Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45650 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2014, 12:14:00 am »

If we're going Freeform/Story-based Dueling, why are Deck Limitations and Forbidden/Restricted Cards such important factors?

On Limitations: What incentive would there be to attempt to improve your deck if you can have the perfect straight from the beginning?

On Forbidden/Restricted: Cards have been stated to be illegal or restricted in the anime and manga.  In order to keep with the setting, we would need to have there be Forbidden/Restricted Cards.  TCG advanced is being used since there is no complete listing of the anime and manga's Forbidden/Restricted cards.

@Limitations: Because, if we weren't doing actual, tactical, precise dueling, I wouldn't figure it would matter that much, as the actual contents of the deck aren't a big deal in the anime/manga. Just look at people like Yugi and Jaden, the protagonists, who from a RL perspective have pretty shitty decks to be honest, but manage to win a vast majority of the time, especially when the situation calls for it.

@Forbidden/Restriction: That makes sense.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2014, 03:00:43 am »

So, what questions do I need to answer?
Let's see...
On the Limitations: It's supposed to represent the fact that you're a relatively new duelist, and as such won't have a deck filled with the rarest cards in the world and such.
On the Banlist: Already answered by Zanzetkuken.
I think that's it. Any other questions?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2014, 05:56:21 am »

Apparently not. Also, I believe we have everything decided. Time period is decided, characters are mostly decided (by the way, GWG, by backstory I also mean parents and such. Gotta know if they have connections, and such.), as are decks. The way we are doing duels is decided. I don't think there's anything left. Is there?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2014, 06:40:15 am »

I think we are done, the only other thing is that exkirby still needs to post an actual deck list and there are a couple of other decks above 650 points.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:49:40 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2014, 06:44:33 am »

And I think darkpaladin needs to post an actual character.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2014, 07:25:05 am »

On Forbidden/Restricted: Cards have been stated to be illegal or restricted in the anime and manga.  In order to keep with the setting, we would need to have there be Forbidden/Restricted Cards.  TCG advanced is being used since there is no complete listing of the anime and manga's Forbidden/Restricted cards.
Also, a lot of those Forbidden cards are kinda broken.

(by the way, GWG, by backstory I also mean parents and such. Gotta know if they have connections, and such.)
Noted. I'll add a snarky note about that to my character sheet right after I post.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2014, 07:28:28 am »

Blank trading cards? What do you mean by that, GWG?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2014, 07:50:32 am »

Cards which haven't been printed yet.
I remember reading that blank cards came up in 5Ds.

Also, reading the title of one of the other games gave me an idea even stupider than card games on motorcycles.
Card games...with swords. Like, putting cards on a BFS instead of in a duel disk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2014, 07:52:03 am »

There were card games in Egypt in Yu-Gi-Oh, weren't there? So, card games during medieval times? That... actually sounds pretty fun.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2014, 08:16:29 am »

True. But still, duel swords.

Incidentally, someone should contact...um...whoever makes Yu-Gi-Oh animes, because I think we have a concept for their next spin-off.
P.S. More people Google "Wikipedia Yugioh" than "Wikipedia Yugoslavia". This makes me kinda sad.
Sig

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2014, 08:18:24 am »

Who makes the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, anyway?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2014, 08:49:17 am »

I dunno. Wikipedia was, however, very specific on who used to make it.
Sig

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2014, 08:52:46 am »

Hmm.... card games in medieval times... there might be some money in this idea. We should totally write a book about it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2014, 09:12:18 am »

Hmm.... card games in medieval times... there might be some money in this idea. We should totally write a book about it.

Time period's been somewhat used.  See: Yugioh video game set during England's War of the Roses
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2014, 09:20:40 am »

But do they put cards onto BFSs in that? No? Didn't think so.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42