Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 749989 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.
« Reply #26055 on: August 06, 2015, 01:14:33 pm »

Alice hesistated, not sure what she should do.
'Lets head back to the vets and then we can make a plan ok?'
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #26056 on: August 06, 2015, 01:15:06 pm »

((wow alice is unexpectantly ready to go along with this))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26057 on: August 06, 2015, 01:16:54 pm »

((It's more that she's hoping this is just temporary and is trying to stall for time for Icarus to come back to her senses.))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26058 on: August 07, 2015, 09:40:27 pm »

((I'ma poke this thread.
*Poke*
It's done, and there's nothing you could've done to stop me.

Muahahahaha~))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26059 on: August 08, 2015, 10:16:28 am »

Isaac takes a deep breath, then jumps down into the room, slowing himself with tiny projections. He throws a spike that grinds against the ground, hopefully causing some damage to the magic circle, towards the parasite.

[11] vs [4] Hit! [9] damage! Isaac launches a projection at the tentacle, which tears up the floor of the gymnasium and inflicts some damage upon the magic circle. It also impacts into the tentacle reaching out towards the pair, tearing out a noticeable chunk out of its flesh. Or whatever material the parasite is comprised out of.

Kaiser fires a wave of flechettes at the tentacle, before jumping down and using thrusters to break his fall.

"CORE, get into range, so you can hit this thing with some precision firepower, no AoE's or magic, thank you very much."

[1] vs [3] Miss! Kaiser jumps down onto the ground, his flechettes flying over top of the tentacle and tearing through the wall behind it. Hopefully he has a good excuse for missing so horribly.

The Nomad flies over to the rec center, its jets blowing dust around as it hovers above the skylights in the roof. Which also means that everyone in the community is now aware of the heavily armed aircraft suddenly showing up above their rec center, with all of the problems that entails.

Quote from: South Tentacle
Strike Issac!

[2] vs [11] Miss! The tentacle reaches out to swipe at Isaac, who ducks at the last moment. Unlike George and the smaller parasites the Parasite Source is quite solid, as evidenced by the rush of air that blasts Isaac as he avoids getting smacked around. Of course this means that it's possible to damage the thing, but at the same time it's possible for it to damage the pair...

Two more tentacles start to push their way out of the ground as more and more of the parasite is pulled up into the room.

Spoiler: Parasite Source 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Circle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

((Hopefully you guys can understand everything I vomited out here, especially the map. This is a bit of a puzzle boss after all.

Also I assumed that Isaac's projections do physical damage because the parasites have stupidly high resistance for obvious reasons. If that's wrong, I can always redo that attack.))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26060 on: August 08, 2015, 10:24:38 am »

Use a negligible spike on the Southern Tentacle.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26061 on: August 08, 2015, 05:51:08 pm »

((holy crap this map is pretty, teach me))

Kaiser fires a wave of fletchetes at the closest unconscious people.

The Nomad fires the Big Gun at the 'core' of the parasite.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26062 on: August 08, 2015, 10:22:48 pm »

Use a negligible spike on the Southern Tentacle.

[13] Autohit! [17] damage! The parasite sucks a little more mana from Isaac, despite his best attempts to limit his mana flow. However the resulting projection tears through the southern tentacle, causing it to flail wildly in distress. Quickly it retracts back to wherever it came from, to escape from the beating it's receiving.

Kaiser fires a wave of fletchetes at the closest unconscious people.

Autohit! [10] damage! Kaiser creates a few more fletchettes and launches them at an unconscious person. Somehow he manages to avoid killing his completely defenceless civilian. Who knows how he managed to accomplish that?

The Nomad fires the Big Gun at the 'core' of the parasite.

The Big Gun rips into the core of the parasite, most of the shells blasting through the portal that it's trying to pull itself out of, though a few strike the roof or floor of the building and showering more dust onto the heads of everyone in the room. The northern tentacle retreats back through the portal to presumably try to shield the main body of the Parasite Source. Once the Big Gun falls silent multiple tentacles start to peek up from the floor, cautiously probing around in case that fearsome weapon is laying in wait for them. Presumably this should slow them down quite a bit in the future.

Parasite Source 3 gains a Perk! +1 turn delay until new tentacles arrive onto the battlefield.

Quote from: West and East Tentacles
Arrive.

Two tentacles push up from underneath the floor and wave menacingly at Kaiser, though they are unable to act this turn. It looks like attacking the unconscious people in the circle has attracted the Parasite Source's attention.

((It's called Rexpaint. Basically it's photoshop for ASCII, though it's not as powerful or intuitive as photoshop. However it's still the best way to make ASCII art/designs that I know of.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26063 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:15 am »

((rexpaint makes a lot of what i wanted to do now possible, very nice indeed))

The Nomad takes out another member of the circle with standard fire.

Kaiser slashes the nearest tentacle with Witherwick.

((100xp and artifact loot, i fed well))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26064 on: August 09, 2015, 12:05:31 pm »

Send another Negligible at the person nearest to him.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:06:34 pm by Projeck37 »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26065 on: August 09, 2015, 03:03:37 pm »

"What are you going to do about Araceli anyways? Play defensively and let her beat your ass?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26066 on: August 09, 2015, 05:10:23 pm »

"It's not like I know where she has set up shop, so to speak."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26067 on: August 09, 2015, 07:37:12 pm »

"Then find out where she is."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26068 on: August 09, 2015, 08:53:29 pm »

"There's no reason to right now."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26069 on: August 10, 2015, 09:36:48 am »

The Nomad takes out another member of the circle with standard fire.

Autohit! [17] damage! The Nomad's cannon tears into an innocent civilian, causing them to pop like an overripe tomato from the overpowered weaponry. The smell of burning flesh starts to float through the air as the blood magic they were powering fizzles out.

Kaiser slashes the nearest tentacle with Witherwick.

[7] vs [7] Miss! Kaiser charges at the east tentacle with his badass sword, but at the last moment it jerks out of the way before he can land a hit. How rude.

Send another Negligible at the person nearest to him.

[13] Autohit! [12] damage! -2 mana Isaac launches a projection at the nearest civilian, to try and depower the magic circle. Somehow he fails to kill the unmoving, unconscious target. Weird.

Quote from: East Tentacle
Retaliate!

[10] vs [4] Hit! [2] damage! -2 mana! The eastern tentacle, having jerked back to avoid Kaiser's charge, lashes out at him. While it only succeeds at landing a glancing blow, it does forcibly suck out some mana from his body. Who would have thought that a parasite capable of eating magic could do such a thing?

Quote from: West Tentacle
Lash out!

[7] vs [7] Miss! -1 SP The western tentacle, to try and stop Isaac from interfering further, reaches out to try and grab him. However he manages to slip out of the limb's reach at the last moment. Getting grabbed would certainly not end well.

Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 ... 1757