Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up  (Read 14865 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 04:59:22 pm »

OKay lets see: Sorry No Minor Factions. You can still tell me your idea though i'd be interested. THe Game however is already complicated enough as it is and i dread the idea of adding even more moving parts (read player minor factions) to it.

Yes Hiveworlds are something rather...unique. They are supposed to be still useful but less so. And Hubworlds may have production through trade goods which are sent there. While they usually double anything, in the case of a 0 Rating it will be upgraded to 1.
And no you cannot change the fact that a planet grows by no more than 2 every turn. This is to prevent players from directing 20 food at a newly colonized world to get 20 population or something
If you migrate population off the planet then they are gone and thats that. Planet still won't grow more than two population.
FakeEDIT: Actually nevermind i see what you mean...i haven't been clear enough in the rules section.

Growth means here invested Units of Food. So you may not invest more than two units of food per turn on population growth. Hiveworlds obviously are more useful that way. Gonna update rules soonish on them to make them a) more useful and b) more annoying at the same time.

Rolepgeek, while i appreciate the effort you have put into the app, please, please less races. With the Minor Factions coming in the galaxy will alredy be overcrowded with all kinds of aliens, so keep it reasonable and don't use more than 3 or 4 races for your starting realm, i promise to integrate some or all of the races not in your main empire as minor factions into the game, but we really dont need empires starting already with a full federation complement.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

Shouldn't growth be limited up to the worlds population bonus instead? At least to make hiveworlds somewhat useful.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 07:30:03 pm »

Alright. I'll take out wisps and dragons, since they were the least developed.
Eh, I have to take out one more...
Maybe humans, since they're less interesting?

Or Destrachen, since they're silicon-based.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 07:31:57 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 02:52:08 pm »

Okay wow quite a bunch of new faces there, ill wait with the final decision however until tazu and ardas have sent in their apps. Remember to finish your unifinished stuff ( i saw quite a lot of placeholders around)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 03:16:40 pm »

Should we have more than one race in our civilization, or is it okay that I only have one race across the five worlds?

Also, application updated slightly, put in child-rearing policies and whatnot.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 03:28:30 pm »

i actually would prefer a one-race policy, but since people seem enamoured with the idea of more races a maximum of 4 would be okay.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

I actually just jumped upon the multi race bandwagon. I think I'm going to rewrite my app to a single species one.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 03:37:08 pm »

Mine only has 1 race anyway. Mentions a second but they won't show up in game.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 04:53:01 am »

Okay elts see,

PewdsRocks, Ardas, Adwarf and Ebbor are also in.

Urgh and now it gets hard. Random.org choice between Taricus,Rolepgeek and 4maskwolf:
4maskwolf!

Taricus and Rolepgeek you are on the waitlist for now. Yes indeed dying empires will be replaced by newer ones. So Federations can actually annihilate warmongering races until they manage to form a 4 player alliance and Warmongering Races can annihilate their 5 Mandatory other Races.

TO the Rest(Varee and TopHat): You should work on your applications, specifically grammar and spelling. Your applications have been declined for now.

To the Five who are in:
except for PewdsRocks each of you may choose the makeup of your five initial planets (Forgeworld, General World, Hubworld etc.).

Pewds Rocks starts out with a fleet of 5 Worldships(20 Strength, Pop Bonus: 1, All Other Boni: 3). I will also update Rules on Food, Worldships and Hive Worlds once i get back from Lectures.

Now before anyone mentions that Worldships are as good as Two Battleships in Combat and are better than any other world consider this: he cannot colonize any normal worlds and has to research for quite the while to even build a vastly inferior world ship. Also World Ships are not able to attack enemy planets or fleets. Plus they can be captured in Boarding Battles...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 04:57:56 am »

Do we start with any fleets or food reserves?

Otherwise choosing Forge, Hub or Hive worlds would be slightly suicidal, seeing as that would mean population starving on the first turn.

On another note, resources are stored per planet, right?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 05:11:04 am »

yep resources are stored per planet. You will however start with enough ships and stores to keep whatever weird constellation you have created alive for the first few turns.

If for example you start with 5 Forgeworlds i will put a Minor Faction next to your starting location which will Trade you enough food to sustain your population. So no worries about that.

EDIT: Forgot second question. Yes resources are stored per planet but can be transported around with Trade Fleets. So you may just aswell produce 10 Tradegoods on Omega 3 and sent it with 10 Fleets to Omega 2.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:16:33 am by Ghazkull »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 05:17:01 am »

2*Forgeworlds Pop Bonus: 1, Production Modifier: 5, Food Modifier: 0, Tax Modifier: 2, Influence Modifier: 1

1*Agri Worlds Pop Bonus: 1, Production Modifier: 0,5, Food Modifier: 5, Tax Modifier: 0,5, Influence Modifier: 2

1*Administrative World  Pop Bonus: 1, Production Modifier: 1, Food Modifier: 1, Tax Modifier: 3, Influence Modifier: 3

1*Hub Worlds Pop Bonus: 2, Production Modifier 0, Food Modifier:0, Tax Modifier 2, Influence Modifier 5

Do you want a description for each of these planets?

EDIT: Forgot second question. Yes resources are stored per planet but can be transported around with Trade Fleets. So you may just aswell produce 10 Tradegoods on Omega 3 and sent it with 10 Fleets to Omega 2.
Only if you're not in control of one of those planets, IIRC.
Trade Goods are produced with Spare Production and can only be sent to foreign Nations

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 05:29:53 am »

Uhm no description needed, but i need some names otherwise i will name them randomly.

Same goes for Troops and Ships, if you dont name them i will if i need to.

Ships generally follow the following Build Doctrine for those who are interested:

Strength 1: Corvette
Strength 2: Light Frigate
Strength 3: Frigate
Strength 4: Heavy Frigate
Strength 5: Destroyer
Strength 6: Light Cruiser
Strength 7: Cruiser
Strength 8: Heavy Cruiser
Strenght 9: Battlecruiser
Strength 10: Battleship/Carrier
Strength 20: Worldship

Ground Units will be handled in any structure you want them. Otherwise i will make something up to for easier recognition and handling for me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 08:58:49 am »

Drae: administrative world
Na: agri world
Ur: forge world
Nox: agri world
Drax: forge world

How should we build our initial fleet and whatnot?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 09:25:04 am »

So my ships are like Jack of all trades world's? Each ship can do a bit of everything but less effectively then a real specialized world?

Also, what's the max population for a worldship and can I create small outposts on planets and asteroids and stuff to harvest resources once I have the tech?

How would a boarding battle on a worldship work? I mean I could have like 100 military units on it. Would they have to overwhelm every unit or what?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:35:59 am by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22