Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 751464 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: All-Mighty Cock Up
« Reply #12510 on: August 16, 2014, 08:26:09 pm »

((Stat pool don't matter for size Smurf :P
Besides, if the shadow was something real, it'd be able to do so much more, but instead, it can't do physical attacks. Also, we all know our shadows are taller than us sometimes :P))

The Shadow casts Chill 3 for 6 mana. Because of the way the Shadow is currently, it is auto-hit. If not resisted, it slows the enemy's speed by 20% and does damage, calculated by the resistance roll of course.
The temperature in the area of the Shadow, which only includes itself and the Archon at the moment, begins to cool to below zero.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: August 16, 2014, 08:27:17 pm »

((it's made of electricity, cold makes it faster XD))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: August 16, 2014, 08:33:37 pm »

((Does it look like I'm playing this game for the logic? I'm playing it because it's a game.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: August 16, 2014, 08:35:03 pm »

((you win this round :P))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: August 16, 2014, 08:43:13 pm »

((Also, isn't that just if the electricity was moving through a conductor? Also, if we were playing with logic, your Archon would stop existing because obviously electricity cannot self sustain itself in air :P))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: August 16, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »

((He'd still need to get out of Walpurga's magic and at that point I would consider my tactic a failure.))
((Not necessarily, her magic was affecting his body, not his mind; I don't think it nullifies magic.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: August 17, 2014, 12:27:35 am »

((He'd still need to get out of Walpurga's magic and at that point I would consider my tactic a failure.))
((Not necessarily, her magic was affecting his body, not his mind; I don't think it nullifies magic.))
((Doesn't change that he's stuck. And I suppose whether the magic would get through depends on how she's holding him there.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: August 17, 2014, 12:29:40 am »

((Doesn't change that he's stuck. And I suppose whether the magic would get through depends on how she's holding him there.))
((Why would he have to move to use his magic? Not all magic requires movement.))

Mary continues hiding behind cover, quickly shifting between them whilst she continues charging Arcane Solstice.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: August 17, 2014, 12:31:31 am »

((Generally to make it more fair. Also, I'm talking about him running away. He can zap all he wants but he's still in position to have an angry Aztec cut off his gentiles.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: August 17, 2014, 12:35:08 am »

((Generally to make it more fair. Also, I'm talking about him running away. He can zap all he wants but he's still in position to have an angry Aztec cut off his gentiles.))
((If Walpurga didn't use that throw on him, he wouldn't be under the influence of her magic. Nevlyn has relatively poor defenses and a decent hit could have downed him, allowing the mage to run away.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: August 17, 2014, 12:37:25 am »

((Yes he would have. He was being lifted the last turn.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: August 17, 2014, 12:37:31 am »

((take it to OOC guys))

Kaiser starts making something!

The Nomad opens fire on the Archon!

Garrett fires his assault rifle at the archon!

"Stella, I have two boosts left. Where do you need them?"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:11:44 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:14 am »

((Buff defenses, that way, if the Archon isn't below half by the time Mary has to fire, she could shoot Stella so that she has double regen :P))
Mary glances at Alice, "How much magic do you have left? I'll be turning tail and running if my shot doesn't take it down, I might have something to help you if you're low..."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: August 17, 2014, 02:11:54 am »

"Hold off for now garrett"

Stella flies towards garret and pulling a small plstic container from her bag cuts herself and bleeds into the container

"Your magic should be compatible, don't touch the blood it's self but recharge from this"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: August 17, 2014, 02:51:44 am »

((eh. in v2, summons used their summoners mana to act, but oh well. It is still satisfying to a degree to kill the summoner with his own medicine))

"Scheiße!"

Unable to tele-grab electricity, Walpurga grabs a nearby car, rises it in the air and applies horizontal angular momentum to increase it's damage potential, before flinging it towards the Archon with all her might ((tier-6 category spell, -14 mana (8 remaining). I am not sure how the damage progression is, as the categories go 20/60/80, rather than 20/40/60, but I am assuming it's +140% (+25, +1 from perk, +2 from item). It comes at the drawback of both immobilizing her until her next action, and dealing 2d3 damage to her in the form of the so very clichee like nosebleed, to turn the massive TN of 15 to a more managable TN of 6. You may or may not decide to apply additional effects for throwing a large metalic object partialy filled with gasoline into a being made of electricity (hint: wwmbd, what would micheal bay do?)))

---

Icarus unable to get close, just increases her mag and skill by 25% each, and fires some more at the Archon, which is more or less a hardcounter to her :(. She feels a bit inadequate plinking at the Archon while Hilda does what Hilda does..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:54:46 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1757