Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517251 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I will point out there were hardly ever any combat arguments before Akroma came along.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

But there were still arguments :P Besides, Combat back then was more relaxed, which kinda made it fun.

Also, Stop accusing because that starts Arguments. Also, Akroma, do not take that bait. :D
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mom and my brother brought me a Yoohoo. Yay.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Just pointing that out.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still unnecessary.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just had a fight with my brother. I won't be on for a while. Be back tomorrow or by monday.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

I hope it gets sorted out soon.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

@Akroma, KJ still has a character, so don't fuel fodder to the fire.

woah woah woah, wait, really?

Because in that case:

:P

Also, combat stays. This game is already story driven enough, and without combat and little shipping the entire thing would cease to function.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:26:00 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I have to ask, have we decided on anything for the special ability stuff? Based on strength/skill/whatever? I feel like we should hammer it out now, so that it's ready for testing the next time combat occurs.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

SP is based on strength. Every 5 points gives 1 point of SP. SP regenerates with a normal attack.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And how will SP regen/ability cost be handled?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Okay, ability costs (keep in mind the drawback system also applies here, so you can sacrifice health or something for SP in a pinch):

1SP: A player can throw this attack out (on average) every 2 turns or so, so it'll be restricted to small-tier buffs and small attack boosts.

2SP: Appears every 3 turns or so. This ability either gives a significant damage boost or decent buffs.

3SP: Every 4 turns. Unlocks more powerful unique abilities (such as regeneration, terrain based moves, etc.) Also contains low grade team buffs.

4SP: Every 5 turns. This move is primarily a very powerful attack of some variety, such as a multi-standard attack, or a high tier group buff.

5SP: Every 6 turns. Finisher (this means very powerful, not OHK) class attacks, uber group buffs.

((am i not the best at titles))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:56:09 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge
« Reply #9582 on: May 01, 2015, 07:07:01 pm »

Yes you are.

Question: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems right now there are 2 arcs going simultaneously. In addition, both arcs are GMed by the players of the characters they concern. Does everyone get an arc eventually?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: May 01, 2015, 07:07:51 pm »

Only if you want to have a plot. If you don't feel up to the task you don't have to take one, it's purely voluntary.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: May 01, 2015, 07:10:48 pm »

I actually do want one, then. I had an idea for my character's arc floating around in my head. I'll have to get it planned out, and get familiar with the system, but I'd want to do one eventually. Speaking of which, are either of the current missions close to wrapping up?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 685