Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750050 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.
« Reply #25905 on: July 23, 2015, 09:39:07 pm »

Kaiser does so, with a minimum of fuss. The files do contain a lot of information on the parasites after all, so they could be very useful in the future.

Now what?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #25906 on: July 23, 2015, 09:43:45 pm »

"Hmm~? What is it that you desire, Al~?"

Isaac takes a peak out the door.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25907 on: July 23, 2015, 09:48:02 pm »

It leads out into a hallway. Unless Michelson bought out the chiroprator opposite, it's highly unlikely that another part of his office can be found outside. The admittedly spacious room is all that there is in the building.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25908 on: July 23, 2015, 09:49:43 pm »

Isaac ducks back in and looks for any magic circles. Or clues about rituals he was planning.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25909 on: July 23, 2015, 09:52:34 pm »

"You killed Ea!" he said before dashing forward and conjuring an enormous black hole at her location.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25910 on: July 23, 2015, 10:08:55 pm »

Well, the room has a few traces of previous magic circles made in its confines but none of them are recent. Which isn't too surprising, since the diagram of the magic circle he's planning on making (and powering using Dalia and several other people's blood) indicates that he'd need a lot of room to conduct his ritual. The circle must be more than fifteen meters in diameter, which limits the places that Michelson can make it and should make the search for Dalia much easier.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25911 on: July 23, 2015, 10:12:45 pm »

CORE, scan over the town for anything that could hold a magic circle 7.5 in diameter. Get high enough so the magic can't drain you, high altitude firepower might come in handy should things get sour
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25912 on: July 23, 2015, 10:28:05 pm »

An indepth sweep by CORE shows that the most likely place that the ritual is being held is the local rec center. Other buildings may have a large enough room to accomindate the circle, but it'd be a tight squeeze with little room to move around which makes them unlikely choices for something as complex and delicate as a magic ritual.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25913 on: July 25, 2015, 04:33:31 pm »

Araceli- [?-26] [20] [5]
 Blackhole- -10 SPD, TN 20 to escape
Alucard- [39] [44] [14]
Ashley- [51] [10] [4]
 Blackhole- -10 SPD, TN 20 to escape

[17] Araceli summons a glowing purple hand-blade.

Ashley draws her rapier, and teleports forward to strike. [21] vs [9] She strikes squarely on the chest, dealing 26 damage!

[33] Alucard successfully casts the blackhole, [13] vs [28] not managing to catch her into the center, but definitely putting her into it. [5] Ashley is caught in the blackhole as well!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25914 on: July 25, 2015, 04:42:49 pm »

Alucard continues to channel the Black Hole, knowing Ashley would just teleport out;
The black orb glows with menacing dark navy light as it sucks everything inside the room into it, heavy sounds of chaotic magic surging.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:58:36 pm by PrivateNomad »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25915 on: July 25, 2015, 05:06:27 pm »

The Fall of a God, The Birth of a Legend
Araceli- [?-26] [20] [5]
 *Possesses Ashley's rapier
Alucard- [39] [36] [14]
Ashley- [51] [10] [4]

[30-10] Araceli holds up her arm, and blinks forward, out of the black hole. Or did she run out...?

Ashley grits her teeth, and teleports forward towards Araceli, slashing. [3] vs [28] Araceli dodges her strike, and [16] successfully disarms the rapier, now holding it herself.

Alucard continues the channeling of the black hole.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25916 on: July 25, 2015, 05:12:20 pm »

Alucard begins to chant eldritch incantations as he motions his arms around; suddenly, swirls of magic would erupt from the ground and attempt to entangle Araceli as he casts a major Dimensional Anchor, a spell of the likes which Ashley has not seen.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:15:27 pm by PrivateNomad »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25917 on: July 25, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »

Turn 3:
Araceli- [?-170] [20] [5]
Alucard- [39] [36] [14]
Ashley- [51] [10] [1]

Araceli activates Double-Strike! [22] vs [irr.] She slices the rapier along Ea's corpse, lathering it in the magical god's blood. She next teleports to Ashley, swinging [7] vs [14] but Ashley parries with her blade.
   *Counter-Stike proc! Ashley follows up her parry with a downwards attack with her Fatigue Katana, [17] vs [30] but Araceli intercepts by blocking it with the rapier holding it inches from her face, sending sparks flying on contact! A mysterious green energy begins flowing between the swords, as they are pushed against eachother. A stunning shockwave is emitted from the energy.

[11 (pass)] Ashley seems locked for a moment, then begins teleporting very quickly.
"Chaos Star Barrage!"
[5,1,17,23,21,9,15,16,12,1,19,15,5,6,8] vs [3,24,30,10,27,6,13,11,1,22,8,18,13,11,21] She manages to hit 7 times successfully, but with each parried blow, the unidentified energy seems to be building up between the two. Ashley has dealt 144 damage! ((good god Araceli rolled five 1s on DEF check.))

[8 (fail)] Alucard is stunned for this turn, unable to cast his spell!

Turn 4:
Araceli- [?-180] [20] [5]
Alucard- [21] [36] [14]
Ashley- [36] [10] [1]

"Cute attempt, my toy soldiers, but I shall play with you until you die~!"
Araceli punches her purple energy blade into the floor, sending cracks sprawling out to every corner of the room. Purple pulsates below the floor, before void energy explodes from beneath!
[27] vs [12+1,14] This sends both Alucard and Ashley spiraling to opposite sides of the room, dealing 14 damage to Ashley, and 13 damage to Alucard.

Ashley rushes forward, and slashes at Araceli! [15] vs [16] Her strike is blocked by Araceli again, sending out another shockwave from the mysterious energy, this time stunning [16+1,13] nobody and dealing 1 damage to Ashley, 5 damage to Alucard, and 10 damage to Araceli!

[6] ((literally 1 off of the TN wow)) Alucard attempts his spell now, but it fizzles out. This energy must be messing with his head...

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25918 on: July 25, 2015, 08:04:48 pm »

Alucard grunts and stop attempting to cast the spell; he was getting weaker, and he had to end it quickly. He took in a deep breath as a shining orb of magic was conjured into his hands, purple light shining onto the white walls as power began to fill it.

"Ashley, get behind me!"

Swirls of power began to cyclone around Alucard as mass amounts of void energy is summoned; the most powerful spell he has ever cast to date.
Conjure a Godlike explosion of void magic, exploding EVERYWHERE except for where Ashley would be. Perhaps even fucking up space-time.
((20 mana, TN 20, d6 damage to alucard, aoe damage. This shit would probably go through the walls too.))

Once Ashley is with Alucard, he holds her close to him and finally unleashes the spell.
"ABYSSAL CATACLYSM!"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25919 on: July 26, 2015, 07:01:59 am »

Alice sat outside looking up at the clear blue sky, she wasn't really sure where anyone was or what they were doing. It was peaceful but as much as she tried to relax and forget she couldn't, in the end she just lay down and tried to sort out what was going on in her head.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 1757