Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 518405 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Ninja Plots
« Reply #1590 on: July 04, 2014, 11:28:57 pm »

Well, Kaiser is probably dead.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 04, 2014, 11:33:16 pm »

Maybe. The reason I dropped a "Reason you Suck" speech on him was to give him a reason to stop being such a, well, loser, and give him a nice redemption sorta thing. He does live in a jet flown by an AI, and he could probably eat Kyle's suit if you chased him, depending on what it's made from.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: July 04, 2014, 11:34:51 pm »

He needs to get out sometimes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: July 04, 2014, 11:35:15 pm »

Let the stats and rolls do the talking, not the OOC.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: July 04, 2014, 11:36:27 pm »

If something comes up for Sam to do something, someone send me a pm. For now he just sorta doesn't have much to do but I don't want him to die. I understand that he's sorta hard to interact with but uh.... Yeah xD

But then we get into the argument of "Does a dagger at the throat of a 18th level fighter barely scratch him because stats or kill him because realism?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: July 04, 2014, 11:39:34 pm »

Would Kyle actually be suicidal? Bit extreme, even though the argument would've hurt him pretty badly.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: July 04, 2014, 11:40:22 pm »

Kyle is probably more suicidal than Lizzie.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: July 04, 2014, 11:43:46 pm »

...Fuck. Nightmares and terrible feelings for Kaiser.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: July 04, 2014, 11:45:34 pm »

If Alucard punched him then you know shit's serious.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: July 04, 2014, 11:46:14 pm »

Would Kyle actually be suicidal? Bit extreme, even though the argument would've hurt him pretty badly.
Unstable is a better term. He did intend to murder William previously. Seems that five years have done little for his level of maturity or mental stability.

But then we get into the argument of "Does a dagger at the throat of a 18th level fighter barely scratch him because stats or kill him because realism?"
I'd say stats, otherwise it'd be pointless. Also, I'd say if they'd fight in-character, go ahead. Do it. Cut the OOC crap and just handle it with the roll of the die. Or in this case, the variations of atmospheric noise.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: July 04, 2014, 11:50:26 pm »

In other news Zdzislaw Bekskinski is like the coolest artist ever and his nightmarish/baroque/surreal paintings are the bomb diggity because they emphasize themes of death/loneliness/sadness/guilt/a few other sins/everything awesome ever.

That is all c:

I'd say stats, otherwise it'd be pointless. Also, I'd say if they'd fight in-character, go ahead. Do it. Cut the OOC crap and just handle it with the roll of the die. Or in this case, the variations of atmospheric noise.
Hmmm it seems I described the normal situation for that argument wrong... The fighter is in bed with no armor (but still lots of hp, a crit won't kill basically) and a mundane dagger is at his throat. Me personally I say you go for realism and fighter dies because jugular cut means death, not 1d4+crit damage.

Thats just my opinion though and I have weird opinions and shit so just don't listen to me xD

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 04, 2014, 11:53:21 pm »

Hmmm it seems I described the normal situation for that argument wrong... The fighter is in bed with no armor (but still lots of hp, a crit won't kill basically) and a mundane dagger is at his throat. Me personally I say you go for realism and fighter dies because jugular cut means death, not 1d4+crit damage.

Thats just my opinion though and I have weird opinions and shit so just don't listen to me xD
Nah, that's my preferred option as well, it's just that a few previous precedents seem to rule more towards the other option. Which of course means that Kyle threatening people at gunpoint is a bit silly since it can't actually instakill and would just initiate combat instead :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 04, 2014, 11:59:26 pm »

The correct answer is to yell at the DM to figure out where the scene is going. They're the one running things after all and if you have a knife at the throat of a PC then there's probably a good reason for that. Plus, you know, HP isn't a direct representation of health, but an abstract one that includes other factors like luck and fatigue. Also I think they have rules about coup de gracing characters who aren't unconcious or restrained, so look those up too.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 05, 2014, 12:01:23 am »

Nah, that's my preferred option as well, it's just that a few previous precedents seem to rule more towards the other option. Which of course means that Kyle threatening people at gunpoint is a bit silly since it can't actually instakill and would just initiate combat instead :P
Actually it means death because it's actually a highly optimized 19th level rogue/scout/assassin with two-weapon fighting who deals +15d6 sneak attack/skirmish damage and pentuple damage on crits...

using coup de gras. Which is an actual mechanic for that reason.

Edit: HP is meant to represent skill, pain resistance, amount of blood in body, capability to work around/through wounds, etc., not 'luck' or 'fatigue'(fatigue is a separate mechanic >.>). >.>

None o' that luck bullshit.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:04:01 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 05, 2014, 12:02:48 am »

The correct answer is to yell at the DM to figure out where the scene is going. They're the one running things after all and if you have a knife at the throat of a PC then there's probably a good reason for that. Plus, you know, HP isn't a direct representation of health, but an abstract one that includes other factors like luck and fatigue. Also I think they have rules about coup de gracing characters who aren't unconcious or restrained, so look those up too.
Yeah I understand the coup de grace argument and all that, Im just saying:

When it comes to stats vs realism, what do you naturally go with. And yeah, hp is a good thing to look at as "plot armor" that gets used up. Hell, even 4e made it more like that when they made the bloodied mechanic which basically meant at half health you actually took a hit and then adrenaline rush type thing.

I'll just stop talking though because I see that I'm the only one on my side...
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 685