardless of any self serving motives. The philantropist has her reasons for doing what she does, lying in this case would be nothing short of manipulative. So I'd say the guy told me he's averse to drug use and haven't seen him use and that's that, doesn't matter if I hate the guy or wish him all the best.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Good Riddance (leaning towards spite). I value getting stupid fucks out of my life more than I value money or fairness.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:13:30 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, my expectations were slightly different than the results that came back. I'll wait until I get results back from other places before doing a more thorough analysis though.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Actually, my expectations were slightly different than the results that came back. I'll wait until I get results back from other places before doing a more thorough analysis though.
Really? O.o The "tell the trut" thing is the most rational choice and the most moral choice, too, so it kinda seems obvious. You pay nothing for the opportunity to restore your income, and it's also the right thing to do. Of course, maybe you spite the guy, but he didn't really do much to you other than exist.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

The obvious answer to this is murder.
Of the other dude because he's annoying, and the philanthropist to take that sweet cash for yourself. :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The way the situation was phrased, I can't help but think it's based on something that actually happened and has been recast for the purposes of internet opinions.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4