Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53453 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2014, 02:20:01 am »

TolyK:
- 4mask randomvoted me when Toaster already had a "case" on me. - lazy
How is this lazy?  If it's a truly random vote, any other votes on you should be irrelevant.
The fact that it was a random vote when other people were already pressuring someone. I've always been barraged because of doing this, why can't I call this out?
If he did indeed randomly pick me (which is very likely, and I'm not saying that it's bad in itself if already randomly picking), he should've at least read your existing case on me, and then formed his own.

Quote from: Toaster
Who do you suspect most right now?  I see you call people suspicious but not bother to vote them- why?
I am suspicious of them, but I'm too worried about a D1-like finish to vote them.

Tolyk: I'll be very interested to hear your explanation, that's a lotta info out of nowhere.
As I said, I'll explain tomorrow, but if I die you'll have to take it for granted. You'll also see my role, which would help.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:31 am »

I need to leave to work now so a meaningful post will have to wait, but I do have a roleblock. PTDFun tried to use it on 4maskwolf, but was redirected to Hapah.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2014, 11:40:12 am »

Alright, I'd like to be protected this night for sure.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2014, 02:31:32 pm »

I need to leave to work now so a meaningful post will have to wait, but I do have a roleblock. PTDFun tried to use it on 4maskwolf, but was redirected to Hapah.
I see.  So you attempted to roleblock a claimed doctor?

Interesting.  My vote stays.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2014, 03:56:40 pm »

Rereading the thread, but claiming doctor means nothing. Roleblocking a third party claimer is a valid strategy. I'd also like to point out that Deathsword, being a replacement, can't justify the actions of his predecessor.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that you haven't put forward a case against Varee like I requested you too ("look at what he is posting" is not a case), and I fail to see much of a case against Deathsword/PTDfun from you either. Instead of pushing a lynch case against someone else and thereby saving yourself, you are instead the current votes on yourself. And instead of using that as a springboard to attack other players, your just passively calling them rubbish.

4maskwolf, if you were really trying to get killed by scum last night, why didn't you hide that you were a miller?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that you haven't put forward a case against Varee like I requested you too ("look at what he is posting" is not a case), and I fail to see much of a case against Deathsword/PTDfun from you either. Instead of pushing a lynch case against someone else and thereby saving yourself, you are instead the current votes on yourself. And instead of using that as a springboard to attack other players, your just passively calling them rubbish.

4maskwolf, if you were really trying to get killed by scum last night, why didn't you hide that you were a miller?
Oh, yes, the Varee thing.  I've launched a couple of salvoes, but I'm really not able to find much at all that I thought was there.  Spur of the moment being frustrated by what I saw as a stupid play.  Also, I just definitely got told: not all of what Varee said in the previous post was valid, but it was definitely a smack in the face because in some ways it is right.
Just because you don't understand my case doesn't make it invalid.  My case against PTDFun/Deathsword was the PTD avoided any sort of confrontation like the plague.  He made one vote day one, an RVS vote, and never weighed in on the major accusations of the time (against me and Flabort) despite having posted during that time period.
I am pushing a lynch case, but not enough people are playing to actually get that case moved anywhere.
To answer your question: because I knew exactly how it would play out if I didn't claim miller that night and I wasn't killed.  Someone would inspect me, I would show scum, I would be called out on it, I would have to claim it, and nobody would believe me because I didn't claim the night before, so I would look like a scum caught in the act.  I didn't see claiming miller making a difference between sucking a nightkill and not, so I claimed my full abilities, plus something to make me look more threatening to scum.

There's got to be someone out there with a vigilante power: why don't you just kill me tonight?  Frees up your lynch and works whether I am telling the truth or lying.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 10, 2014, 04:36:10 pm »

I didn't, PTDFun did and I can't fathom what crossed his mind. Maybe he doubted your claim, maybe he chose at random. I cannot know.

There's got to be someone out there with a vigilante power: why don't you just kill me tonight?  Frees up your lynch and works whether I am telling the truth or lying.
That seems like an excellent idea. Unless you are scum and one of your buddies has a protect, which would result in you still being alive next day. Nice try 4maskwolf
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2014, 04:38:27 pm »

That seems like an excellent idea. Unless you are scum and one of your buddies has a protect, which would result in you still being alive next day. Nice try 4maskwolf
...I had actually never considered scum having protects...

Also, I have the protect, bud.  If I'm scum, do you really think two members of the scumteam would have protects.

Also, state your case.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2014, 04:47:28 pm »

...I had actually never considered scum having protects...

Also, I have the protect, bud.  If I'm scum, do you really think two members of the scumteam would have protects.

Also, state your case.
You say you have a protect. You could be lying for all we know and one of your buddies has it instead. My case is that you are trying to divert the lynch from yourself and onto somebody else, knowing that you will survive the night.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2014, 06:44:00 pm »

You say you have a protect. You could be lying for all we know and one of your buddies has it instead. My case is that you are trying to divert the lynch from yourself and onto somebody else, knowing that you will survive the night.
This sounds like a needlessly complicated string of contingency plans.  So you're saying that I, as scum, decided to add several contingencies to allow me claim martyr if I got counterclaimed by the survivor when I didn't know there was a survivor in play (how could I have, it was day 1)?  I actually had the same thinking as Toaster that there would not be more than two third parties, and so I would have had to go out of my way to try and plan for what could be seen as a nonexistent possible necessity.  I would like to apply Occam's Razor to this, and the most likely conclusion is that I am what I say, with no contingencies.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 10, 2014, 06:53:14 pm »

@4mask
I feel like you keep making up excuses, whatever excuse that might keep you from dying. it sound so desperate and lack luster. Also it is something a person lying would do.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 10, 2014, 07:00:47 pm »

@4mask
I feel like you keep making up excuses, whatever excuse that might keep you from dying. it sound so desperate and lack luster. Also it is something a person lying would do.
What do you view as excuses of my words?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2014, 07:15:32 pm »

@4mask
What do you view as excuses of my words?
Well day one you make excuse about not reading wincon, being thrid party and helping town
now you are going on about scum and their ability and Spur of the moment
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 10, 2014, 08:40:08 pm »

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Deathsword - notquitethere, 4maskwolf (2)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - EPenguin, Toaster, Varee, Persus13, Deathsword (5)
Not Voting: TolyK, MyOwnWorstEnemy, and Hapah

Day 2 ends 1:00 AM PST Friday, July 11th (6 and a half hours from now), or upon hammer (6 votes).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 10, 2014, 08:54:45 pm »

Persus:
Extend. Right now I'm suspicious of 4maskwolf, but the lack of defenders on him by anyone except the very person who claimed and voiced his concerns about 4mask in the first place is concerning.

Could you expand on this?
No one is pushing a case on someone that isn't 4mask besides 4mask and NQT. If 4mask were scum, I feel that at least one of his buddies would be defending him. However, 4maskwolf still seems pretty scummy to me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30