Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 747199 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Stupid Demon Magic
« Reply #21480 on: February 11, 2015, 01:53:31 pm »

"Sure. I will grab Bartimaeus meantime, and maybe Sen. She might be good if we need to lay a trap."

Icarus searches for either of the two. Meanwhile Walpurga continues her research on shadow mana.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21481 on: February 11, 2015, 02:54:52 pm »

((Eh, d100.))
[99] Oh, wow. Walpurga might've just made a fantastic scientific breakthrough. But [35] she fails to realize the scale of it. She knows she just discovered something, but she just doesn't quite understand it.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21482 on: February 11, 2015, 02:59:39 pm »

Alice would heal Tobias but she isn't in the castle at this moment.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: February 11, 2015, 05:43:28 pm »

Icarus finds a girl, presumable Bartimaeus, sitting in Isaac's room. Either that or Isaac just got laid, which is very doubtful.

"And you're still alive no? I must not have been lying the last time I said to trust me."
"You pose a good point, but you still are an avid liar. That spell back there - that was the spell you used to get Solomon's ring, right? I recognize the magic."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21484 on: February 11, 2015, 05:49:45 pm »

((Especially since Isaac has been up on top of the tower moping with Dalia. Unless he managed to chat her up when I wasn't looking. :P))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21485 on: February 11, 2015, 06:10:49 pm »

Kaiser reenters the castle, still a bit battered from taking on Osmodius. He enters the kitchen, wondering whether or not to take on that stupid demon again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:18:39 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21486 on: February 11, 2015, 07:34:40 pm »

After some time -it's impossible to tell exactly how much, but it felt like hours*- the clerk-Fae calls out: "Dr. Alucard Vladimir and Ashley of the Void, the Queen will see you now."

As the pair stand, the glass-armored guard gestures, and the non-Fae walk towards the door. He opens it with minimal fuss, and inside lies a magnificent room that could only be the Throne Room of the Queen. If one of the two were to look back to where they'd just come out of, they'd find that the doors on this side were much larger, and much grander, than the one they'd gone in through, despite there being no other doors in sight(they were also much more closed than that door, as well).

A running theme with the decor seemed to be starkness and elegance, contrast and theme at the same time. Shades of blue or gray, white, and pale green were the dominant colors, both in clothing and tapestry. The carpet, however, was a brilliant lavender with a white diamond pattern leading directly up to the Queen, who sat upon a throne that seemed fashioned, as so many other things here were, of frosted glass.

The Queen herself was not perhaps what the pair had imagined. She was nearly unimaginably beautiful by almost any standards; an effect likely at least reinforced by magic, whether consciously or otherwise. But She was also cold, and austere. A well-fitted gown of light blue and pure white, with crimson trim, complemented Her figure, without making her seem immodest. Indeed, She seemed the pinnacle of refinement, and of authority, as She looked down on the two from Her seat. She did not look with contempt, but rather, a sort of dissecting curiosity, Her gaze the sort that none could meet for long. The Queens appearance was almost a compulsion, such was it's power; a desire to please and obey this woman. But that, at least, was resistible.

She spoke.

"Good evening, Doctor. It is always pleasant to have one of your profession grace the Court with their presence." and her voice was cold. Not sharp, though. Not yet. As she greeted Alucard, her head dipped ever so slightly in acknowledgement. A bow, or kneel, was probably called for here.

"And you who proclaim yourself to be Queen of the Void. Why have you come?" the Queen asked. Her voice, and words, were less kind this time.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:08 pm »

Alucard would notice Ashley's vision move over to him, then back at the Queen. She breathed deeply, bowing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:14:01 pm by Projeck37 »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21488 on: February 11, 2015, 08:05:25 pm »

Alucard bows deeply in respect and began to explain:
 "Your hospitality knows no bounds, Your Highness. We have come to this realm in search of a powerful artifact known as the Twilight Sigil, which we believe you possess. This Sigil, after the Nemesis Gate was destroyed by the Omniscience, was a primordial component of the eldritch domain. Because of its energies, the three Sigils returned to their domains: the Void, the Mortal Realm, and the Fae Realm. We have collected the other two, and now we seek to reconstruct the Nemesis Gate to defend Creation from beings of the Void."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21489 on: February 11, 2015, 09:00:45 pm »

Isaac makes some audible noise, like he's about to speak, but stops. He leans onto Dalia slightly.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21490 on: February 11, 2015, 09:03:54 pm »

Isaac must be really tall then, for Dalia went over to the opposite side of the tower from Isaac. But assuming that he moved next to her while they were talking, Dalia grunts as Isaac leans on her, "What?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21491 on: February 11, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »

Isaac indeed did move over, because he prefers to talk to a person's face. He gets off her, though, whenever she grunts.
"Can't we just... have a moment to ignore the events of the past couple days?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21492 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:23 pm »

"And? What is that going to change? I'm not going to feel any better if we do."

Given that Dalia has stubbornly refused to look at Isaac, he must have his work cut out for him.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21493 on: February 11, 2015, 09:30:21 pm »

Osmodius, who is still in Castle Dracula, laughs, "Indeed it was."

Sen is sitting in the Kitchen drinking a cup of coffee and reading a book.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21494 on: February 11, 2015, 09:41:21 pm »

"Sen. I have a private matter to discuss to you with."
Tobias crosses his arms.

Isaac sighs...
"Gods... Dalia... you don't make this easy on me."