Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up  (Read 14896 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 09:41:04 am »

IIRC, the max amount of units is equal to the strength of the ship. So yeah, the worldships will need to be overwhelmed.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 09:43:01 am »

Ouch so once I have the income your need to transport 100 units just to have a chance.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 09:55:25 am »

Not nessecairilly. First, I'm not sure if I'm correct, and secondly, we don't have to assault all ships at the same time.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 10:00:48 am »

True but they're in a fleet, if you don't hit them all even if you overwhelm one I have 4 armies ready to wipe out your survivors and reclaim the ship straight away.
Assuming your right about the boarding anyway.

But I don't plan to get involved in wars at all any time soon.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:06:48 am by PewdsRocks »

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 10:07:09 am »

True but they're in a fleet, if you don't hit them all even if you overwhelm one I have 4 armies ready to wipe out your survivors and reclaim the ship straight away.

But I don't plan to get involved in wars at all any time soon.
Are they just going to stay in a fleet all the time?  Isn't it more efficient to split off ships to go collect resources elsewhere at any given time?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 10:10:54 am »

actually its not that hard to overhelm a Worldship. a Battleship can transport up to 100 Divisions of Troops so you can transport quite the amount.

More Specifically:

Strength 4 Ship = 1 Division
Strength 5 Ship = 2 Divisions
Strength 6 Ship = 5 Divisions
Strength 7 Ship = 10 Divisions
Strength 8 Ship = 20 Divisions
Strength 9 Ship = 50 Divisions
Strength 10 Ship = 100 Divisions

And yes like every player it is possible to build Fortresses even on unsettled worlds, to claim their Strategic Resources. Although no matter how many you build as long as there is no population you will get at most 1 Unit of that Resource. Extremely High Level Research of your Worldships will allow you to strip resources from planets and cultivate them on your worldships.
EDIT: Scratch that. AS long as your Worldship is in orbit around the planet with the resource and it belongs to no one or you have built a FOrtress on it you can farm/mine/exploit Special Resources just like everybody else, however once your ship moves away from there you will lose that resource immediately.

You start like every other player with 5 population by the way.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:13:11 am by Ghazkull »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 10:13:20 am »

Traxis I - Forge World
Traxis II - Agri World
Traxis III - Agri World
Traxis IV - Hub World
Traxis V - Administrative World

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 10:17:18 am »

Oh so each of mine can hold 200 divisions. Well I may not be able to attack but I can certainly create the mother of all defenses.

It would be more efficient but it's dangerous especially give how advanced my ships are. If one of you got hold of one it'd be a major shift in the balance of power.

1 unit of a resource from the fort is fine it's just for a little bonus income. But I'm producing 15 food for 5 pop so I can have a baby boom. 15 income so I can begin my research pretty quickly.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 10:18:22 am »

Is that 5 population per planet, or 5 planets with 1 pop each?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:40 am »

5 Planets with 5 Population each. And you can have more than 200 Divisions on a Worldship, infinitely as many actually. Downside is you can have no Fortresses and now Orbital Defenses or Automatic Defenses so it will basically be a Pitched Battle.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 10:29:37 am »

Does it still have its own weapon systems like a normal ship? Oh darn 15 food for 25 population. I'm gonna need to research better ways of making food.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2014, 10:30:55 am »

I don't think that's how it works actually.

Question to make certain I don't do anything wrong. Tradegoods only work if send to another faction/player, right?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:32:55 am by 10ebbor10 »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 11:25:46 am »

TO the Rest(Varee and TopHat): You should work on your applications, specifically grammar and spelling. Your applications have been declined for now.
I can't really spot any major errors in that regard. Is there anything I'm not seeing, or are just general improvements needed?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2014, 11:46:47 am »

of note: I likely won't be able to play from tomorrow until next Tuesday. I may be able to, but don't be surprised if I can't.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2014, 12:03:57 pm »

Yes ebbor Tradegoods work only if they come from another faction or player, via trade, presents or simple raids.

Top Hat:
"went from strength to strength" - is as far as i know a nonexistant expression. Correct me if im wrong there but it doesnt make much sense.
"powers and influence grew with it" - power and influence not powers.
"Hostile, Intelligent, Alien, life." - sounds really weird. The entire sentence here would do without commas, plus i would formulate it differently.
"was declared, and a unified" - before an and you need no comma
"this privilage" - this privilege.

These are the ones i found on a cursory glance. But overall your way of writing seems to contain a lot of hacked off sentences. It's not entirely bad, your basic idea is good, but all in all the thing needs to be written with full sentences and a few less commas and Kleist-like sentences. You don't happen to be German by any chance? Because the weird kind of nesting is something Germans, myself included, are prone to do.
I hope you don't mistake this as a personal attack, it is just some Criticism you might want to work on. Nobody's spelling and grammar (apart from a few exceptions) is perfect here, but it needs to be readable to others without turning into a job.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22