Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82070 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread
« Reply #1590 on: August 15, 2014, 05:55:03 pm »

I have a bad feeling that this game is going to be troubled by uncreative and bad plot mainly because i'm a lazy and uncreative person. *sigh*  :'(
This is basically the main problem with every person ever, not the last part. ESPECIALLY myself. Though, you've seen how lazy WM is  :P , and he still makes his games interesting with small posts. The creativity part isn't the real problem.
Let's face it, just about everything nowadays is a shameless ripoff of someone else's work.
All stories have been written. They just (hopefully) get rewritten in a different way.
I will openly say that I am shamelessly using bits from GURPS Infinite Worlds in the SG I'm planning.
Though it IS supposed to be used, I guess.
* Lyeos shrugs.
The plot doesn't need to be completely original or creative.
Hell, just make it a twist on a plot from a game/book/dream if it helps.
Or take bits and pieces.
Pretty much any plot is better than no plot.

Edit: Well, no, creativity is still important.
But that one is basically in the way of it.
Er, rather, no amount of creativity will help if you're too lazy to do anything with it.
Yeah, I think that's what I meant.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:10:27 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 15, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »

Your making a SG cool. ( :) ) It's more then that i'm not sure i'm going to be able to take this game anywhere and that i'm just wasting everyone's time. I don't want to do that to everyone. ( :( )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:09:50 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 16, 2014, 05:37:52 am »

What Lyeos said. If you're lazy, just BS something. Like a monster attack or a meteorite strike.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 23, 2014, 10:47:52 am »

Sooo....
Hi.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 23, 2014, 12:43:14 pm »

Sooo....
Hi.
Rasheed and Moth are being stupid.
Lytle probably heard every word they said.
He could, you know, approach and/or insult them.

Playergamer still has yet to provide appearances or... Names? I think.

Still waiting on KJ.

Also, still waiting on Prophet with his plot whatsit... Since this is his game...
But, yeah, basically I am assuming this is dead.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 25, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

Yes it's dead. If anybody wants to make a third attempt at this game go ahead just pm me when you start so I can see how it goes and maybe play in it. Thanks for putting up with my horrible GMing.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 28, 2014, 06:26:06 pm »

Yes it's dead. If anybody wants to make a third attempt at this game go ahead just pm me when you start so I can see how it goes and maybe play in it. Thanks for putting up with my horrible GMing.
Is this my doing?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 29, 2014, 01:51:22 pm »

What? Why would you be the reason this is dead? If anything i'm the reason it is dead. Oh and is Cheesistan dead? I hope not I like Cheesistan.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 29, 2014, 01:56:54 pm »

So, who's going to try to run 3? Not me, for obvious reasons.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 29, 2014, 01:58:41 pm »

So, who's going to try to run 3? Not me, for obvious reasons.

Nobody.
I think this thing's failings have shown it to be a terrible idea.
At the very least, I would enjoy a different setting if someone were to run a third one.
Preferably under another name.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: September 02, 2014, 10:44:50 pm »

What? Why would you be the reason this is dead? If anything i'm the reason it is dead. Oh and is Cheesistan dead? I hope not I like Cheesistan.
No. I'm updating it now. Everyone get into the IRC?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 05, 2014, 10:12:43 pm »

So...long time no see. I remember this, Vlayeth was adorable. Let's bring them back, eh? But...wait. Original game failed because we didn't have a plot...not good at planning...I have an idea!

Basically, RTD focused on Vlad and Tayeth after Oakshire. Two players, one Vlad, one Tayeth, four writers who write out the plot, and I handle the details, as is my style. Guude?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 05, 2014, 10:31:00 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe? If you can get Lyeos to agree as one of the characters in this RtD idea of yours is his sure why not. *Prophet shrugs*

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 06, 2014, 07:47:28 am »

Plot: Thing happens. Stuff breaks. Evil place. Wooshy-woo. Treasure. Adventure. Go.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:56 pm »

Plot: Thing happens. Stuff breaks. Evil place. Wooshy-woo. Treasure. Adventure. Go.
Hi CMC!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108