Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 42758 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - Centaurs Hate You [Turn 5 complete!]
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2014, 02:14:21 am »

Yeah, 's all good, as long as it keeps moving.
くコ:彡

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »

Sorry, I ran into a little bit more unexpected trouble, it should go up in an hour or two, the whole year.

Edit: Done with the year, but my dad is insisting I go running with him, so the post will be up in an hour or so. Sorry again.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:10:59 pm by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2014, 05:17:03 am »

Here it is, an overwrought story of my year, complete with overly fancy verbs and adjectives, and lots of goblin blood!

Accomplishments:
Built Functional system for disposal of prisoners, which can be expanded if needed
Began building of “Project Resort’
Working on increasing fort value via crafts, etc
Set up system to get constructions done much faster by giving all dwarves carpentry and masonry labors and restricting access to workshops to actually accomplished dwarves
Killed a werebull, Casualties, 1 cat
Defeated a goblin ambush, casualties: many animals, mostly bought from the elves
Labeled all levers whose purpose was known

Ok, I made it to Sandstone, here's what's going on.

Benev's Journal, Late Spring 156
The vampire is dead! He was found in his apartments, stone-cold. I have no idea what happened to him. Because of this, I am the new Captain of the Guard, although Mebzuth the militia captain, who insisted on being called "hostergaard" also applied. However, his style of justice seemed more... personal, so i offered him the position of hammerer instead, which he will hopefully be satisfied with. He is one of two dwarves who have changed their names recently, the other being a metalsmith called "Kaz" who also respects animal men, and has accepted my offer to join the Animal Men Club, though he prefers adder men, for a reason that seems entirely silly to me. They can't even infest for Moldath's sake! I called the whole military together for a funeral for the old Captain of the Guard just outside the walls, both to avoid suspicion of complicity in his death and to see what kind of dwarves defend this outpost. While i am not disapointed, I believe we can do much better in terms of equipment, so I have placed orders to begin Steel production. In other news, the pen is finished, so I have ordered our grazing animals such as alpacas to be sent to pasture there. i have also discovered that none of the levers in this fort are labeled, so I, through experimentation, discovered which were which and labeled them. The Elves also came to trade, and I gave them large amounts of porcelain crafts, which are a lucrative export, in return for food, drink, and various exotic animals, a Giant Red Panda and a Giant Echidna among them.

Missing(Actually dead but I forgot to take a picture)

The New CoTG

Hostergaard

Kaz

The Funeral

The Pen

Labels

Elves

Summer 156
The Elves left just as two important events occurred. First, a child withdrew from society and barricaded him/herself (I don't know which) in a workshop. Hopefully they're making something useful. They started working secretively on something soon after, so they won’t go crazy like I saw a few dwarves go back home.  Secondly, I have ordered construction to begin on the first building of the Harvestcoast Retreat and Ale Hall. Schematics are included below.  Unfortunately, I have still not figured out how to attract religious pilgrims (the real money) to come to such a new outpost, with no significant miracles or saints to it’s name. Perhaps a shrine to Moldath might bring some in… 

Late Summer/Autumn 156
The child created an amazingly detailed bone figurine of a historical figure whom I don’t even know. Still, it will make a nice relic for money pilgrims to look at if any arrive. Also, I have created a functional, if somewhat rudimentary, system to strip prisoners of war of their weapons and send them to be disposed of by the military. I have tested it with a pair of goblin thieves, and it seems to work perfectly. A human Law-giver arrived and left after doing little more than exchanging pleasantries with my friend Houn, who is the new Baroness of this colony. Just after he left, a fearsome werebull arrived and charged up the beach. I decided that it was best to swamp it with our superior numbers and armor, and it was neatly bisected by one of the military, possibly Beirus II, son of Beirus Beirusson, the new scion of the clan Beirus, whose relative, Beirus, was killed in the early days of the fort. An interesting group, them. Another human diplomat, this time one from their Merchant’s Guild , arrived, and brought with him a very large caravan. I ordered a good amount of aboveground seeds, food, and exotic weapons bought in, and Houn finalized a number of agreements with the representative, who left soon after the negotiations were done. He left without the caravan I might add, as they are still sitting in the trade depot, even though they announced they were leaving on their journey. It’s very strange, but it means the dwarven caravan is delayed, so we might not have to deal with representatives of the Queen-who-may-or-may-not-know-we-know-of-her-vampirism. Also, the first resort building is done!

The Artifact

The Pit

Human Law-Giver

Human Merchant

Werebull

Dead Werebull

Finished!

