Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 751472 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: All-Mighty Cock Up
« Reply #12495 on: August 16, 2014, 12:14:30 pm »

((being shouted at by an angry mayan is a better way to deal with a mage than to throw him into his own creation to be electrocuted, while simultanously being torn apart by a miniature black hole and set on fire by a dragon? I'd rather not take the chance. The Archon nearly one-shotted four of us at once. this needs to be dealt with immediatly and with extreme prejudice. I am sure nevlyn can just let go the moment he notices what is going on.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: August 16, 2014, 12:55:32 pm »

((No. If you continue with this path I will be very upset.))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: August 16, 2014, 01:02:52 pm »

((Why? I doubt that the wizard is going to be intimidated to desummon the Archon. And with the sheer amount of debuffs on the Archon, I doubt it's going to live very long.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: August 16, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

((What? But it makes no sense for Walpurga to not do that. She sees the people she wanted to talk to are about to be killed (the archon nearly one-shotted 4 people at once, dear god), and takes quick and efficent action to put an end to that and save them. She does not know Nevlyn well enough (in fact nobody in the group does) to be able to guess that Nevlyn would actually continue to hold onto the mage, despite the mage being thrown right into an inferno. In fact, I do not understand why Nevlyn would do that at all. He may be a walking anachronism that manges to entangle himself in controler cords, but surely he can tell danger from safety. As such, I am rather upset that you insist on me changing my action, and trying to coax me into changing it by claiming upsetness. My action is sound in-character, and even out-of-character, meanwhile Nevlyns action and reaction is questionable at best.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: August 16, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

((How do you know that will work? If you kill him and it doesn't desummon the Archon what will you do. This is the safest bet.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: August 16, 2014, 01:33:48 pm »

((in case you have not noticed, the Archon is debuffed, but still doing rather well. Nevlyn may be shouting at him with threats of genital mutilation, but if the mage has any guts *at all* he will be willing to gamble a bit. Even if he desummoned the thing, he'd be a prisoner and at the mercy of what looks to be a madman. Might as well *try* to escape and send the archon on nevlyn to fry his ass. Also, that's ooc. Walpurga doesn't know how elemental summons work, and considering the sound of thunder that is probably booming over the battlefield everytime the archon attacks, the nomad firing rockets and gatling guns and whatnot, and all the various explosions, not to mention the strong accent that nevlyn has (or should have), she probably has not an entire grasp on the chaos. So yeah, without Nevlyn having a tactical talk with her to explain his concerns, Walpurga will not take them into consideration. Also, entirely OOC, I am willing to gamble that no, smurf will not end a boss battle because Nevlyn threathened with genital mutilation, and put my money on subjecting the squishy mage to a shit-ton of damage instead. Chances are that the archon, with 300 points of stats a veritable force of nature, and the squishy mage are not best buddies, and that the archon might not actually be keen on fighting random mortals at the whims of some other mortal.))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: August 16, 2014, 04:43:13 pm »

"Get an Ultralisk in here!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:20 pm »

((Akroma, I would apriciate you not throwing one of my characters into a cluster fuck like that.))
((Nevlyn could just let go whilst she's accelerating the guy.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: I am amused.
« Reply #12503 on: August 16, 2014, 07:46:26 pm »

The archon, despite being trapped in the black hole, fires at Alucard! [20] VS [5], hitting him square, and dealing [42] ((oh my god I love this archon, you'd all be screwed if I wasn't fudging numbers XD)) VS [10], dealing 32 damage! Alucard is undergoing mild cardiac arrest! -2 health remaining, -10 is death.

The black hole deals 11 damage to the archon.

The Nomad strafes the archon, [15] VS [30-10], but it dodges!

Winry gives dead Alucard a +8 RES shield!

Bartimaeus hides like small child!

Alison waddles off.

Walpurga [6] (-4 mana) throws the wizard, Nevlyn in tow, towards the archon! [5+1] VS [3-10] VS [7] Nevlyn jumps off at the very last moment, leaving the wizard to fly into the archon, [47/2] VS [1] and the wizard is summarily executed by electrical energy. Ouch. You could almost swear the archon was laughing.

Icarus [4] (-4 mana) boosts her magic by 50% and [12] VS [30-10] misses the Archon!

Garrett buffs Stella's speed by 4, (-2 mana).

Stella [3] (-6 mana) white fires the archon! [5] VS [5-10], the attack hitting and dealing [13] VS [10] 3 damage! ((stella needs way more points in magic))

Dalia [6] (-6 mana) [10] VS [2] curses the Archon, reducing his speed and defense by 30%

Vaeros [14] (-6 mana) starts summoning a major ghost!

Kaotaro activates more modules! Hurry upppp

Hilda changes form! ((uhm, I think you screwed it up, because now she has 52 defense >.<))

Sen [1] starts making another battery. The extant battery absorbs 10 mana.

Mary starts charging! ((oh dear god))

Tobias hides like little girl!

Alice [11] heals Mary for 24 health!

Kaiser [15] (-8 mana) fires the big ass cannon, [6] VS [11-10] hitting the archon again, dealing [9+9] VS [15], dealing 3 damage!

Nevlyn flips out!

((nahp, archon is taller, has more points :P))

The shadow [15] (-8 mana) wraps itself around the archon [30] VS [12], blinding it! (-10 to skill) It also fails to cast insanity.

((edit: forgot hilda!))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:01:59 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: August 16, 2014, 07:50:18 pm »

"... So are you doing it or what?"

((Fucking told you. I mean, did you really think that he'd make it that easy?))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: August 16, 2014, 07:51:50 pm »

((even if that didn't happen, the mage would've electrocuted you and ran))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: August 16, 2014, 07:54:20 pm »

((How? He was perfectly immobilized as you said.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: August 16, 2014, 08:12:39 pm »

((magic *waves hands*))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: August 16, 2014, 08:13:36 pm »

"Just as planned.

Rise."

Vaeros casts enormous raise dead on the wizard's corpse.

Bartimaeus looks at Alucard.
 "Alice! We need Alucard up so he can keep the Black Hole open!"
Bartimaeus fires a major detonation at the Archon.

Winry adds another layer of shielding.

Hilda's cannon finishes charging, and she takes aim at it.
 "Hypercharged concentrated abyssal quintessence, directed into a single beam with a diameter of more than 8 meters. Here we go, Wrath of the Scion!"
Hilda fires a Tier 8 blast of magic at the Archon. (16 mana)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: August 16, 2014, 08:15:34 pm »

((He'd still need to get out of Walpurga's magic and at that point I would consider my tactic a failure.))

Nevlyn leaves as he is pretty much useless now.

Kyle is still off making sure his castle does and sustains minimal damage.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1757