Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53415 times)

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [12/12]: Day 1 - Contrived Power Explanation
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2014, 11:50:09 pm »

EPenguin: You've been fairly active. Slight town lean. Do WotC Mafia matches behave significantly differently from these here?
In the span of time I played over there, the style was quite different depending on who was playing. The meta wasn't consistent and lurkers/apathetic players was a huge problem. When we had certain combinations of players in a game, it could get very dynamic and exciting. It was different and yet the same. But does it matter? I figured out how to play from those games, and I'm here.

Reads coming shortly.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »

So there's a strong chance we're offing a townie just to gain a townie.

Flabort
Yes. Lynch MOWE and I'm town. Lynch me and MOWE's... maybe town.

Why not kill neither of us and wait until you have some more info on us to kill either?

It's in the Mafia's interest not to kill MOWE so that I block Town's win. It's not in the Mafia's interest to kill me because the same reason. You can't trust that the Mafia will kill either. The only reason it would be is if MOWE is scum, in which case she'll need to kill me, or if I'm scum, in which case I'll still need to kill MOWE now that I've pretty much claimed everything but my night action.

As for tonight's actions, the odds that somebody has a cop ability are nonzero. Odds are even high that there is more than one. Somebody check MOWE, somebody check me. If someone's a Vig, night kill one of us. I'd prefer MOWE be the target of course, since that way both of us can win, but if you must kill me, that's fine. My wincons don't say that I have to survive.

Oh, and if you do kill one of us, the mafia's likely to kill the other. ((MOWE, this message is for you))

So as much as I'd love to lynch MOWE today and win day 1, I guess it's in my better interests to vote Ottofar still instead.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:59 am »

Persus13:
No read. I'm willing to grant him the benefit of the doubt for now, regarding his activity levels.

flabort:
Obviously not town. I think should be lynched, for all the flailing about, and the lying.

TolyK:
Slightly scummy read. He has had no recent posts. When he was semi active earlier, there wasn't much of merit. In #77, he has this lovely little tidbit: "Yes, it's probably because I end up answering walls of questions and not getting anything done.
THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR ME NOT TO SCUMHUNT."
With him not saying doing much, this doesn't reflect well on him.

Ottofar:
Either hardcore lurking or pressed for time. Promised to post two days ago. We still haven't heard from him. Scummy, though its hard to how much in relation to others. The main thing against him is he's done nothing.

Varee:
Still figuring out the game. Is getting an easy pass right now. I don't see anything overly scummy from him, but we need to be mindful of this. I've seen games where newb scum skate by because people practically regarded them as invisible. At the same time I think there's better leads to follow right now.

Toaster:
No read. My brain is kinda blanking out when it comes to this guy. Its late, I'll look over his posts again when i'm not so tired.

MyOwnWorstEnemy:
Neutral read. Her style of play intrigues me, and I'm interested in what her gut says as time goes on. But for now I have nothing really to go on.

PTDfun:
My bro. Still learning the game. Neutral read. I'm not terribly concerned about him though. As my brother, if he is scum, I feel like I would figure it out before its too late.

Jiokuy:
Gut town impression. He's not done a whole lot. But he's been helpful and is posting more now. It's more of a gut thing, than the hapah read.

Hapah
Town read. I like how he's hunting.

4maskwolf:
The whole slip with the wincons things reads very odd to me. I think flabort and 4mask both tripped up. There's more reason to lynch flabort right now, since he's claimed self. But I'm not buying the whole "I didn't read my role pm carefully enough" deal. I think right after flabort this is our most solid lead.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2014, 12:15:12 am »

The whole thing about you lying about your wincon, makes me want to lynch you.

Note: Flabort is at L-2. We don't need to hammer early. we still have til tuesday to talk.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2014, 12:31:19 am »

Note: Flabort is at L-2. We don't need to hammer early. we still have til tuesday to talk.
Well, saying that I was a town-ally/survivor was only two thirds a lie. I can also say that the thing about something feeling off with MOWE was a lie, since, duh, she's my wincon. Also, while I swore never to lie to town as town again, I'm not town so lying was OK. I'm fine if you lynch me tomorrow, or the next day, or as soon as there's no other scum, but until the time of my death or victory, I'm willing to help town out.

I just want MOWE dead, that's all. And I can wait until scum or a vig are willing to do it for me, or until she can be proved to be scum.
Just FYI, if I die tonight and nobody claims Vig, MOWE's probably scum. But you'd all suspect me of just saying that, because I could still win if she's lynched.

It's not like it's even possible for me to side with the mafia. A survivor could, but I'm not a survivor, sadly. If the mafia kill my wincon for me, I don't win and have to work with town. And mafia won't be willing to help me with my wincon, because they only want themselves to win. It's only possible for me to play with town, or on my own. Playing on my own is obviously stupid, so I'd rather play to win with town, or work with town.