Autumn/Winter 156
An ambush of goblin spearmen sprung from hiding near the pen and slaughtered many of our exotic elf-bought animals before being annihilated by the militia. This was an absolute waste caused by my own forgetfulness of the need to link the pen gate with a lever. I quickly had this done, and the mayor, no doubt feeling powerful because of my mistake and loss of face, mandated the construction of 3 crowns to add to his already impressive collection. How many crowns does one dwarf need, especially considering I’ve never seen him wear one? A Dyer quickly claimed a workshop and began to work on a strange construction, preventing the crowns from being built, but he quickly emerged with a stone scepter that once more depicts the queen, very obviously a vampire in the engraving, ascending to the throne 150 years ago. How many know? I was scared of the caravan arriving until something happened to scare me much more. An enormous siege of goblins and troll arrived, and as I had not had the foresight to build a more durable defense for Zaerosz’s house, broke down the door leading into the fort proper. A dwarf of the Guard named Atis held them off like a hero for an impressive amount of time, but was felled by a troll. He stood fast where others might have run, and died like a guardsdwarf. I frantically ordered a wall build to barricade the main hallway off from Zaerosz’ house, and ordered half the militia to move up and hold the goblin flood off.  What happened next is worthy of story and song. The militia charged into battle in the narrow hallway. We killed three for every one scratch on us, but it wasn’t enough. The wall was built, so the fort was safe, but it seemed like all of the dwarves who had charged to defend their homes would die, but a lone swordmaster chopped straight through the goblin ranks and up through Zaerosz’s house out into the open air, hewing through goblin and troll as he went. Even for such a hero, the odds seemed to long, so after praying to Moldath and Capital, I ordered the gate thrown open, and the rest of the militia poured through and broke the back of the goblin force, routing them completely. We lost a total of seven dwarves. The rest of the year is a blur, but I remember a group of miners becoming trapped in the marble mine and digging their way out. The last thing I did was hatch a plan to throw the captured goblins against Osta, which they agreed to in return for their freedom, but when I ordered the cage I had them in opened and the cavern gate opened, they all blundered into cage traps we had set down there. So, with this last effort to add honor to my term failed, I think it is time to hand over Harvestcoast to someone else, and return to my life as a humble guardsdwarf and prophet of Capital, for my duty is not yet done.

The Raiding Party

3 more Crowns?

The Artifact

He Knows Too?

The Enemy arrive

A Broken Siege (I forgot to take pictures during the actual battle, sorry)

Trapped Miners(they dug their way out)

A failed plan (They were assigned to the cage in the picture, then the wall behind them was built and the cage was opened. The plan was for them to attack Osta, but as you can see, they blundered into the cage traps someone set up in the hallway, which I had completely forgotten about...)

Challenge:
1:Kill Osta using only captured goblin soldiers.
2:Further fortify the main keep.
3:Continue building the resort.

((There's my turn, hope you guys think it's okay! I should have taken more pictures of the siege itself, so I'll just say that I think it was Mistem the Swordmaster who cut through the goblins, and there were about 80 goblins total I think, because I saw the others tab of units at a total of 149))

EDIT:
The Save http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8944
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:15:36 pm by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2014, 07:04:33 am »

MY HOUSE ;A;

EDIT: Are we getting a save, or...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:11:52 am by Zaerosz »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »

Can I see Beirus II's kill list?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2014, 05:48:25 pm »

Neaaaat a werebull! Nice update :) If I can get a break from this kitten trying to attack any part of me that moves I'll get to catching up on drawings right away XD

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2014, 01:45:50 pm »

did snackfox got the save?

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2014, 05:42:30 pm »

Loading up the save now.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2014, 07:54:26 pm »

Werebull!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried to stay away from the typical minotaur look and it got weird oops. Really it's just an oddly pale, elongated bull with thumbs... and toesies...
it was supposed to have shaggy sandy taupe hair but i refused there is too much sandy taupe

I'm about half way through drawing three more dwerves too :D

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: Harvestcoast - Centaurs Hate You [Turn 6 complete!]
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2014, 08:07:11 pm »

Weird, my character also has sandy taupe skin

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »

Still would like Beirus II kill list and thought screen.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2014, 08:46:01 pm »

Weird, my character also has sandy taupe skin
Yeah, it seems that dwarves in .34 will all share a common skin color, at least per civilization. All dwarves in the Harvestcoast world have sandy taupe skin, while all dwarves in my current fort Plankspray have burnt umber skin.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2014, 09:08:04 pm »

Harvestcoast
Overseer: Snackfox

1st Granite, 157

Hi! My name is Imush Numastesh, but I also go by "Snackfox"!
Apparently, I am the new ruler of Goludteling, aka Harvestcoast.
While wandering around the fort, I found a small closed off room. After doing a bit of research, I learned that this had been used for a failed attempt to execute a criminal.
Inspired by this idea, I decide to build an execution room.
I need to figure out who to test it on, however. Hmm.

I also have decided to build a boardwalk by the ocean.

We need more miners. I will hire a peasant.

10th Granite, 157

A cocketiel has reverted to a wild state! And then a kobold attacked!
But we took them both out.

20th Granite, 157

And then a voracious cave crawler reverted to a wild state! That is NOT GOOD. We gotta kill it!

7th Slate, 157

Having nothing better to do, I decided to do what I love: make already-extravagant places look twice as awesome. In this case, I decided to decorate the baron's office a bit by building a river in it.
However, when I ordered the river smoothed, half the fort came to smooth it.

As it turned out, most dwarves had been assigned to stone detailing duty. I honestly would like to know who did this.

9th Felsite, 157

We should have a dock. I will order one built.

11th Felsite, 157

Ral Lotoluzol has been possessed! He has claimed a mechanic's workshop (notably, one that Escondida was using at the time)

16-22st Felsite, 157

AAGH A SIEGE!

I've sent every squad out to get him! Beirus, Benev, Thikut, everyone.

We're winning! Everyone who isn't a militant is inside.

All the invaders are either caged or dead, and there's only one left: a troll…animal trainer.

23rd Felsite, 157

The siege has been broken! We've won with minimal casualties! Sweet! Go us!
And summer has arrived!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:20:00 pm by snackfox »

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2014, 09:09:19 pm »

Oh, and Beirus.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:11:02 pm by snackfox »

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2014, 09:45:32 pm »

Can I be dorfed as 'Mr Wiggles', as a doctor or militia please :)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26