Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 518821 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2655 on: July 13, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »

Err, perks, sorry.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: July 13, 2014, 11:47:04 pm »

4chan is being a fag for me, so...

>be a DM
>playing Eberron 3.5
>party is led to a house by a druid's injured owl
>house is trapped as FUCK
>They see a pickaxe, but shrug it off. (important later)
>they all avoid and disable the traps, find a door with some crazy yapping of a Kobold
>Karrot Kayke (Gnome bard. Really crazy) begins to yell random gibberish after the Kobold yells shit in draconic
>tell him to roll
>rolls a nat 1
>Kobold starts screaming in common about how Karrot insulted his mother. He speaks in a heavy spanish accent.
>Spear stabs through the door and narrowly misses Karrot
>Karrot slams the door open and stares the Kobold straigt in the eye
>"IF YOU DONT STOP THAT SHIT, I WILL FUCKING TEAR YOUR GENITALS OFF!"
>roll to intimidate
>natural. fucking. 20.
>Me: "The Kobold gazes at you as dread fills his eyes. A foul stench fills the room as he shits his pants and backs away, tossing the darts he was filling with poison to the floor."
>Party is cheering
>Quim, halfing Cleric, recruits the Kobold to help them disable traps along the way
>They eventually reach the Kobold lair, the Kobold (who is named Darnith), says that a dangerous trap will spill alchemic fire if you entered the wrong code for the door
>Karrot: "They're Kobolds. Try 1234!"
>They get another character's psicrystal to punch in the numbers. Liquid fire starts pouring out, party backs the fuck away. Also triggers an alarm.
>Kobolds start pouring out, and Darnith activates his Plan B
>Says that he had the PCs prisoner.  Kobold leader nodded and let them in, keeping close to a lever which locked ALL the doors in the hideout.
>Kobold searches Quim, steals her cl potion
>Karrot aint taking that shit. He rolls sleight of hand to undo the weak ropes and get his CL6 Magic Missile wand out
>Get all low spot checks for the Kobolds, they dont see
>Karrot uses the wand and one-shots two of the Kobolds.
>Karrot turns to the other Kobold, stares him in the eye
>"I WILL FUCKING RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK!"
>roll intimidate
>nat 20. again.
>Me: "The Kobold pisses his pants and faints."
>Kobold pulls the lever. ALL the doors lock.

Now, there are several ways they could have opened the doors even if they were locked.
1: If they didnt kill any Kobolds, Darnith would have gladly done it. Now that they killed most of Darnith's friends, not so much.
2: The pickaxe from earlier. They could have mined the doors apart. Yay for subtle placements of plot devices.
3: Overload the alchemic fire trap and use it to blow the doors open. Or make bombs from it.
4: Improvise

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: July 13, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »

Well, perks *are* supposed to be based on your best skill, so:

Magic: -1 mana cost; -1 TN
Skill: increased accuracy, better crafting, a bonus 'snipe' ability
Defense: increased defense, better bonuses when using armor

Those are just some generic ones, pass any you find interesting by me and I'll veto them if they're OP.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: July 13, 2014, 11:53:41 pm »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: July 14, 2014, 12:09:36 am »

Do any of you have any experience in making supers in GURPS?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: July 14, 2014, 12:21:32 am »

Err, perks, sorry.
Hmm... I don't have any numbers for these, but...

Magic - Arcane Squash Head: Projectile spells may be fired at sufficiently solid objects such as walls, resulting in spalling. The resultant spall deals less damage and is easier to dodge than the original spell, but is classified as physical damage and is reduced by defense rather than resistance.

Magic - Arcane Cannibalization: This character may remove all their current buffs in order to increase the power of their next spell.

Magic - Override: The user may sacrifice a piece of enchanted equipment to cast a spell using the realm and nature of the enchantment.

Skill - Opportunistic Strike: Attacks are harder to avoid if the target is also trying to evade other attacks.

Skill - Execution: If an attack's skill roll is high enough as so that the target's speed roll becomes irrelevant, the attack deals significantly more damage.

Skill - Stoic Precision: This character's skill is unaffected by poor visibility or distractions.

Defense - Assisted Guard: Equipment with a defense bonus have that bonus increased when equipped by this character.

Defense - Ablative Armor: Equipment with a defense bonus may be sacrificed to increase defense for one turn. The equipment is only destroyed if the character had to make a defense roll that turn.

Defense - Sacrificial Protection: If this character is pinned or grappled, a portion of incoming damage is mitigated to the pinning or grappling entity before damage calculation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:02:19 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: July 14, 2014, 02:09:02 am »

Probably, although wolfchild probably knows enough to get us started.

I Know a little, what do you need to know, I will see what I can remember/make up

Well, the dragonknight does give decent buffs to his dragon, plus I think he has more health than any other PC at the moment.

And in a combat situation, once the advantages to her were explained Stella would be all for it, but the bond would require them to get into a relationship before she accepted
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: July 14, 2014, 02:17:10 am »

No comment on the Aztec who's going to literally worship her and her family most likely?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: July 14, 2014, 02:34:38 am »

No comment on the Aztec who's going to literally worship her and her family most likely?
If he just worships dragons in general, he'd probably be elsewhere near a large dragon colony, worshiping them instead. It's more likely that he'll find out about them than Stella, after all.

Also why would he worship dragons? The closest Aztec god I can think of would be Quetzalcoatl, but that's just a feathered serpent with no wings or limbs.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:40:49 am by Empiricist »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: July 14, 2014, 03:35:12 am »

Probably, although wolfchild probably knows enough to get us started.

I Know a little, what do you need to know, I will see what I can remember/make up

Well, the dragonknight does give decent buffs to his dragon, plus I think he has more health than any other PC at the moment.

And in a combat situation, once the advantages to her were explained Stella would be all for it, but the bond would require them to get into a relationship before she accepted

I sort need to know everything I can about dragons, being pretty much a greenhorn to this game.

Also, considering the Dragonknight lived in the 12th century up until now, have fun.

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: July 14, 2014, 03:37:54 am »

Also why would he worship dragons? The closest Aztec god I can think of would be Quetzalcoatl, but that's just a feathered serpent with no wings or limbs.
Who's to say he isn't in some dragon cult of Aztec origin? :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: July 14, 2014, 03:41:43 am »

Who's to say he isn't in some dragon cult of Aztec origin? :P
Fair point. Though then the question would be if they had more conventional religious practices or if they still did that whole sacrifice gig.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: July 14, 2014, 03:43:23 am »

He wouldn't remember even if you asked him. Comes with the curse. Although I will tell you that he has good reason to like dragons as much as he does.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: July 14, 2014, 03:44:02 am »

Hmmm... My bet would be on sacrificing animals.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: July 14, 2014, 03:46:41 am »

Wait, are we still going with making every single myth and religion true to an extent? Because if so, we're probably going to have to take quite a bit of creative license with the Tzitzimitl. Specifically the rattlesnake bit.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 685