I have nothing to lose if I die, my scenario would remain unchanged. There's little point in lynching me now. Vig me if you can and must, but there's no point in lynching me.
The Cyan Menace

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2014, 04:51:10 am »

Flabort: So you're a lyncher huh.
You're saying you will work for town, and that you can avoid obstructing the town's wincon.
It's a plausable claim. I would certainly ask an information role to ispect him, but I fear he might be a scum aligned paranoid gun owner, or godfather, or the similar.
Medium Priority Lynch

Unvote: Based on his lack of participation in S7, it's seems likely Ottofar is not lurking through his own volition. Not a bad "policy lynch", but policy lynches are rarely good for town. Unvoting to prevent scum hammering.

Ottofar: If you've found yourself unable to participate, might you consider asking for a replacement?
Low Priority Lynch

Low Value Speculation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That said, Flabort what do you propose we do if town lacks a Vig to kill off MOWE?
*Wait a second, if you can't be redirected or randomized you must have another night power. Normally I am against players full claiming to avoid attracting mafia nightkills, however you are a third party. Your survival does not benefit town strongly. Flabort full claim or I will do everything in my power to see your head on the chopping block come days end.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2014, 05:14:23 am »

Well even if what flabort say is true i still dont trust him. No concrete reasoning just guts only but i still feel that he is doing something suspicious.

As for me, am still reading but i am not sure on what should i post as i feel like more you post the more chance people will be able to misinterpret what you are saying. Which will leads to getting you lynch so i guess i will stay on the side and let all those people with big plan go on with their plan.

Please be oblivious to me, don't worry am not going to back stab anyone :D
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2014, 11:23:26 am »

Well, since I'm probably going to be next up on the chopping block after Flabort because I was an idiot, I may as well claim now.

I am not town.  I am a survivor.  I am the plagues of egypt.

I have three powers and one auto, which apparently is a lot since my auto really sucks.

My powers are:

(Night) The First Plague [target]: You turn water into blood and suffuse it into your target, protecting them.

(Night, 1-shot) The Ninth Plague: You bring darkness upon the building, randomizing all players.

(Night, 1-shot) The Last Plague [target]: You kill the target.  This kill ignores all protects on the target.

(Auto) Stench of Death: You show up as mafia to inspects.

I do not impede the town wincon as a survivor, so there shouldn't be much of a problem there.  Otherwise, you all have fun killing each other, I'm going to be helping the town if possible.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2014, 11:44:39 am »

-snip-
I was expecting your role to be Mercutio or something like that. Seems legit.

Well, saying that I was a town-ally/survivor was only two thirds a lie. I can also say that the thing about something feeling off with MOWE was a lie, since, duh, she's my wincon. Also, while I swore never to lie to town as town again, I'm not town so lying was OK. I'm fine if you lynch me tomorrow, or the next day, or as soon as there's no other scum, but until the time of my death or victory, I'm willing to help town out.

I just want MOWE dead, that's all. And I can wait until scum or a vig are willing to do it for me, or until she can be proved to be scum.
Just FYI, if I die tonight and nobody claims Vig, MOWE's probably scum. But you'd all suspect me of just saying that, because I could still win if she's lynched.

It's not like it's even possible for me to side with the mafia. A survivor could, but I'm not a survivor, sadly. If the mafia kill my wincon for me, I don't win and have to work with town. And mafia won't be willing to help me with my wincon, because they only want themselves to win. It's only possible for me to play with town, or on my own. Playing on my own is obviously stupid, so I'd rather play to win with town, or work with town.

I have nothing to lose if I die, my scenario would remain unchanged. There's little point in lynching me now. Vig me if you can and must, but there's no point in lynching me.
Or we could lynch Flabort today and be one step closer to winning.

How would lynching MOWE make you town?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:00 am »

That's hammer. Day ends now. No more posting.

(I think)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »

Holy crap, I'm sorry about two things.
1) Nearly forgetting that I'm playing this game.
2) Disappearing for a while.

Let's rectify this situation by providing a fresh look at what appears to be a huge "fight".

PPE (20 new replies D:): Hammer already, huh. I'll be saving this for tomorrow, then.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »

(I think)
Flabort has 7 votes on him? I don't think so.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2014, 12:22:35 pm »

(I think)
Check. I think it is. I could be wrong, though. He could have only six.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:50 pm »

(I think)
Check. I think it is. I could be wrong, though. He could have only six.
You're right it's 7.

Me, Varee, Ottofar, 4mask, Epenguin, MOWE, and Jiokuy.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2014, 01:05:48 pm »

((Darn it, I was still formulating a response to the request for a full claim; I would have done it))
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30