Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 42724 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - Troll has reverted to a wild state! [Turn 7 complete!]
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »

Zaerosz' Journal, 6th Opal

That damn fool Torgue is hurling years worth of bones and shells down a pit... Did nobody in the last, I don't know, four years? actually think to USE any of the bones? Totems from skulls. Practice bolts for the militia. Decorations on other things. This is some truly stunning incompetence on the behalf of this fort as a whole. Such wastefulness!
くコ:彡

Torgue

• Bay Watcher
  • Mercenary for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2014, 11:21:28 pm »

Offical Announcement, 6th Opal 158

Today I received a letter from a concerned citizen, in the form of a note nailed to my door with a dagger. In short, it stated the resident's concern that "countless numbers of shells and bones are being thrown away into some pit."  There is also a picture of me getting eaten by a forgotten beast.  There is blood everywhere, and I appear to have something radiating off of me, which the kind soul has helpfully labeled as "stink lines."

Were this concerned citizen paying attention, they would have noticed an access stairway specifically built for retrieving any necessary or otherwise valuable materials.

Yours Truly,
Overseer Torgue

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

I see someone's been watching TF2 animations recently.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 08, 2014, 03:09:52 am »

That... is a lot of bones. Can I have a set of bone armor made, Torgue? For ceremonial purposes, you know.... Also, if you don't mind, you seem the type who's not averse to larger projects, so can I ask if you would possibly build a temple near the arena with spaces (meeting halls with chairs, statues, etc) to honor Moldath, Capital, and the other gods we worship. I was planning to, but ran out of time in my year.

Benev's Journal,Opal 3, 158
Sensei_Shade has given up the post of overseer. Well, she kept the fortress going, and alerted us to a lot of problems with our system. I can't say anything more than that. The new Overseer is a completely unfamiliar fellow named Torgue. He seems determined, ambitious, and might I say a little too fond of the power that comes with the position. He keeps talking about "the project" in a tone that frankly scares the pudding out of me. However, that might be a good thing, as that kind of person can be trusted to use their power, and in well-thought-out ways. For example, he's constructed a neat little system to help compact our bone and refuse stockpiles, freeing up a lot of space, and cleaning up the fort. If I can convince him(?) to devote at least a little time to making our worship situation a little better, it should go a long way. I've brought a proposal before him with a petition for a Temple to be built to honor the gods. We should have one by now, we've spent a good deal of time on other things like the arena and statue gardens, not to mention the monarch's "future apartments". The way I see it, the only way the Queen is ever going to come out here is if she brings an army with her to force us back into her tyranny, and the only way she should be met is with a wooden bolt through the chest. The only other thing going on is that some trader or other made another artifact, a gemstone this time, and it's worth a whole lot. Torgue seemed a little afraid of it though, strange. Ah well, to each their own.
Benev
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 08, 2014, 03:58:11 am »

hey Torgue,who did you pick as a baron?

Torgue

• Bay Watcher
  • Mercenary for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2014, 07:39:19 am »

That... is a lot of bones. Can I have a set of bone armor made, Torgue? For ceremonial purposes, you know.... Also, if you don't mind, you seem the type who's not averse to larger projects, so can I ask if you would possibly build a temple near the arena with spaces (meeting halls with chairs, statues, etc) to honor Moldath, Capital, and the other gods we worship. I was planning to, but ran out of time in my year.

Benev[/i]

Yeah, I'll see if I can fit it in somewhere.  At any rate, I'll at least get it started.

hey Torgue,who did you pick as a baron?

None yet, between the poor FPS and the mayor wandering off from the liason, it's been slow going in that department.

I see someone's been watching TF2 animations recently.

You bet!

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2014, 10:52:09 am »

Nice update, despite slow fps issues.

If you do build a temple, can I request that any statue of Dolek (god of storms) be placed atop a tall tower for...reasons? Reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with screaming defiance from the tallest tower?

Edit: Proofread, then post.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:54:49 am by escondida »

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2014, 11:52:22 am »

Hey, could I see snackfox's thoughts and skills? Thanks.

Torgue

• Bay Watcher
  • Mercenary for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »

Here ya go:

Expect my next update sometime tomorrow.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 12, 2014, 01:03:53 am »

Could I see Benev's as well?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Torgue

• Bay Watcher
  • Mercenary for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 12, 2014, 09:45:42 am »

He's also kickin' it  in his new llama bone armor:

On another note, FPS seems to have improved somewhat now that the traders are gone.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to post my update today, or maybe even tomorrow.  I will definitely have it up sometime Thursday however.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:05:57 pm by Torgue »

Torgue

• Bay Watcher
  • Mercenary for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2014, 07:55:00 pm »

Date 28th Moonstone 158

Progress continues on the project.  While the unskilled miners are slow, they should improve fairly quickly.

A request was sent to me by a certain "Benev," who I am told is one of the militia captains.  He said that he wanted a temple to be built to honor the fortress gods.  Knowing nothing of temples or gods, I went to ask him what he wanted in it.  Upon meeting him, I realized that he is in fact unable to walk due to a lower spine injury.

After speaking with him about some of the specifics, I went to go prepare a blueprint to send to the miners.  While I am unsure if it can be finished or perhaps even started by the end of the year with the project sucking up most available labor, it will be there for when the time comes.  Benev also requested a personal set of bone armor, and I assured him I would get him one.

Date 21st Opal 158

Some goblin thieves assaulted!  They were mauled by some war dogs, however.

One led a pack of dogs on a merry chase through the beach!

He was taken care of.  I almost feel bad for the poor bastard.  Almost.

Date:  10th Granite 159

The dormitories are looking much better.  The walls are smooth, and cabinets and chests are being installed as fast as they are being made.

In order to improve fortress morale, I've ordered the construction of a decently sized meeting hall and statue garden.

The plan is to eventually run a waterfall through the ceiling and into the trench in the middle, though fluid projects aren't my forte, to say the least.  I still haven't forgotten that incident at the Mountainhome.  Boy, that was a loooot of paperwork.

As for my personal accomodations, I designed a set of rooms that are larger than the average, but nothing too flashy.

I'm debating whether to give myself a suit of ceremonial steel armor, but that isn't really important right now.

Benev seems to be enjoying his new Llama bone armor, I saw him crawling around in it.

The fortress stocks appear to be holding at desirable levels, we definitely aren't running low on food.

A suitable entry point for the project's final stages has been found.  I have ordered all those involved to keep it completely secret from the rest, under penalty of Dwarven Justice.  It cannot be interrupted!

Also of note, I have caught wind of some rumblings about our "dear" queen.  I overheard a small group discussing a plan to assassinate her, but from what I heard, they don't have any real plan at this point.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I have my own agenda...

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2014, 03:53:47 pm »

Also, a request; could you keep snackfox training if you can? Thanks.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:44 am »

So, uh... Torgue? How goes it?

Torgue

• Bay Watcher
  • Mercenary for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2014, 09:15:24 am »

It goes well.  I'll try for an update today.

If there's anyone that wants a dorfing, I'll take it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26