Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild  (Read 15883 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2014, 03:56:33 pm »

((Ok, I gonna go sleep for now, tomorrow I'll go see How to Train Your Dragon 2 and then we continue.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2014, 03:58:51 pm »

Get in, worrying if I made the right choice.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2014, 05:57:16 pm »

Oscar snaps off a salute

"At your command, Sir"

Get moolah, attach chevrons in the correct place on my uniform. Then get into the driver's seat and follow the Decimus' directions

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2014, 06:26:44 pm »

Waitlist please.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:13 am »

Sit up front and.observe our driver, try to learn how to drive by studying how he does.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2014, 08:51:34 am »

Oscar snaps off a salute

"At your command, Sir"

Get moolah, attach chevrons in the correct place on my uniform. Then get into the driver's seat and follow the Decimus' directions

- Fine. I'll tell you where to go. We are about to catch up with the column until we leave Empire.

Before Alexis takes her place, he jumps in right after Oscar.
The free space in trunk is filled with crates. Some of them marked as munitions, some marked as canned food. Under this whole pile a longer crate can be seen, though you cannot see any markings defining what it contains yet.
Oscar turns the key given by Decimus, and after a truck starts it's engine. You are not sure where were you supposed to go from a room which only exit seemed to be a staircase.

- Now push the honk and observe.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2014, 10:07:15 am »

"roger that"
push honk, observe, follow further instructions

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2014, 10:43:50 am »

The roof over the truck slides back, letting the sunlight and fresh air in. Truck turns to stand on some kind of pad, and now is slowly rising up. When you reach the surface, you find yourself on the enourmously large backyard of the colossal building of War Office. Around there is plkenty of noise: Alll around you the trucks are going up as your own. For a moment, all of them stand without a move with their engines roaring. Finally, you spot the movement on the other side of this huge backyard - the column starts moving. Finally, it is your turn to move.

- Now, follow the truck in front of you. As simple as that by now. In fact, this is what we do for next three days. We'll only stop twice a day for half an hour. Enjoy your trip through this chunk of Empire.

And off you go. The trucks in the column go in tight formation. Considering the fact that truck's cabin is narrower than it's wheel frame and, therefore, trunk, you gouys on the back can see folks in the trucks behind you. In one of those, there are four men in military uniforms, mostly smoking and watching forward. You guess those are former soldiers as Oscar. On the other truck visible there are two dwarves, an elf in extremely worn mundane clothes and an ugly man with grim face expression wearing some kind of thick leather coat.
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2014, 11:21:55 am »

Oscar wriggles around in his seat until he's comofrtable.

"Three days of driving in a column. Sounds peachy. Here's hoping we don't run into too many angry locals along the way"

Stay in formation and follow the truck in front of me

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2014, 11:23:02 am »

Wave.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2014, 11:45:08 am »

Oscar wriggles around in his seat until he's comofrtable.

"Three days of driving in a column. Sounds peachy. Here's hoping we don't run into too many angry locals along the way"

Stay in formation and follow the truck in front of me

- There should be a machinegun with munitions and mounting devices in the back in trunk. Of every truck. But angry locals is exactly what we are about to rush into when we leave the Empire's borders. We are allowed to fire at will by any non-human being. Human settlements, if met, negotiated to admit Empire's reign. Results reported, whatever they be. Any abandoned objects and structures should be reported as well. Which reminds me...
He opens the door and protrude outside the cabin, then watches up. Satisfied with whatever he saw, he gets back in cabin. Something like a grin is on his whole face.
- That is symbolic. Look up there.
Above the column the ravens are flying. Quite a lot of them.
- Those are supposed to be our messengers. More like a symbol of dead men's march to me.

Wave.
The elf seems to mention your waving. At least he thought somehow it was adressed to him. He waves you back.
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »

"Yeah, we all became dead men walking when we joined the army. There ain't no retirement for a soldier, after all."

Oscar glances into his rear view mirror, looking at the people in the back of the trucks, then drops his voice so the people in the back couldn't hear him over the engine.

"Going to be honest here though, sir. I'm not entirely sure about all of these non-humans joined our little camping trip. Some of them might hold a bit of a grudge from the last war."

Keep on trucking in formation

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »

"Yeah, we all became dead men walking when we joined the army. There ain't no retirement for a soldier, after all."

Oscar glances into his rear view mirror, looking at the people in the back of the trucks, then drops his voice so the people in the back couldn't hear him over the engine.

"Going to be honest here though, sir. I'm not entirely sure about all of these non-humans joined our little camping trip. Some of them might hold a bit of a grudge from the last war."

Keep on trucking in formation

Grin widens on Decimus's face. He lows down his voice and replies:
- I get things straight to you. You appear to be a trusty fellow...[Pancaek goes for spoiler below, other carry on] and if all they want money, we have nothing to worry about. They need us alive to confirm their deeds then - that's what their contract says: "at least two human witnesses".
Spoiler: Heard only by Oscar (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »

(( Haha oh this guy is so dead. ))

Look in the unmarked box.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2014, 12:49:42 pm »

(( Haha oh this guy is so dead. ))

Look in the unmarked box.

You dig the unmarked box from the pile. Actually, there are markings on it - right on the top of it, you just couldn't see those before. It apppears to be a machinegun with munitions and accessories. ((You can read this on the box, did you open it?))
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16