Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 42772 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - Centaurs Hate You [Turn 5 complete!]
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2014, 05:19:00 pm »

I'd like both Beiruses drawn, preferably with the original Beirus sort of like a Force Ghost. It'll make sense hopefully when I get around to writing journals for the Beirus.
Did Beirus the first actually survive the end of the year he was dwarfed? If so, someone will have to grab his thought screen from the end-of-year save from that year, because I'm fairly sure you can't see thought screens for dead dwarves (unless you go through the Relationships screen).
くコ:彡

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - The Odd Little Fort By The Sea
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2014, 07:34:15 pm »

I asked for it during that year after the first goblin attack.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - The Odd Little Fort By The Sea
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2014, 08:44:48 pm »

I asked for it during that year after the first goblin attack.

Sorry, must have skipped my mind. I'm a bit unwell atm so progress might be a bit slow lol :)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2014, 08:16:45 pm »

Alright I'm going to get started now. Question: Why is DFHack required, and do I need to add the file to the /raw folder that Zaerosz mentioned in the OP, or has that already been dealt with?

Edit: DFHack is not a possibility for me, because Norton won't let me run it, even as administrator, as it keeps removing various files from the DFHack folder when I try to run it. Also, Benev cannot stand and apparently has been crawling around since he got out of the hospital, and the health screen shows that there is still an infection so I may not live out the year...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:16:07 pm by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2014, 04:06:16 am »

I'm not an expert ;) but I think that even if you don't use dfhack, the next  overseer will use it, so only animals and dwarves born in your turn won't grow until 157. They will catch up :)

And about Benev injuries I'm almost sure that all dwarves that got infection in my, 155, year are healed now. But they were all practicing and sparring without any brakes... maybe for sure good amount of excercises helps in healing the infection?. :D
Maybe try putting Benev in one of the squads and order him not to die. But that probably would bring back his dark memories so maybe it's not very good idea ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:07:52 am by dwarobaki »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2014, 04:32:13 am »

Yeah, not using DFHack means anything born during your turn will fail to increase in size as they age. Well, 90% chance per unit. It's because for some reason, growth depends on the exact time they were born in the unmodded game, and if they aren't born at an interval of time divisible by 10, or at 0, they will never grow. The script fixes that though.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2014, 01:49:27 pm »

By "the script" do you mean the file that I'm supposed to add to the raw folder, or a tool I'm supposed to run in DFhack? Thanks for the help.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »

Both (-: . init.lua is a special dfhack script that's run when the game is loaded.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2014, 05:56:30 pm »

Ok, I'll see if I can get it to work. Thanks!

Edit: Okay, everything's working, it all seems to be installed right, I think we're good. Is there any indication of whether the growth bug script is working or not in-game?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:12:37 pm by Beneviento »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2014, 07:38:29 pm »

Not without Dwarf Therapist, no, but if you do have DT you can periodically (like once every six months or year or so) check to see if children have gotten any bigger.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2014, 08:11:38 pm »

Benev's Journal, Granite 1 157

A new year! Unfortunately I was unable to carry through my plans in the last year, but it appears I am the new overseer, so the possibilities are endless. however, it seems that the complaints of the nobles are also endless. I have ordered a number of iron cabinets and statues made to placate them. Someone named Erush has begun work on a strange construction, hopefully something useful. I have also ordered construction to begin on a pen north of the main keep to graze our animals and grow aboveground plants.

Granite 7

A vampire! He is Minkot Speechlessbasement, and while I was initially confused as to his new title of "Vampire Hunter", but quickly observed that based on his strange behavior and the messages i received from Capital that he was indeed a bloodsucking creature of evil. I have been able to observe him ofen, as he is the Captain of the Guard, and so my direct military superior. I have set out to deal with him in the dwarven way. I have convicted him for the murder of a ranger and promoted our best hammerdwarf, Mebzuth of the Ultimate Mirrors, to the position of Hammerer, so in theory he should be executed. If he escapes the cold hand of the law, I have ordered a chamber built underground close to the sea where a trap can be set for him. In other news, a goblin thief was discovered and promptly beheaded by Beirus II, but not before it was able to lop a child's right foot right off. I think the time is right to move on to my bigger, better plans...

The Villain

The fight

Slate 3
Erush completed his work, a limonite scepter he called Amost Vutram. I didn't take too close a look at it, but good for him. I've got bigger things on my mind. My vampire commander was only beaten for the murder, so I told him that there was a ceremonial lever he needed to pull in the chamber I designed. He believed me completely and did so repeatedly, not even noticing when a wall was built behind him, and the roof of the chamber was channeled out, revealing the sky, and the crashing waves. It would have sufficed to have him isolated from the fort, but I wanted him to die, and to have him die sucking seawater seemed like poetic justice for those whose veins he'd sucked dry. It seemed to be working until I saw him walk down the main hall like nothing had happened. Unknown to me, he could swim, and simply waited until the water was high enough and climbed out. Thus, I am designing a new trap using a support and another "ceremonial lever", as he does not seem to suspect anything, especially after I told him that the water was part of the ceremony. A goblin thief showed up but was quickly driven off, progress continues on the pen, and though we momentarily ran out of coal for the forges, I ordered charcoal production to begin again, so that situation is remedied.

The Masterpiece

The Trap is Sprung

The Waves Roll In

((I'll use DT to check if it worked, thanks!))

Kazimuth

• Bay Watcher
  • [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE]
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2014, 12:23:09 am »

This is awesome! Especially those drawings, Hounskull.
Can I be dorfed? 'Kaz' something, I don't care what prefession - it will be cool to have a dwarf here :)
I'm not sure this was a good idea

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2014, 05:54:07 am »

Nice update so far :D
and thank you Kaz!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2014, 04:09:01 pm »

Yo, Beneviento, any word? Another couple days and we're moving on to the next player.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2014, 11:37:17 pm »

Sorry, time's been tight for the past few days b/c of cross-country practice, i should be finished by... Friday, if that's alright. I can play for longer today, so we'll see how far I get.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26