Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45599 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2014, 07:59:19 pm »

So we aren't using Synchro monsters, then?

Aww. Oh well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

Edit: So, we're doing this After GX? Awwww.
I might actually have to research what happened in GX!

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck v1 (click to show/hide)
Alright. Once I double-check my deck I'll be ready. I'll get on that right away, but class, dinner, general lack of knowledge of what I was doing, and such has forced me to delay this long enough!
EDIT: Now to chop 90 points off!
EDIT2:
Spoiler: Deck v2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck v3 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:27:03 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2014, 08:26:22 pm »

Edit: So, we're doing this After GX? Awwww.
I might actually have to research what happened in GX!

Actually, it's a tie before and after right now (sort of a tie between all, since I desired before for a year and then during, but there was no option for that so I put it at before).  Also, did you do totaling of deck cost?  Formula is two posts above yours in the quote, and Blitz said the limit for the exams is 650.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2014, 08:48:27 pm »

I didn't when I posted, I have now, and I'm currently shaving off the extra.
EDIT: That was fast.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:51:02 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2014, 09:17:01 pm »

Name: Daethwin Riesston
Appearance: Long dark hair, a pretty face, and a penchant for wearing androgynous clothing leave many people confused as to Daeth's true gender, especially when looked at together with the duelist's ambiguous facial features and the fact that no one knows what dorm they sleep in...
Duel Spirits: Sometimes. Only when the Duel Spirits want to be seen, typically.
Backstory: Daethwin rarely talks about the past, and those who know the duelist well can only really say that Daethwin has some dark memories, as something happened to them earlier in life that they refuse to speak of, but affects them to this day. It has certainly affected their Deck choice, and Daethwin seems to prefer to use mostly Light and Dark attribute cards, when he can.
Deck:
Spoiler: Dragontech Compulsor (click to show/hide)

I'm bad at deck-building because I can't choose cards not to take.
So, now I need to check what points that is and such. Some of them are probably side-deck and such, by the way. I dunno. >.<
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:53:01 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2014, 09:20:14 pm »

Two things.

1. How do I figure out whether a card is common, rare, or other?
2. Anyone have pointers for how I could cut down on the size of this deck? >.<
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »

Two things.

1. How do I figure out whether a card is common, rare, or other?
2. Anyone have pointers for how I could cut down on the size of this deck? >.<
1. Check the Yugioh Wiki. There should be lists of TCG sets the card was in. Click on the top one and see what the first listing's rarity was.
2. ...Add less cards? I dunno, I'd give advice but I'm not good at Yugiohing.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2014, 09:27:51 pm »

Cyber Dragon was Super Rare.

Whut. >.>

How am I supposed to make a bloody Cyber Dragon deck like this? Argh.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2014, 09:35:03 pm »

Whut. >.>

You can start by removing cards.  There is a minimum of 40, but Yugioh also has a maximum of 60, and I counted that many with some remaining.  Fusion monsters don't count towards the limit of cards (they do count t, since they are in the extra deck, which has an independent maximum (15).  You can drop up to 15 cards in a side deck, meaning you will have them, but they cannot be used in the duel.  Since they are unused in the duel, the side deck cards don't count towards the 650 point limit.

Edit: Also, you may want to check the Forbidden (cannot have those cards), Limited (only one copy of these cards) and Semi-limited (only two of these cards) listings under the TCG advanced column to determine if you can have those cards, as well as keeping in mind that you can only max out at 3 cards.  Finally, for ease of reading, put a multiplier behind a card if you have more than one copy, rather than listing it twice.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:39:00 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »

Whut. >.>

Hmmm, well, when I was doing Gishki for this, I ran into the situation that the lowest Duel Terminal rarity is Super Rare, and almost all of your aces rank at Secret Rare.  Cyber Dragon's actually pretty easy, compared to that. ^_^
1. The 1400/1200 searchers were all Common - Shining Angel can tutor any LIGHT monster with 1500 ATK or below, and you can get a full set of three for just 3 DP.  This includes Proto-Cyber Dragon and Cyber Dragon Zwei, both of which are only Rare.  Cyber Dragon Core is Super Rare, but for free searching *and* CyDra replacement...
2. The Light - Hex-Sealed Prison is Common.  For 3 DP, you get a full set of cards that can actually summon any CyTwin or CyEnd by bypassing the "Fusion Summon" requirement, because they don't Fusion Summon (they only do a generic Special Summon) if you use their own effect.
3. Likewise, Polymerization itself was a Common.  Astonishingly, so is Overload Fusion, though with Future Fusion banned, it's a bit harder to dump into the graveyard for that delicious OTK. 
4. Your most expensive ace cards, Cyber End Dragon, Cyber Twin Dragon, and Chimeratech Overdragon are a bit spendy at Ultimate Rare (50 DP).  However, since it'll always be at hand in your Extra Deck, you only *really* need one for starters, and you can economize further by only going with two of the three - buy the third later. 
5. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon is cheaper at Super Rare, and is also compatible with the entertaining (and cheap-as-dirt Common) DNA Surgery. 
6. We're almost certainly doing story, not actual duels, so you don't need to optimize for dueling.  That means that goofy stuff that worked in the anime, like the Cyber Barrier and Cyber Laser Dragons, can be pulled out by rule of drama, and you can promote to the actual power-cards later. 
6a. For more practical economization, Cyber Eltanin is also only a rare. 
7. Photon Lead (Common) + Inferno Reckless Summon (Super Rare) used on Proto-Cyber Dragon or Cyber Dragon Core pulls out up to three actual Cyber Dragons, not just "this card's name is treated as" cards.  And you haven't used your Normal Summon yet. 

Actually, I kinda want to use my Gishki deck now...it would offer more scope for advancement over the course of the story as well...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:03:04 pm by Culise »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »

GreatWyrm, you're one outside the limit.  The Trance Archfiend is valued at 10, since it is labeled SP, short print, which has a value of 10.  Only saw that because of the question mark as I was slicing out the version 1 for the compiled list.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2014, 10:17:36 pm »

GreatWyrm, you're one outside the limit.  The Trance Archfiend is valued at 10, since it is labeled SP, short print, which has a value of 10.  Only saw that because of the question mark as I was slicing out the version 1 for the compiled list.
Oh.
Gosh dangit.
Fixed. One more Trance Archfiend!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:21:06 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2014, 10:53:37 pm »

Alright. Hopefully fixed/good deck now. We'll see how I've screwed up, I suppose...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2014, 10:56:03 pm »

If we're going Freeform/Story-based Dueling, why are Deck Limitations and Forbidden/Restricted Cards such important factors?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2014, 12:10:12 am »

If we're going Freeform/Story-based Dueling, why are Deck Limitations and Forbidden/Restricted Cards such important factors?

On Limitations: What incentive would there be to attempt to improve your deck if you can have the perfect straight from the beginning?

On Forbidden/Restricted: Cards have been stated to be illegal or restricted in the anime and manga.  In order to keep with the setting, we would need to have there be Forbidden/Restricted Cards.  TCG advanced is being used since there is no complete listing of the anime and manga's Forbidden/Restricted cards.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42