Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild  (Read 15881 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 02:10:59 pm »

Alexis points at the lizards back while looking directly at the officers face.

"He's a coward, an outcast and an insult to my entire species. I won't stand in line with a dragonborn who has no honour. Just being in the same room as him taints me."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:42:20 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 02:16:30 pm »

"He's a coward, an outcast and an insult to my entire species. I won't stand in line with a dragonborn who has no honour. Just being in the same room as him taints me."

"I apologize in advance for speaking out of turn, sir, but I feel I must reply! May I, sir?" Lizard says to his commanding officer, then, if permission is granted, turns to the dragonlady. "Those secure in their honor have nothing to fear from the poor and the worthless, milady! I shall be like the wind, unseen and well-protected against with a small layer of clothing, I assure you! Does a beggar shame a knight by their presence? Does a prisoner shame their warden by association? I think not, for then my former wardens would have surely committed ritual suicide by now!"

Be ready to dodge! Dodge like the wind! Silently hope the commanding officer doesn't execute the shit-for-brains elf, since I need people to make me look good when I'm compared against them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:18:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 02:20:27 pm »

Oh dear. Day one and already the knife ears is getting arrogant. Splendid Oscar thought.

Keep standing at attention, don't mind the violence in the room

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 02:24:07 pm »

((By the way, I do understand this guy has fifteen layers of Plot Armour, I'm just trying to act as the character, even if it's stupid.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 02:26:40 pm »

Watch with detached interest - get out the popcorn, metaphorically speaking.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2014, 02:27:46 pm »

(( I'm struggling with Harry's character. IC I hate him, ooc he makes me laugh so much my sides hurt. ))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:40:07 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2014, 02:35:05 pm »

Alexis points at the lizards back while looking directly at the officers face.

- Accepted. Still line up in a moderate distance from Lizard, but near to your comrades when I command in future.

- You there, elf. What do you even know about our Auxiliary system. Do you know how much men like Oscar there are around? Do you know how many of you filthy xeno are skulking around in their puny attempt to have their citizenship? We are meat. Useless, crippled, rotten, thrown away to attract whatever beasts there are in the Wild in a last desperate effort to make this meat useful. That's what we are. Auxiliary Corps.

Now everybody listen. We are heading west, over the mountain chain that separates us from Wildlands, then forth until we reach The Teeth - another mountain chain on the other side of continent. While riding, we have to look for any potential threats and neutralise them at will, all the other issues we encounter will be reported to Auxiliary HQ separately. Further instructions will be given when we reach The Teeth. Understood?

((By the way, I do understand this guy has fifteen layers of Plot Armour, I'm just trying to act as the character, even if it's stupid.))
((Not like this guy has Plot Armor, he is just somewhat fourteen levels higher than you, in game terms.))

(( I'm struggling with Harry's character. IC I hate him, loc he makes me laugh so much my sides hurt. ))
((Harry keep doing what you do. This is truly awesome. You will be our spark of humor and optimism.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:38:34 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2014, 02:42:26 pm »

"Understood, sir."

Go where the officer tells me to. Also check exactly what kind of rifle I have and how much ammo I've got

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2014, 02:49:32 pm »

"Understood."

Don't stop smiling. Board the truck, inspect the wound.

((I have a plan to take it back to Decimus, but I'm not breaking the Unspoken Plan Guarantee just yet.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2014, 02:51:25 pm »

"Understood very clearly, sir!"

Follow the order-paved road to adventure. Stay ready to dodge at all times. If I get any free guns for the immense bravery of joining, rejoice!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2014, 03:05:24 pm »

"Understood, sir."

Go where the officer tells me to. Also check exactly what kind of rifle I have and how much ammo I've got

((Standart-issue rifle. Bolt action, rifled barrel, 5 bullets per clip, inadjustable iron sights, ramrod included. One clip loaded, three extra ones in your side pouches. Just the one you used to.))

"Understood."

Don't stop smiling. Board the truck, inspect the wound.

((I have a plan to take it back to Decimus, but I'm not breaking the Unspoken Plan Guarantee just yet.))
[edu:13] It is still bleeding, but not too much. Not like you are an expert in wound healing. You can manage to stop bleeding if you will tear some fabric strips, though.
((Try it anyway))

"Understood very clearly, sir!"

Follow the order-paved road to adventure. Stay ready to dodge at all times. If I get any free guns for the immense bravery of joining, rejoice!
((Most of mundane guns don't fit your hands, unfortunately. They haven't found a proper one for you. So they gave you an infantry-issued iron-headed club, like this.))

((ALL you guys were now just meant to confirm. Not going anywhere yet.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:08:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2014, 03:10:41 pm »

"Ok."
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2014, 03:19:03 pm »

((Sorry Helgoland, I think you just confirm without quarelling.))

- At ease. Now come and get your advance money and chevrons. Make sure you put them in a viewable place of your outfits, so officials pass us without stopping.

When done, Decimus glimpses the watches that turn out to be intergated in his left arm:

- Everyone to the trunk, now. Oscar! You said you served in panzer division. Can you drive this truck?
((Yes you can))
Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2014, 03:31:44 pm »

Calmly get the things. Attach the chevron on the front of the right shoulder on my cloak; it'd be covered on my shirt's sleeve. Hide the money, then reboard the truck.

((I'm starting to regret my choice of clothing, a cloak isn't very practical for military garb.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:51:30 pm by IcyTea31 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2014, 03:45:00 pm »

Follow in glorious calmness, obtain chevron and cash, put the former on my left sleeve, someplace on the forearm, and the latter in a secret place on my person where none will think to look.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16