Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 747125 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Punching ensues
« Reply #2220 on: June 13, 2014, 03:00:02 pm »

((Oh I just realized something. I will post it OOC.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: June 13, 2014, 03:39:16 pm »

Kaiser wakes up. Because he's rolled off his bed onto the floor.

"!@#$%^&*!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA, idiot."

"Uh...how long was I out for?"

"Couple hours."

"Guh. Food me."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:41:01 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: June 13, 2014, 03:50:09 pm »

Asuna throws bread at Kaiser. Because shipping.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: June 13, 2014, 03:59:37 pm »

"T-thanks!"

Kaiser tears into the bread.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: June 13, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »

Albrecht eventually stumbles to his apartment, drunk and still moping about Sen.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: June 13, 2014, 04:41:09 pm »

"Hows N-nuriel doing? I h-haven't talked to her r-recently..."
I'm fine. Life's fun as it's always been. Sad I missed the stuff in the Big Applesauce, though.
"She's fine. I think she's getting bored."

"Hmm, now how to o about hat, other than what you are already doing? WIll, perhaps some evidence will enable us to push for an embargo at the least from the UN"
"Last time they tried something like that, half the world ignored the UN and the other half faced...reprisals. Countries have a lot of ways they can be punished by someone with Murder Night's resources. That's why an independent group would be best...but more on that in a bit."

"Such as the matter of the so-called Murder Night. Tell me, Mr. Warren, what would you say forms the basis of her world power in particular?"
She totally ignores Bart. Or so it seems at first.
"Several things. Her personal might, bolstered by that shadow spirit, is formidable, of course; I'd guess that she's probably capable of beating most, if not all, other magic-users in single combat. She's also found a number of other powerful magicians of various sorts and gotten them to follow her orders, one way or another. Then there's her army, fired up with promises of wealth and prosperity, supported with a number of minor magicians and with enchanted weapons as standard. No enchantments that are game-changing on its own, but considering that most of the people fighting them are going to be poorer African nations, that's plenty. She also has access to a bunch of minerals and stuff; even in this age of magic, it's cheaper to mine minerals than to pay an alchemist or someone to manufacture gold or diamonds, assuming you're in a jurisdiction where that's legal. And if really pressed, the Shadow Spirit probably has other tricks up its ethereal sleeve..."

"Kyle, can I have schematics for an anti-magic projector and an AI?"
"Can I review any project she uses those for?"

Kate shrugs and goes to hug someone else.
Angel likes hugs! But not from strangers.

"Before anyone else storms off to drink...I'd like to bring up the reason I asked some of you, at least to come here.
"The world has faced many threats. In the early years of magic, vigilantism was the only defense,  because the institutions were ignorant like most nations, impotent like many corporations, or too narrowly-focused like IRIS--and some, like Yuri's family, were the root of the problems. Then magic diffused into everyday life, and the world adapted. Magical threats can be fought with SERT, PRTs, and similar organizations, so vigilantes faded from the scene. Many of us returned to our everyday lives, while others moped about, longing for the return of the glory days.
"Their wishes may have been granted.
"Murder Night, the infamous African warlord, has proven impervious to most methods of unseating her, and the nations of the world are concerned about what would come of another attempt to harm her empire. A country is an awfully large target, and Murder Night doesn't care much about collateral damage while dealing out her vengeance, so long as most of the effort punishes those who harmed her. Thus, vigilantes associated with no nations or other major organizations are ideal for dealing with her.
"But where can such vigilantes be found? A bare few can and will venture into darkest Africa to deal with the darkness, and they are solitary, uncoordinated individuals, easily picked off. A nation, corporation, or such provides the clear target that we're hoping to avoid. It's a terrible dilemma; how can a group have the resources needed to deal with Murder Night while still remaining immune or invisible to Night's vengeance?"

Will taps his head.
"I've quite a network of resources. In these years, the only one who's discovered I'm behind it is Constanza, who determined it entirely because she knows me, and I'm willing to bet she hasn't found half of it. More importantly, I know the Northdale Five and their associates; I can bring together these famed magical girls and boys. Together, we will rise, and bring a new dawn to those under Murder Night's rule."
He pauses for a moment.
"Who's interested?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: June 13, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »

"Until I get a proper combat body, that seems like a bad idea."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: June 13, 2014, 04:48:49 pm »

"I can't even cast magic anymore."

Kate shakes her head.
"Not my job."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: June 13, 2014, 04:49:48 pm »

Constanza affects a frown. "I do not 'know you'. Have we ever spoken before this day? I merely knew you existed and you might have had the ability to implement what I saw. The rest was years of work to determine if  the only known possibility was the correct one.

Nonetheless, I would cooperate, though I would of course expect...compensation, aside from the things that would be their own compensation. There are many ways to kill a seven-headed monster."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: June 13, 2014, 04:59:05 pm »

It took Alice a while to reply but when she finally did she said
"I could help"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: June 13, 2014, 05:03:36 pm »

"I can't even cast magic anymore."
"You'd still be able to help. And it would give you purpose in life...something it seems like you could use."

Kate shakes her head.
"Not my job."
"It's not anyone's job, Kate. That's part of why we need someone to volunteer."

Constanza affects a frown. "I do not 'know you'. Have we ever spoken before this day? I merely knew you existed and you might have had the ability to implement what I saw. The rest was years of work to determine if  the only known possibility was the correct one."
"More than most know of me. More than Murder Night knows of me, I'm willing to bet."

"Nonetheless, I would cooperate, though I would of course expect...compensation, aside from the things that would be their own compensation. There are many ways to kill a seven-headed monster."
"Of course, of course. Compensation relative to your risk and effort, of course."

It took Alice a while to reply but when she finally did she said
"I could help"
"Thank you."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: June 13, 2014, 05:05:01 pm »

"Well... why are we attacking her? She really hasn't done shit for a long time."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: June 13, 2014, 05:11:23 pm »

Constanza smiles. "Fortunately, many of my plans are already underway. It is not as though I have been ignoring her potential threat, and many things that happen to injure her are good for me to begin with. However, your assistance would be invaluable, seeing as you possess talents and resources I certainly lack."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:38 pm »

"Well... why are we attacking her? She really hasn't done shit for a long time."
"Just because you haven't heard of anything she's done doesn't mean she hasn't done anything. It's all background noise now. Another nation invaded, another swath of land taken. Another mine, more human rights violations. Another insult, another international incident as vengeance."
Sig

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: June 13, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »

Alice shifted her feet slightly,
"Could we please wait until Icarus can help as well, I want to stay with her"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1757